Do you thank people for giving you MHO?

I don't see the point. You did them a service by answering the question. Even if you gain from getting MHO, it's only because that means that you provided a helpful opinion. If anything, it just evens out.

• I thank people for giving me MHO
  • I do not thank people for giving me MHO
  • I sometimes thank people for giving me MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a habit of mine. I do believe it's not necessary but I catch myself excessively apologizing and excessively giving thanks to things like this. And odly enough, I find myself doing it less with people I am more comfortable around. I thank them for mho because it makes me happy that they appreciated my response. And if they are making me happy- I give them thanks.

• Haha thank youuu

Most Helpful Guy

• Thanking someone because you helped them.

What Girls Said 16

• I keep meaning to start thanking people but I forget :(

• I will more than likely than a person for MHO unless it was by default or it was kind of a silly question that didn't really matter.

• I usually do! I like to thank people. I guess it's just how I am :P

• Yes, I thank them because it feels right to me. The only time I don't that is when the MHO was selected by the system.

• Yes I do ^^* but I don't thank for those 30 day ones

• Always.

• I don't know I get the notification and I just say thanks, not much thought is put into it.

• Yes, everytime. They chose my MHO because they view it as beneficial to them, so it's an automatic response for me to be courteous and say thank you. I view it as rude not to. I see it as internet etiquette lol

• Yes unless it was automatic

• Most times I do. That is unless they are over 30 days then it's an auto select.

• I don't.

• sometimes I do but I'm trying to thank all who do

• Yes I do every time and I take it as a complement when my advise is selected as most helpful.

• I used to, now I'm very lazy

• Yes i do.. But if it's after 30 days.. then nah, cuz usually it's the system that chooses. Then there is no point.

• You can thank the GAG workers lol

• @Iron_Man Are you serious!! damn no wonder why. I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me that. Hhahah i try too. I just need to work on it a little more :P

• If a user gives you MH you get the points and a rise in MH percentage but when it hits 30 days and gag gives it out you get nothing for it.

• Whenever I feel like it. I used to do it all the time but I stopped.

• It just depends.

What Guys Said 18

• At 30 days, it is probably picked by the software. So the owner did not put any effort in and you get no points. So no thanks.
    At less that 30 days, the owner has looked over the opinions and has selected the one (or two) to award MHO to. And points are given for that. So if I receive MHO before 30 days, I will thank the Asker for the effort of consideration and picking me, which gives me points.

• 1128 MHO
    1128 thank you replies

It's so automatic that my phone has learned to suggest the words in order:

"Thank you for the MHO."

Five words plus the period = six taps of the thumb (plus one tap to make the reply and one more tap to submit it).

• Yes, I do thank people if they give me a MHO. I make it a point to do that.

• I usually give them a thank you because it is a nice and polite tradition that got started on GAG and I would like to see it continue.

• I usually don't. I feel like I'm bugging the asker by doing so. Besides, the work "thanks" doesn't carry the same weight like it used to because it's so often used.

• Yes, always, it's a polite thing to do.

• Always of course as soon as I get them when I am on here

• You will have to give me MHO in order to find out. ^o^

• Yes, I do. Good pr lol.

• Yes I say thank you

• No, am I supposed to? LOL.

• Clearly, the consensus seems to be that it's the "respectful" thing to do. But I'm not going to. Waste of time for both parties, in my opinion.

• Yeah, it is. Especially because I don't click these notifications, I just mark them as read.

• I thank every time

• Yesh because I have table manners lol

• Yes, because the world is full of ungrateful assholes, and we don't need more.

• no... lol. i don't see how it does.

• Always... although I'm not da politest person here... I have some basic respect towards someone dat gave me Most Helpful...

• Sometimes. Thanking for MHO feels awkward TBH. Especially on those random, opinion or not-advice kinda questions.
    If I gave an advice on a question and I got MHO then I'd say "I'm glad I could be helpful." But thanking for MHO feels really awkward. I have done that by the way.

• No, fuck those people.