Should there be a notification at the bottom of a post when someone gets blocked?

Just so that everyone knows who the big butthurt baby is, and they don't get to feel like a big person for having the last word in?

Do you think it would happen as much if people had to show that the other person could no longer defend themselves from their bullshit half truths?

• Yes, it would cut down on narcissistic assholes trying to save face and feel like they won a debate
  • No (explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it would just be helpful to get a notification of when you're blocked. That way, it could save users the hassle of typing potentially long responses only to find out later you're blocked.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Who lost the argument" right here

"Who won the argument" right here

God please yes

I never block, except for special occasions not argument-based

What Girls Said 8

• I actually wouldn't mind that. Then I'd be able to steer clear of some questions instead of finding out that the user blocked me and I can't answer anyway.

• I just got blocked and then called out and couldn't defend myself.
    Had to PM someone to back me up.

GETTING ANGRY NOW!

😠😠😠

😡😡😡

👿👿👿

• That would be funny to see that.

• Yes yes yes!! I get blocked so much, it's ridiculous. My opinions are always getting reported too. Very annoying. It's like you have to give opinions that the majority agree with or else you risk getting in trouble. What does that say about our society?

• It says that the babified college kids are finally graduating. Don't worry though, they're going to be unemployed for a long time, because nobody hires crybabies

• lmao have you ever used Reddit?

• lol yeah, that'd be hilarious

• I only see this causing problems.

• why? are you one of those "blockers" lol

• Has anyone actually said that last one? lol

Really.

• Not to me.

• I'm guessing feminists and religious people blocked you 😂

• No because blocking someone is the users decision for their own profile. The rest of gag has no business knowing what choose to do and not do with our profiles.

• Blocking someone isn't supposed to be a decision made for no reason. The rest of GaG deserves to know when someone else is silenced from responding to a bunch of bullshit. The rest of GaG deserves to know if someone is a big baby and will block others who disagree with them.

• May I remind you, that this website is a place for open discussion and questions, and not a place for "safe spaces"

• Okay, this is just my opinion on the topic. Is that not what you asked for?

What Guys Said 9

• Oh hell yes... its only been a few times but I've had it happen to me. people blocking me from posting either because they couldn't handle the truth in the opinion or because i commented on an opinion and totally dismantled it lol... so they talked smack... then blocked me so i couldn't defend myself lol... I've made a couple of them unblock me though... simply posted elsewhere and exposed them for the frauds that they were... hahahahaha

• ... or hide the reply button so people who blocked the user can't even start typing an answer.

The only thing that sucks about being blocked for me, is writing an opinion that I can't post because I didn't know the user blocked me until AFTER I started typing something.

Removing the reply button on those opinions who blocked the user will solve this problem!

• Yeah, but at the same time, I'd still like to see the losers get shamed for being babies

• That's a nice pipe dream but that's not gonna happen lol. Blocking on a website shouldn't have any shame or judgment involved, that's bad social mechanics for a website.

• Excellent idea!

• Yes, that would be useful.

• I can only see benefits with no negative repercussions, personally. We'd all get to see who the overreacting hypocrites are, and wouldn't have to take them seriously in their narcissistic bullshit anymore.

• In short no. I don't get offended when I realized I was blocked by someone. I don't really care just go on to the next question.

• Alright, that's fair enough, but at the same time, I feel like you're not really interested in changing anyone's minds about anything, given that information.

I don't know why you'd feel the need to answer no, though. It's not like it would be difficult to install such a system. Can you think of any negative setbacks to having it?

• Yes I do. I don't understand if you are having a respectful debate back and forth that questioner will then block you. I think it's childish and to me not matter what "last word" they have or what they say after they block I take solace in the fact I must the nail on head on something that got in a position that made them uncomfortable, which is a win for me.

• I just believe narcissistic liars need to have a little slap to their ego. Again, I can't see any negative issues arising from this. It would actually foster more open debates, in my opinion

• I have often thought that would be fair

• Yeah that would save a lot of time.

• YES INDEED!

I think people on this site abuse theat blocking bullshit too much

• this guy is screwed up in the head lol.

• Yes, because it's so screwed up to want people to be held accountable for their own shitty decisions