Why don't people want to hear the truth?

? I have been on this website for two days and it is clear to me that the vast majority of people do not want to hear the truth. I give them a straightforward common sense realistic answer (and others do the same) and the reply is, "but it's more complicated than that. You see his cousin's boyfriend text me Thursday before his uncle's brother emailed his sister. So he couldn't be using me. I'm so confused." That is the response I see all too often in just two days. Too many people here are melodramatic. 25-year-old guys acting like 14-year-olds and same goes for the girls. It's my opinion that people are bullshitting themselves.

I am very pleased by the responses I've gotten. Most people are quite aware of the drama queens and kings, those filled with neurosis and those who want to be agreed with. I thank everyone
Wow 31 responses in less than 24 hours! I imagine that this must be a topic that concerns

Most Helpful Guy

• If people wanted the truth they would probably find it themselves. It is usually staring them right in the face. Mostly when people ask for advice they want you to validate their delusion.

The truth isn't hard to see, you just have to want to see it more than you want anything else. Almost no one wants that. If you had a magic mirror that showed you the truth about yourself how many people would like what they see?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• I'm just gonna let Nietzsche do the the talking.
    quotefail.com/.../Nietzsche.jpg

• Well, I don't know that's a good question you are asking. I think it's not like people don't want to hear the truth, it's just that accepting the truth is a lot harder then hearing that. You also need lots of courage to hear the truth.

It's also true that truth hurts and so may be some people are not capable of bearing the pain of truth. It's possible.

However what I have observed is that if a woman asks a question on this site, they want to know the truth.

That is my observation.

• Of course they don't want to. The truth hurts. But some of them, it eventually sinks in.

And a few people really do want the truth, and have listened to my advice, and had pretty interesting life changes.

The ones that annoy me the most though are the 'he used more lowercase than usual on facebook yesterday does he like me'

and the ones who want to discuss with me for like 2 hours whether some friend might be interested in more, before 2 hours in finally admitting they fucked him a few dozen times, like that wasn't relevant to the situation.

• Welcome to the real world, lots of people 'say' they want the 'truth' but they really don't. They'd rather be lied to whether it be by the Government or their friends or family;
    1. Does this Dress make me look fat?
    2. Is dating more than one man at the same time make me a slut/douchebag?
    3. Is voting for Trump a smart move?
    All of these questions and those similar to them they don't want the truth cuz it would hurt their 'politically correct' feelings. (Might have gone a bit off there)

The TRUTH is people like being lied to, and then... there's me;
    1. Yes that dress makes you look fat
    2. Yes, it does make you a slut, how'd you feel if one of those guys did that to you?
    3. Ha ha ha... wait you serious? Ok NO... it's not a smart move, his own mother said it's a bad idea what more do you want?
    See, I could give two rat's ass about lying to someone because I prefer telling the truth, no matter how much it hurts cuz you'll thank me later after you had time to reflect on it.

• Sometimes truth hurts or the answers they want are the ones that agree with their own thoughts. If you're not going to change your opinion or listen to everyone, why ask?

• Because it hurts like a bitch

• Agreed. There are a few that seem to appreciate the advice but yes most just want people to agree with them. They're going to do what they're going to do anyway but yes, drama drama drama.

• Confirmation bias and uneducated people just don't mix.
    There are just some people who are so stupid they either don't know they're stupid or even worse, don't want to know they're stupid.

• Because most people only want to hear what they WANT to hear. They'd prefer someone to "agree" with them.

• I think a lot of people just want you to tell them what they want to hear instead of actually giving an honest opinion. I always try to be honest and I want people to be honest when they answer my questions

• You want to hear the truth? Your profile is a duplicate and you stole that profile picture somewhere from the farthest corners of the internet.

• They're a bunch of morons.

• Hahah 😂
    Ok but it's not totally true
    There are some amazing people on here

• I've got breaking news for you: Welcome to the real world.

