Who else is disturbed by catfishes on GirlsaskGuys?

I found those images online of a "famous" gag person. I won't mention her username because it will become a members post. Here are the pictures.

#catfishpolice

Why are some of you so stupid? Since when do we defend catfishes?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is so ridiculously stupid. I all ready knew that picture wasn't of her. It was obvious and anyone who thought it was her is extremely foolish. Calling her out for having a picture that isn't her is a waste of time and a total turdbucket move.
    She deactivated her account now. Congratulations. She probably was thinking about leaving anyway and this post just made her realize how stupid people really can be to think that her picture was actually her.
    Gosh, what the hell is wrong with people these days. Use your brain people, it's there for a reason.

Most Helpful Guy

• My feelings on this is that it doesn't matter if someone puts up a false pic of themselves unless they are playing someone like maybe engaging in flirting with someone or make the other think romantically about them, that is the classic "Catfish" scenario plus there are moral boundaries about posing as a kid or a teen to talk to other kids and teens.
    That said the profile you talk about always seemed straight down the line to me, no messing and someone else said she had said photo wasn't her. Even if someone puts up a falsie I don't really mind unless they start seriously playing somebody, they might get some of the young guys feverishly excited about their career as a porn star (Just a figment of my imagination not a profile I know) but I think deep down even the young guys will know she is a catfish.

What Girls Said 25

• You keep saying that she's a moderator, what does that have to do with anything? There are plenty of moderators with pictures that aren't of themselves. Plenty of users in general. So what. This isn't a dating website. And I don't remember her actually saying that that was her. Not like she asked a rate me question using the picture. You're 45 or older dude. I'm gonna need for you to grow up a little.

• Yes she claimed that its her. she's the one pretending to be someone else and I am the bad guy? Go check yourself.

• lol asker must be living a very difficult life -_-

• I'm pretty sure we all suspected or knew it wasn't her to be honest. You just really need to be careful of who you talk to online and get close to. That's the simple truth here.

• ... I'm more disturbed by the fact that you were under the impression that that user intended people to actually think that's her.
    wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/.../catfish.gif

• She said that its her in the picture. Stop defending delusional people.

• woah. Easy there, catfish-hunter. No need to get your panties in a twist. 👌

• Wasn't it obvious that it's not her? XD I've never seen her as a "catfish" but I never assumed that it's her lol. I thought it's some kind of actor or something cause the photo looks "professional" YET is blurry

• Holy fuck, who gives a shit? Who does it hurt? What the fuck do you do with your time that you feel the need to verify every user is the real user?

• I have known about her for a long time... for one she hasn't changed her profile pic ever since a joined GaG and I have been here for quite some time.. it's going to be a year soon.. she's not the only one.. there are many many more and they take compliments for their looks and say thanks and all that.. it's funny and sad at the same time..
    who knows I might be a catfish as well.. haha.. ;P

• hm I don't think it is her. But anyway she had a nice soul. (: I don't see the point in catfishing at all though. The internet is the only place I can be myself. So faking is just not my thing! I am what I am!

• Welcome to GaG.

In fact, welcome to the internet. Shit happens. Deal with it. Unless they're directly harming you, then what's the point? You must be SUPER bored to get bothered by catfishes.

• I don't remember seeing her, I probably have, I just can't remember the account. Either way, it's pretty obvious it's not her.

• Who cares? lol

• OMG who the hell cares?

• It doesn't bother me anymore then the anon guy asking for personal info. Just ignore it. Are you really an anon blue guy? LOL hahahha

• I saw this gager! Damn I already felt she's fake from the first sight. I can tell who is fake & who is not.

• + I don't care if they are fake or not. I use this site to ask questions & get answers.

• She is a moderator. This is what bothers me the most.

• To be fair, she never said it was actually her and it was quite obvious that it wasn't

• Oh dear. She's quite a popular user. I even complimented her today.
    A while ago I suspected that's not her in the pic but when I saw how friendly everyone is with her and stuff I figured that she must be real. I should've checked.

• Happens every day bro. There are probably thousands on every Interwebz site you can think of where males and females interact.

Sadly, there's no specific rule against it. It just is what it is.

• Not for nuttin'... you could be right, maybe she's a catfish... but a couple of things some to mind off me.

1. I have done some modeling for a bridal magazine, so that could actually be her. As it's a flattering picture and she likes it.

2. She could be using someone else's pic. I agree that is he/she is, that is bogus. But it has nothing to do with being a moderator or not. There are (literally) tons of catfish here.

• come to mind for me*

phuck. LOL.

• congrats @Asker. You ran her off. LOL.

• It does make you feel kinda stupid when you were nice to someone who was lying but it's not like this is a dating site. Well I mean except for me and @iFarted tho I understand that with a face like his he is most likely a catfish

• It doesn't mean she is a catfish per sey. I mean it doesn't mean she's a guy or anything. Lots of reasons to prefer to use a pic of someone else.

• I'm surprised by everyone defending the catfish. It's not ok to lie in real life so why on the Internet?

• The fact that she's (was, as I'm not sure if her account was deactivated or not because of this) a mod doesn't mean anything. Lots of people who use this site who aren't who they say they are. It's the Internet, it's going to happen.

