Should normal users be able to see their report/hide ratio?

The report/hide ratio is something that the administration uses to determine which users are eligible to become moderators. Basically, if you report a question and it is eventually hidden and removed, you have a positive ratio.

Should users be able to see this so they know how well they recognize what content is and is not acceptable for the site?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don't see the purpose because I never report anything/ don't want to moderate

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, that would actually be a good idea.

Most Helpful Girl

• I want this for mods let alone other people. I used to follow questions to make sure they got taken down but we don't have that anymore...

Some people really do make a habit of reporting things that don't break the rules though. Like there's a difference between someone saying "you're wrong" and "you're wrong because you're dumber than a cardboard box".

• True. That's why the report success ratio should be available. If you report tons of stuff but it doesn't get removed, maybe your idea of what is questionable content is wrong. Although that would require more introspection than most people are willing to do.

• Lmfao I see that for some people but also certain... site policies. Like yes, calling someone a dyke is offensive, GaG.

What Guys Said 4

• I think it would be a good idea. There is not enough feedback to anyone about report or hide.

• As a mod, I'd like to see that.

• Yes that would be cool.

• I don't think its super necessary tbh. Are you trying to be a moderator? If so, i could probably help.

What Girls Said 5

• Thanks for your feedback! This is something we have thought about for mods (of course, anyone is free to contact me if they want to know about their report/hide ratio and discuss it). We will take this into consideration. :)

• Yes, I'd love that. I'd like to see if I'm reporting well/it's up to par. I typically don't go back and check if it's been removed for good.

• I think that that'd be interesting :)

• I'd be curious to see that.

• Agree, they should put something that lets you know your report success rate.