How do you deactivate your account and can you reactivate it later?

That's the question.

Most Helpful Girl

• "If you would like to cancel your account, simply sign into GirlsAskGuys and click Settings from your account drop down menu (top right).
    Under Cancel your account, select a reason from the drop down menu and add details to tell us why you cancel.
    Then click Cancel Account.
    Your account will then be cancelled but your posts will remain visible.

If you would like to keep your account but stop receiving emails, please uncheck boxes under Email Settings and you will no longer receive emails for daily or weekly updates."

Most Helpful Guy

• When you go to your profile, you should see a field called " My settings" , when you go there, at the bottom of the page you should see something called " Cancel account", when you click on that, I suppose you will be de-activating your account.

No, I don't think your account can be reactivated and you will lose all those Xper points also. The only thing you can do is to create a new account again.

What Girls Said 9

• I deactivated and totally regretted it. I now just go inactive if i need a break from G@G. Just go inactive , and then when you are ready to come back just log in again

• I think that's the best idea. I was gonna cancel it but I think ill regret it.

• Yeah probably would do that.

• You cancel your account by going to your profile settings and if you scroll all the way down, you'll see the option to cancel. Your account cannot be reactivated if you do that though. Are you leaving?

• I was thinking about it but I don't wanna lose my progress if I wanna come back.

• Ok. Thanks honeybee, you're always the bestest!

• Of course! :)

• You can't reactivate your account. You would have to create a new one. You go to settings to deactivate your account. You will see at the very bottom of the page, in pink, "Cancel Your Account". Click on it and the process will begin.

• I am deactivate as well!

• Once you cancel, that's it. There's no going back. I've just taken long hiatus periods from the site instead of cancelling.

• Are you going anywhere dude? You can't reactivate if you deactivate. It's going to be gone forever and you're going to have to sign in again and start all over!

• To deactivate go to the settings page scroll to the bottom click on cancel account. If you do that it's gone for good. There is no reactivating it.

• Better idea to remove profile pic & bio & make it Private. Write in ur status mood "deactivated account" let them know so you can comeback who knows you might need it for any reason later

• You gonna leave me? 😒

What Guys Said 6

• I would just set your account to "factory" settings.
    -Remove profile pic
    -If you want remove bio
    -Set to private

and wait until you're ready again. Much easier than deactivating and starting all over.

• LOL, I was just looking up the exact same thing because I'm in the process of leaving too. I'm either going to just deactivate the account or switch all my opinions to anonymous where I can.

• Yeah, I want to leave but I don't wanna have to start over if I wanna come back so I don't know.

• I hear you there. See what makes you comfortable.

• Aww dude, where you going?

• Sounds like I can't deactivate/reactivate and I don't wanna start over. That sucks.

• Thats like
    trying to rip a piece of paper,
    but after you rip it, wanting it to be fixed

• Sorry bro but once it's gone... it's gone forever...

• Yes.