I asked a 16 year old for her picture before I noticed she was under 18. Should GAG make it more obvious when a poster is under 18?

I feel that since there is a wide range of posters on GAG, it's important that adults not respond innappropriately to children. In this instance, The poster was saying "should women" and I saw the word women and just automatically assumed she was over 18. When she responded, THEN I noticed she was only 16. While I did NOT ask her for nude pictures (I specifically said "decent" pictures) I was still embarrassed. I know I'm not the only adult that has accidentally responded to a child here. I think a color code would be great. (Maybe a "green" mark or something?)

• No, it doesn't make any difference. The kids are here, let them deal with whatever answers they get.
  • No. It's obvious how old they are if you just LOOK!
  • Yes, it would be nice if the poster's age was more prominent.
  • I just want to see the results.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude, the 13-17 year-olds keep their real ages on here BECAUSE there's no scarlet letter of side-eye marring all of their profiles.

If yr "solution" were implemented, I'm sure we would suddenly see a massive drop in the number of 13-17 year-old users, and a curiously suspicious spike in the number of 18-, 19-, and 20-year-old users.

In any case... yeah, this is just the internet equivalent of watching out for pickpockets whenever cute kids approach you in South America. You just... watch out, because common sense, and all.
    If you are asking for pictures, then, triple-check.

Lastly -- I'm not trying to roast you here, but, I'm just trying to understand the situation:
    I'm trying to invent a HDIL-type question that would actually be reasonable from both a 16- AND a 46-year-old. And... nope. Not coming up with one.
    So, now I'm super curious what the question was!

• How can a woman tell how attractive she is?
      I feel like attractive women are all kind of grouped together, but the difference between say an 8 or a 10 is significant.
      For a woman who are clearly attractive, how does she know where she stands on the attractiveness scale? Like how do you act around/treat a 6 in comparison to a 7 and so on?

Intraluminal
      I think the best way, which avoids the whole courtesy problem is to post on one of those rate me sites, not once, but several times using different pictures.

Asker
      I've considered it, but I'd die if anyone I know saw me haha. Plus trolls.

Opinion Owner
      Put a black bar on your face, or you can pm me with decent pictures

Asker
      Thanks

Opinion Owner
      Whoops! Didn't see that you were 16! Sorry!

Asker
      Pfft lol

Opinion Owner
      Embarrassed as hell. Sorry again!

• Tx for the MH luv. <3

I mean, ok, not as blatantly obvious as I was afraid.

The way she writes ("I'd die if anyone I know saw me haha") would've made me suspicious.
      More than anything else, I'd have suspected she was younger from her talking about "6's", "7's", etc. as though those were monolithic entities. (I can't imagine a woman making it to my age without realizing that one man's 10 is another man's 6... not to mention that those numbers are ±1 or 2 even within each individual man's judgment, depending on the day, the mood, what she's wearing, what's happened to him that day, and, shit, even which way the wind is blowing.)

Extra lol's for thinking you could judge a picture of someone with a black bar over her eyes. (:

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 17

• People's ages are pretty clearly listed and I know I've gotten after you for going after kids accidentally so you know it's there. You just need to train yourself to look.

• It's pretty obvious how old they are. It's right next to the username so I wouldn't say that it needed to be made more prominent, just take more care when messaging someone.

• I'm not the first or only person to make this error. I just think better marking would help.

• Ages are pretty clearly listed next to someone's username. I don't see the need to add another mark to those under 18 years of age.

• My question would be why you're asking for pictures anyway?

• This site is full of minors, it's so rare to see someone your age on this site so knowing you already have a huge age gap you should be more watchful of the age next to the username. They don't need warning signs flashing on minors posts, if you're embaraased from looking like an old pervert prowling on an underage girl that should be a good enough reminder from now on to glance over at the age before replying to a post.

• I don't know I think most of the time you can clearly see when some is under 18.

What kind of question did she asked that prompted you to ask her for pictures?

It's the internet you're probably not the first guy that asked for pictures. Or catcalled her in real life, or said something dirty about it. I'm not trying to encourage men in their 40s to come on to teenage girls, but that's just how it is

• It's pretty obvious you're just trying to play it off. The age is displayed CLEARLY next to the username, and it always shows if they're under 18. You're just being creepy.

• If I was just trying to be creepy, why did I raise this question? Why didn't I just forget about it? Why didn't I post this question anon? I was and am not trying to be creepy. I made an off the cuff joking response.

