Would mentioning someone absolutely anywhere notify them?

As in links with @ before the name. Is @apple24 getting her a "you have been mentioned" sort of notification as I post this? Would shy be notified for a comment or reply I write to anyone if it has @apple24 in it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes...

• Why the "..." at the end? Is that bad, or super obvious in your opinion? lol

• The... is just filler because my comment was too short

• Isn't the minimum 4? Wouldn't one period be enough? (Not complaining. Just curious.)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep, she will have received the notification as soon as you posted your question.

What Girls Said 5

• yeah no matter where it is, except in messaging, that person will be notified. if you are willing to say that person's name in a comment without mentioning them, then remove the @ symbol.

• huh? I think so! I usually mute convo. If you don't want hear it.

• Yeah, it would notify them.

• Because that's her username. If you don't want her to be notified then don't put the @ sign in front of it.

• Yes it would notify the person

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, if you mention them, tag them on GAG then they will get the notifications in "the mentions field" of their profile.

Yes, they get notified.

• Yes. That is all it takes.

• If you don't want them to get a notice, simply leave out the @ ^.^

• I think that is the case that they are notified