Hey , you gagers , are the users with their own pic up narcissistic?

I mean, why do you put you own photo up on here. Is it because you are narcissistic? I imagine you all having pix of yourselves all arond your home. True or false?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, not at all. As time goes on in a small community like GaG, it's nice to put a face to a username, helps interact and build certain relationships with users.

I don't even have a single picture of myself hanging around my house or room.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 27

• 🙂 cause I'm fucking hot💁🏻

• No, it's nice to put a face on a comment, makes it feel like you're interacting with someONE. Opinions where someone has an obviously real pic carry more weight than anons to me. One step further are those voice questions, it's even more fun putting a voice to a person.

• No its not narcissism. A lot of people have never been able to see something genuinely beautiful in their lives, especially considering all the fucked up shit happening in the world today. So i figured I'd put a pic up of me in order to give people that experience. So in short the reason i put my pic up is not for me, but for you

• For me its a big achievement cuz Im quite insecure on how the way how I look. Before I knew this site I only showed pictures to my family so this helped me a lot :)

• it just is what it is lol. its also a form of identification and representation of their profile.

• I don't know... why not? be nice to know what who you are talking/arguing with looks like.

• In tech and computing, an "avatar" is a graphical representation of a user: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(computing)

I think it's fair to say that photographs are the best possible representation of someone in a two-dimensional digital graphical user interface like this.

I get why some people don't want to expose themselves, but the ones that do have a profile picture here are not necessarily narcissistic. ;)

• No, no photos of myself all over my house. I like this particular photo, and I do not see a need to hide behind an image. Besides when I tell people online that I study and practice sword play many do not believe me, so a photo of me with a sword in my hand (by the way that particular sword is an original civil war officers weapon and I have others)

• I think most of us just to it for identification purposes not any kind of self promotion - Be honest if it was self promotion would I put up a bald middle aged man.

• Just to show i am real

• Not really, I mean now if they posted a picture of themselves like everywhere and in everything then yeah but for their avatar? no.

• Probably. You have have to be a bit narcissistic to be standing around looking in a mirror and then say, man I really need to take a picture of myself... Hold on let me take 100. :D I don't mind pictures being taken of me, and I take them on occasion if someone asks me, but if no one asks me I don't even think about it.

• It's possible some are but I don't think the majority are. I know I never even thought of it that way until you mentioned it.

• Not at all, it's just expressing who we are, it's nice to know who you're talking with too.

• because i feel good about my looks and that doesn't make a narcissistic, and i dont have a single picture of myself in my home.

• Would it make you feel better if I said I was a narcissist?

• What? Who you calling a narcissist?

*flexes muscles while looking in the mirror*

• Yeah so fucking true!
    I have to put it.. I'm cute&hot 😛
    And why are u anon? Are u afraid to show us who are u?
    Calm ur tits, its not ur business

• bit of a long bow to make

• Many are, but it would not be fair to say that most are.

• Only if it's narcissistic to stare at your sexy self in the mirror constantly...

• Naaaaaa... Some people feel comfortable enough to share their face here and there is nothing wrong with that. Those who don't, mostly do for privacy reasons and not because they are not narcissistic.

• Nah I am jacked as hell

• NOOOOOOOOOOO

• No nothing wrong with showing your picture I'd love to see yours...

• i have my picture on every corner of the house, my name tattooed on my arms, women call me master and so will you

What Girls Said 27

• Those users are no more narcissistic than the average anon is bitchy.

• nar·cis·sism (när′sĭ-sĭz′əm)
    n.
    1. Excessive preoccupation with or admiration of oneself. See Synonyms at conceit.
    2. A personality disorder characterized by self-preoccupation, need for admiration, lack of empathy, and unconscious deficits in self-esteem.
    3. Erotic pleasure derived from contemplation or admiration of one's own body or self, especially as a fixation on or a regression to an infantile stage of development.

Please do explain simply having a picture of oneself up to give a face to a name on a q&a site leads to your concluding that these people possess extremely high levels of self-esteem?

• Yes. I decorate my home in large, lavish paintings of my nudes. I plaster selfies all over my refrigerator. I give my guests parting gifts of head shots I take bi-monthly.

My bills? Paid via signed portraits of my beautifully sculpted face.

• oh yeah, i just sent this pic over to VS for validation. hopefully they get back to me.

• Oh yeah all people who take selfies are drowning in self-absorption. Can't you see it dripping out my nostrils yet? Lmao yup, it's true, we're all disgusting egocentric human beings for showing others how we look on here.

• No, I actually have no self-esteem.
    I just do it cause I like the pic I'm using.
    I'm sure I'll change it to something else when I get bored of this pic.

• Because I'm nice to look at. Sorry you don't like yourself. xx

• nope, i'm basically a narcissist and i have rihanna as my pic. so there goes your theory.

• so you are a catfish

• *omfg give me an edit button

** cats can't dive down there

• @Cosytoasty i forgot 'catfish' fish actually existed, right answer but wrong method haha :D

• No. I just think it makes an opinion more personal. I tend to take the opinions from people who have real pictures up more serious as well and I think a lot of people agree. You can see what kind of person said something like that. It gives your opinion credibility.
    About the pictures of myself at home, I just got a new profile picture. I made this one yesterday for my curriculum vitea but couldn't use this picture because I look naked when the picture is cropped lol. So I used it for gag.

• I don't think that it's narcissistic, no.

• It's to make your profile more personal. It's nice to put a face to a name as well.

• It seems that you pay to much on attention on that, don't let it bother you.

• I don't think it's narcissistic, when u have a profile it's normal to put a face to the name or whatever. And no the only pictures of me in my home are baby pictures and that is because i live with my parents. Though, if i wanted to have pictures of me or my friends that would be okay too.

• I don't have a single framed pic in my home. I also don't use social media anymore. I put my pic up so people can put a face to the comments. How is that narcissistic?

• I have a picture of myself up because I want to have a picture of myself up. The end.

• They want their fifteen minute fame or more people to message them for sexting.

• some are ugly though, Who want want them

• They aren't ugly but this place is full of thrill seekers and left overs who are lonely.

• yea I am.
    and I have a painting of my face right above my bed.
    why do you care?

• Because I look good

• Not all the time

• this Q made me laugh. No it's not narcissistic. It's nice to know who one is speaking to.

• Oh yeah, I have pictures of myself in the walls, desk... I'm everywhere!
    Seriously? -.-

• false I don't have any picture's of myself around my house

• Its not narcissistic. Its just a picture.

• I don't think they are narcissistic.

• I don't think so!! I just have pics with my friends hanging on the wall nothing more.

• She's talking about having yourself as your display picture on this website.

• @9mfeo Yes I understood that. I wrote the second sentence just to acknowledge that those who put their profile pictures here dont cover their walls with their own picture. long sentence :D

• Naw I don't think so.