• Actually, you can begin to understand what people mean based off that short amount of words. People try to make their motivations more diverse than they really are. If you know enough about people, you can easily guess their motivations for doing things, and be pretty accurate. A degree doesn't matter. All that matters is the experience. A degree is just certification of experience. Just because you don't have a degree doesn't mean you don't have the experience. All it takes to know people, which is essentially what a psychology degree is, is the motivation to observe intelligence to interpret one's observations, and a fair amount of research. From how you're acting, it's clear that you got caught doing something that you didn't want to get caught doing, that you don't want people to know that you're creeping on young girls, because it's a social taboo. So, once you got caught, you tried to make a big show of it being an accident. THAT'S why you didn't post anonymously.

• You wanted everybody to know it was a "accident" and posting anonymously would be counter productive towards that goal. It's a common tactic used by people when they are caught doing something they shouldn't be doing. They wish to make themselves look innocent so they make big shows of peforming actions that explain why they "seemed" to be doing something they shouldn't have been, such as pretending to be looking for something when caught stealing, pretending to have just simply misspoke when caught in a lie... pretending to have no clue how old a girl you were coming onto was. Anybody with eyes to observe and a little knowledge of basic human nature can see what you're doing.

• Their age is right next to their username. I'm not really sure how much more obvious that can be made aside from making the text black instead of grey. Besides, there's lots of Under 18's who sign up here with fake ages saying that they're over 18. I think it's best to just not ask anyone for their picture because you don't know how old they really are. Asking for pictures over the Internet is very personal. You don't want to end up on Dateline or something.

• How do you get more obvious than (under 18) if they're anonymous or their ACTUAL FLIPPIN AGE next to their username?

• The age is usually clearly listed right next to the username. I don't think it would be a wise to "highlight" it any more then that. Now that i've said that.. you made a mistake and you didn't take it further then that when you realized she was underage. I guess the lesson here is too just be more aware to who's Q you're answering!

take care!

• Just follow them!

• You shouldn't be asking for anyone's pictures no matter what age they are you creep. And under18 users clearly have their age next to their username. If you ever bothered to look before you started fapping at random chick's photo's then you'd know this. >;I

• yes should be more obvious for a minors age

• Just pay more attention to ages

• The age is right beside the user name it couldn't be more obvious. Even the anon users age is there.

• when you go to their profile the age is displayed. I don't get how you could miss that?

• I mean I get how you may have slipped up, everyone makes mistakes. But the only thing I would advise is to just be more careful of your surroundings. If they make the minors more prominent than other users, they're just gonna lie about their age and you're gonna talk to someone you think is an adult but is actually a kid. I don't think you want that, right?

• Correct, which just makes the lack of age verification more problematic. I mean some of the kids are asking *really* adult questions. I can relate because I got started early, but it's not what I want for my kid now that I have one.

• But there's no way to verify, they'll just lie about it.

What Guys Said 5

• Even if she was 18 you shouldn't be asking her for pictures. You're almost 50

• I was just going to say the same thing.

• It wasn't that I thought she was 18, it's thqt I thought she was a "woman" since thats how she described herself. Look I could have ignored my error OR gone anon. I'm using my real username to bring up a problem as I see it. You don't have to get holier than thou on me, its not helpful to anyone.

• This isn't a site for that. So... fuck off.

• Sometimes I answer questions without noticing how old the asker is. Sometimes I answer questions and don't even notice the gender. But asking for a picture is getting personal. How the heck do you ask for a picture, or even want one, of somebody you don't even know their age?

To ask for a picture like that means you are being very indiscriminant. At 48 you already know that the vast majority of women / girls here are way younger than you. You can't accidentally do it because you already know they are very young. You're 48 years old and on a site that's full of young girls, and asking random girls for their picture. Come on, get your act together.

• Not gonna lie. I don't message anyone on here; but, on some questions, I've responded a bit adult-ish to questions minors ask; then I see that they're minors, and I'm like "Hmmm. Oops. Oh well." The first thing I usually do is check the age group, but sometimes you're just interested in the topic. Particularly when I'm shotgunning topics. I've thought, it would be nice if there was a sort of divider: a minor's gag and an adult GAG. Or, at minimum, if you could make some posts "Adult only", or if minors could make some posts "minors only".

Of course. If you're going to be asking for pictures and shit, you'd think it'd be a no-brainier to double check the age.

• Not that prominent and I think your write I was on Experience Project (EP) for 6 years and the last 2 they let the kid run wild on there but tried to make it non adult posts.. But it did not work and they are shutting down the site...