Who else is annoyed with the 'closed questions' thing they added on Gag?

Please do not tell me i'm the only one whose getting so freakin annoyed from it.

Almost every question i see is most likely closed and i can't post in there, many times i had something really really important to say to people and help them but i couldn't add because of the CLOSED QUESTION.

Who else is getting annoyed from that? Wouldn't you want GAG to remove the the whole feature of 'closing questions'?

I invite everyone who agrees to like my question, i dunno... maybe it will get more and Gag will be able to see it or something!

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really like the closed questions. When I first joined this site i could answer as many questions as I wanted without having to deal with closed questions. I could answer some from up to 5 weeks ago. And now after 2 days they close questions. I think its a very stupid feature but complaining probably won't make a difference.

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate it! Questions should not close when:

1. The asker chooses MHA.

OR

2. have a time limit on them.

AND

3. You should not be forced to close a question to ask another one either.

They should only close when:

1. The asker decides they are done with that question and close it manually because they don't want anymore opinons on it.

OR

2. The asker closes their GAG account as that stops people wasting their time posting a comment on a question that will never get seen by the asker.

Any other time questions should stay open forever.

What Girls Said 18

• i hate it indeed!

• I don't think I've encountered the closed questions. How does that work?

• Hate it. Been hating it since they instead introduced it. I don't like the idea of being "too late" to answer a question. It's annoying especially when I see them in my feed.

• They shouldn't be adding a deadline for closing questions, that should be an OPTION for us to choose to do that instead.

• Yup. Hated it when it happened. Still hate it.

Other updates I get used to, but this, this remains perpetually annoying.

• Moi... :/

• It really doesn't bug me all that much, it used to at first but I'm okay with it now. I think it helps with getting more answers on questions and means that instead of answering old questions (I've had people put answers on questions I asked forever ago) the new questions get answered. And I dont know if its still a thing but I liked the question closing when MHO was selected because it kept people from jumping the gun on picking the MHO. My thing is it's not going anywhere anytime soon so why not embrace the good things about it instead of complaining about why you don't like it.

• I hate it as well. I've seen questions so which I've wanted to answer but I can't.

• I find it annoying and inconvenient they should let you choose if you want to close a question or not. That would make a lot more sense to me.

• Yeah, I'm not a fan of them. I don't necessarily mind that questions close. I just wish they gave users more time to answer them. 48 hours isn't much time at all.

• Yes I am very annoyed with it

• Evertime a question gets a reply, the clock restarts at 48 hours.

So if it's a good/popular question, it will remain open for a least a few days

• Old news bro.

• I have the same feeling about it , why post something if you do not want feed back , really?

• I think it can stay but it shouldn't happen soon fast. Give it a week maybe instead of two days

• I love the closed question feature

• It would have been easier to ask who liked that dumb update.

• It's stupid, but what can you do?

What Guys Said 13

• It is a really stupid feature. I don't know what they were thinking.

• This was the most idiotic decision ever.

• Yep totally agree! we should all like complain and make takes/questions about it so gag can finally see it and remove it xD

• I dont like it at all

• I was gonna ask questions about this update but I bet y'all beat it down to death so lets throw some fresh salt on it lol I don't get a lot of these changes and there's STILL no follow feature. It'll be me and the tabs again

• Yo man go ahead ask the question again in a couple days. Let Gag know there is something seirously stupid with their decision to close questions.

• I don't like the question closing thing. I agree with you on this.

• I fucking hate it

• yes yes !! rage more! let them hear you baby ! Even feel free to make another question about it right after mine closes so it stays up there xD!

• Yeah, I'm pretty dang annoyed too.

• Me, That is annoying

• Same OMG I CANNOT WITH THIS. IT'S IRRITATING. This is exactly why I stopped using Yahoo! Answers.

• MEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT SUCKS

• @xhoneyxbeex can't say I am a fan of the 48 hour rule.

• It's actually 72 hours now. Plus, it's not 72 hours of being posted, it's 72 hours of INACTIVITY. Meaning, the post will only be closed if the Asker chooses to close it -or- after 72 hours of no more new opinions, replies, or poll votes.

• Yeah, It's forcing other questions to get more answers.

• I'm just hungry.