Where is my MyTake?

Simple question. I wrote a MyTake. I can not find it, anywhere, except by going through my profile, to my MyTakes.
I understand that there is gross preferential treatment when it comes to MyTakes, and that some people, no matter what they write, automatically have theirs featured to get maximum exposure, but when I go to the topic I posted my MyTake in, and scroll through ALL the available MyTakes, I see mine NO WHERE.

There is no option to choose to view newest? What is the point of every creating one if no one who is not following you will ever know it existed, and will ever read it?

Where is my MyTake?

My MyTake was not only featured, it was also promoted.
I appreciate that. I take that to mean they saw some value in what I wrote.

That said, I am still not a fan of a system that essentially keeps all MyTakes that have not been granted a "featured" spot hidden from all users. If we can see questions or order of when asked, MyTakes should be similarly visible, with featured and promoted ones standing out in some other way to garner extra attention.

Most Helpful Girl

• This site has some major malfunctions, just gotta live with it...

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a question best posed to GAG admin. I'm not sure of the MyTakes TBH. It may actually have to be approved before they allow them to actually post but don't hold me to that as it is just a guess

• I had considered that they might want to approve of them, until someone who followed me commented on mine, which tells me it is open to be seen... if you follow me.

I closed a question I had open (with 60 hours on, and more answers would have been great!) just to ask this, because, though I know I've managed to contact GaG before to ask about things, I simply could not find the method needed to do that again. Additionally, this question allows other people who may feel similarly to voice an opinion, and maybe get this addressed site wide, rather than just an answer being given to me.

• Not a problem bro. This would aggravate me too and knowing what's going on would at least make me feel a little better. Good luck with this problem

• Thanks dude. I hope it all worked out

What Girls Said 4

• I believe that if they're not featured or promoted, they're just not visible. You have to ask someone to comment to let it appear on the feed.

The world is not plotting against you lol So relax.

• I never said it was plotting against me lol.
      I simply thought that anyone could share a MyTake, with it being visible to everyone else, chronologically (as with questions). I did not realize that if it was not featured, it was essentially hidden from view except to followers who would be alerted to its existence.

As is, I was fortunate enough that it was both featured and promoted, which i really do appreciate. i just think that if someone writes a MyTake, it should be visible/findable for users, without clicking everyone's profile and checking their MyTakes tab (something you can't even do for many people, due to private profiles.)

• It's under admin review. It'll show up tomorrow or the day after.

• Click on the mytake tab under your profile to find it or message the admins

• It's because ur take is not featured or promoted

What Guys Said 2

• If your take doesn't get promoted it doesn't go on feed - Only way to find it is on your profile page after admin have read it. It might be on feed beforehand not sure.

• how is anyone ever supposed to see it, then, unless they follow me?
      That's a broken system.

• I think it is a definite move to control what goes on the feed - They could easily do what you are saying

• at least they don't do that with questions I suppose.
      Still, not a fan. really bothers me they're so heavy handed in controlling what MyTakes anyone actually gets to see.

• Good quality myTakes that the admins like are promoted.
    It also helps if you ask people via PM to comment on your myTake that way it adds to the visibility.