Why post Anonymously?

I'm curious what makes you prefer to post both questions and answers anonymously. (Totally cool to post anonymously, of course :p)

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I rarely do it because I don't post things I am likely to regret later. But there have been a few questions I really wanted to ask but felt embarrassed revealing myself. I knew that I would not regret it later but still didn't feel comfortable enough to avoid going anonymous.

What Girls Said 15

• I haven't gone anonymous in a while. However, when I did, it was because I was sharing or asking about information that is highly private to me. I didn't want my identity attached to it.

• I rarely post anonymously. I use the feature when I am asking something very personal or sexual or am giving an answer that is personal.

• I don't post anon, I don't have any reason to.

• Depends on the question. For my age, I'm inexperienced so I ask or answer anonymously for certain questions. I just don't want certain opinions or questions associated with my username. For the most part I answer without the anonymous.

• I dont. I'm anonymous anyway, as anyone else on here is unless they choose to give their real name and shit. ✌

• Maybe if your boyfriend or girlfriend was on here you wouldn't want them to see a question, or if your embarrassed by it... there is many reasons

• I hate anonymous. 😡😡😡

• Why not?

• You don't want people to know your identity

• I never do it anymore

• sometimes i do and sometimes i don't. sometimes i just feel like it i guess

• I guess posting anonymously is a self conscious thing

• Because i like it that way. I feel most comfortable. I don''t want people on here to get to know me too much. I just want to keep myself and my profile as anonymous and lowkey as possible. I also like to troll a lot and when i leav hurtful opinions especially on those "how do i look " questions i go anon too.

• Why I post anonymously most of the time:
    - I don't want to be noticed by people here anymore. I am not interested in being a well-known part of the community. That does not interest me at all.
    That may change. But right now, that is how I feel.
    -It makes me feel more secure. Privacy reasons.
    -My opinions change. I am not the same person I was last year. I'd like to avoid people confronting me like "last month you I noticed that you said the opposite thing". I don't have the energy to explain.
    -I don't want my opinions to be attached to a name and/or an online persona. I mean why? What's the benefit of that?
    And a couple of other reasons I have already mentioned in some other questions.

If the anonymous feature was abolished, I'd probably still use the forum but way less than I do.

• For me it's to be tottally straight forward honesty

What Guys Said 17

• Some people don't want to look stupid. 'Course we all know they're stupid anyway.

• I've never gone anonymously but I can see why people would, because they don't want to deal with people opposed to their opinions or they are embarrassing or something along those lines.

• i really don't get the point. people usually do it to troll, but i think if you wanna troll, at least grow a pair

• People sometimes don't want to be tied back to embarrassing questions, but too often its people who just want to be trolling assholes without revealing their user names.

• I post it if it's something I'm uncomfortable with people knowing it's me or if I know it's a very unpopular opinion

• Sometimes I just feel a bit grumpy and want to keep a low profile more so on my old account.

• Becasue sometimes you answer in a way which may not be the answer wants to read, like when i go "how do i look" or "rate my looks" questions, i usually answer anonymously as to NOT hurt the asker in case i do'nt think she looks that good.
    Sometimes i ask anonymously as to not offend anyone with my question like when i am asking a "sexual" question.

• People are cowards and are afraid of the negative backlash they might get if someone disagrees. I'm no coward, so I never post anonymously. Ever. All my questions and answers are clearly and openly from me. Too many pussies in this website hiding behind a mask.

• if someone is embarrassed then he/she asks anonymously, by the way i think i never asked anonymously anything.

• For me it would be if I've developed some close friends on here & I may not want em to see what I'm asking or replying to... it may be about them if u know what I mean, OR, just don't want anyone recognising me.

• It shows lack of personality, unless is something really private about them.

• Cause im shy

• For the stupid fear of the one in a million chance that the person your talking about is on here too and somehow figures out it was you who wrote about her on the Internet.

• because i want to

• I always post anonymously even in questions about favorite color... favorite food... and such...

Also I don't want anyone to annoy me in messages and such shit... not to mention I can avoid being blocked...

• Because I can.
    Hate attention from people other than well known people.
    Not here to socialise.

• Sometimes I forget to check anonymous radio button. Damn I miss that option to change it after answering.
      Also, I don't go anonymous on questions of people I know.

• Also by well known I meant the people I know very well.

• I don't want a following. i don't come here to socialize, I'm just interested in the questions and answers. i want people to react to what I say not some impression they have of what i am like.