• Catfishes are everywhere. Nev Schulman knows this. But I just think "oh there goes another one, whatever." xD

• Well I mean. This isn't a hook up site. It's disturbing but not anything that requires a second thought.

• A moderator. She is a moderator. This requires a second thought.

• Still doesn't really effect anything tbh. The hugest thing here is he/she using the pic of someone else as their own being.

• @Asker Thinking it through you do have a point though. I would be very upset if I found out someone ripped a picture of me and was speaking in my name.

• Haha YESSA #catfishpolice and found 2 people pretending to be someone else

• It gets annoying but whatever, always assumed she was one anyway.

• I don't try to start real life connections with people on GAG, nor solicit them sexually. So I don't care whose pic they use - I care more if they have interesting, humorous or thought provoking things to say.

• OMG !! I thought that was really the gag user in the pic!!! wow!! she has even taken compliments for her good looks too. and even thanked users for voting her as one of the most attractive females on gag. She never once admitted it wasn't her !! SHOCK HORROR "S. B "how fucking deceitful Keep digging mr. anon good work!!

• It's S. bond and she was so fake and lied a lot too. A lot of users have fake pics up but don't accept any compliments for their good looks. I told her how pretty she was in her profile and complimented on her hair.. She would say "oh gosh thank you , that's very kind of you. I get it from my mother " what a lying fucking b*tch

What Guys Said 32

• Reason #8,525,032 to not use the Internet for picking up chicks. It's a dice roll if they have a dick or not.

• It's not about dating. A fake person has managed to become a moderator. What does that say about the website?

• Apparently she deactivated after this question lmao. Maybe she actually was a catfish

• @Kris85 Hysterical😂😂😂 Never gets old for me, haha

• I just don't understand what's in it for them, like why spend the time? It's really scary how many deranged people there are out there! Because, catfishes are very common on Gag. It's really, really freaky actually.

• So I'm using the pic of Cilian Murphy from Peaky Blinders as my profile pic. Am I catfish? Lol. She might've pretended to be someone she was not, but that doesn't take away from the fact that she was still better than most users on here.
    And this is why I hate anons, if you've the guts to point fingers, don't be a fucking coward. Guess what? this is the internet, anyone can pose who they wanna be as they damn well please. And if that doesn't sit well with you, I'm sorry, go pop your cherry.

• People are not obligated to use images of themselves. I'm more interested in what people have to say tbh.

• The user claims that she is the one in the pic. Yes you're not obligated to use your own picture but you shouldn't lie about it.

• No you shouldn't lie, but it doesn't detract from what they have to say if they are commenting on something that doesn't involve them. You just need take what they say about themselves with a massive pinch of salt, and tbh most of the time it's fairly obvious.

• I know who this is about and It's obvious from the way they talk. They have given good advice and opinions on things so I just tend to focus on that.

• shit happens.

• I'm not disturbed because anyone can be anyone on the internet and I'm not looking for a relationship or get laid so they can be who they want to be. It's sad though.

• Ok, why are you having a doubt if she is real or not? I mean are you both interacting with one another?

• But why? You can put up anything in your DP, unless she was actively claiming that she is the girl in the pic, there is absolutely no problem.
    Also perhaps, you can 99% make out if they are the person in the pic or not from the background. Only models in photoshoots have a super empty room and completely white background.

• who was this again? i forget. Anyways, this is kind of typical for this place. Her being a moderator doesn't really mean anything either. As long as she did her job, that's what's important. I don't really get why they would feel the need to catfish though. It's not like the compliments they got would ever be for them really

• I've seen "her" before and I can't say that I'm surprised that she's a catty. However, they don't really bug me because I'm not here to date anyone. It's the trolls that I can't stand.

• Since I'm dogbert, am I a dogfish? I notice the lady has de-activated her account! :-o

• I'm not disturbed. It's so common, I just assume everyone is potentially lying about their sex, age, or photo. people here are Internet personas as far as I'm concerned, I don't assume I know the people behind them.

• So does that make me a catfish too since I don't have a real pic of myself?

• Well I am like, whatever man

• It's not like I'm telling them my bank details.

• Really I do not care about the catfish people. Only here for having fun and I have better ways to spend my life than chasing catfishes.

• I liked "her". Anyway, she is probably still on here under another ID. Perhpaps even paid by girlsaskguys to keep the site going as it isn't very active.

• you savage, bruh! make a moderator straight up lamarcus aldridge this shit!

• LMAO!

• @Star_Lord was also a catfish, he used the profile picture of a guy from a band

• I don't care. I don't want to date people on here anyway.

• It's not about dating. Everything this person has ever said is fake.

• Not necessarily. For example you get better and faster answers if you have an attractive girl avatar. That's why some just use a fake pic.

• As long as she has a real pussy and is not extremely hideous, Then I'm still DTF! :)

• Phew* thank goodness no one has blown my cover yet... 😅

• I was waiting for the next great GaG catfish.

Who here still remebers turns SandPlanet fiasco?

• I have seen her here a lot... but she gave genuine comments...

• Same old Same one if you been on one social site you have been on all...

• I must be one of the few that just does not care.

• oh wow, i had no idea she was a catfish lol. dam

• More from Guys
    2