• But you don't understand. I'm talking about the real world when the other guy text me before his mother text my sister. That real world. You just don't understand I'm all confused and then she deleted all my Facebook pictures. Why? lmao

• Most people are pussies.

• Yeah, I see that, too.

• some people can't be grown up

• ᕙ (⇀‸↼‶) ᕗ thank you

• Say wrong them

What Girls Said 11

• What's the truth? Everyone can and does think he/she is talking the truth. It's the natural tendency of the brain to consider what it identifies itself with, the truth. Claiming you tell the truth doesn't make what you say the truth.

The real truth is some people are good rationalists and talk on the basis of logic with no use of fallacies and can back up their rationalization with evidence and then they present it as a very likely possibility backed up by multiple little facts, and others talk total bullshit and present it as the truth.

Most people's daily reasoning is centered around the simple and common fallacy of appeal to emotions. You probably go beyond that and you find people find you bitter and unempathetic in simple matters. And in sensitive matters that their beliefs are too indoctrinated and ingrained just going beyond this fallacy will open their months to put all kinds of labels on you.

Appeal to emotion may sound simple, but it is a very broad topic and very important to study if you want to understand people's psychology and many questions about it, including the answer to your question.

• Good point. Appeal to emotion is more than just a label to slap onto fallacious arguments during a debate.

• This is the way it is Behind the Computer Curtain here, @DianeDuffus, and having Gotten as far by Far as I have in Over 2 years, I handle Every problem with Diplomacy with a bit of Nice as Spice and Never Point Fingers. Everyone on here has their own story and Everyone has to be Handled in each and every way a bit Differently.
    lol.. I have never been Voted Queen of Mean but have been Voted Queen of MHO.
    Good luck. xx

• Because through twisting the truth a bit, people can evade realizing that the root of the issue lies in them. That things went wrong, whether it be issues with their s/o, with their diet, or anything really, because of their own actions.

Hence why they may ask questions with very obvious answers, and accept answers that put individuals other than the op at fault.

• I need to lose 185 pounds in three weeks. I joined a gym. Can I do it

• What if I ran a mile every month?

• nope. Doesn't matter how much you work out, how little you eat, or how long you do any of those things for. You'd basically have to shed any mass you have.
      In other words, impossible.

• Those are the people who only want answers that are what they want to hear. There's a lot of people here who can't handle the honest truth. I always dole out the truth without sugarcoating or skewing my answers to what they want me to say, and I've been blocked for it. But I don't give a shit. As you spend more time on this site, you'll learn that many people only want validation and not much else.

• Because the truth is difficult to take and people don't like things that aren't easy. It's not even confined to this website: no one wants to listen to the truth.

Let's take a historical example: the European powers ignored Hitler's rise to power because they never believed he would succeed. "Oh, what a silly little man. He'll never do anything."

• Yes or they'll ask "does he like me, he looks at me all the time but we've never talked" and I'll say that you can't be sure he's looking at you amd you've never spoken so he most likely doesn't like you and then they throw a bitch fit because I gave them an answer they didn't want. It's like why are you asking it as a question if you are soooo sure he likes you lol?

• Because I don't!

• @apple24.

You don't want to hear the truth? Ok, but isn't it good if someone is truthful towards you?

• @apple24

Yes, you have a point, you never know what's going on in their heads and so you just have to choose if you can trust them or not, if you can trust their words or not. Hence eventually it comes down to one factor that is trust.

I understand you have a point.

• You're very right about a certain kind of people that asks questions on here and they don't want to hear the truth in fact theu just want to hear the words "he/she likes you"
    That also annoys me a lot so i don't read questions like that anymore :)

• You can manipulate your questions to get the answers you want fairly easily. It's like the "GaG reflex" on this site. When you're not complying, it throws them off and they get defensive.

• I think they're just phantom trolls.

• I totally feel you. People don't want an honest answer they just want bullshit validation. People take things way to serious. Crazy people are everywhere on the Internet.