Should everyone post on GAG Competitions anonymously?

For example in the recent competition about “What's the most interesting question that will be asked on GirlsAskGuys in 100 years? “.

Then they say on their description “We'll award a $25 Amazon gift card to two users (one guy/one girl). The GAG content team will choose the winner, but upvotes on opinions will help our decision! The winners will be announced on Friday.”

But there’s something unfair here. Masters appear on top, and then after Masters, Gurus follow. So Masters’ posts are going to be noticed (and upvoted) more easily since most people here won’t bother looking other people’s posts on these competitions, and most of them will notice Masters’ posts only, and maybe Gurus’ by some degree. In other words Masters have way more chances to win

So wouldn’t it be more fair if they made everyone post anonymously?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually agree with that! It sounds fair to me.

• Plus, by being anonymous, voting would be more objective instead of members voting for their friends/acquaintances. i like your idea.

• Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• i hadn't thought about this, but its actually a good idea. Another reason for this is the fact that people often upvote the opinion of their friends even if it may not necessarily be that great of an entry. So yeah i say yes

What Girls Said 9

• Yes they should since it kind of feels like those contests are done by the most popular people on here, along with how people vote for others, and where your comment is on the thing.

• Most of the comments for the contest this week aren't even about anything futuristic and yet have the highest votes. They are things that could still be asked to this day.

• How are master at top?

• I still think its better for people to see who they are voting for. People may not pay much attention to anon posters.

• OMG, you have a point, I support your idea

• didn't know the responses were ordered by rank :x i can see why that would be problematic...

• They used to. But now, "masters" are on top followed by MHO% in descending order.

Gurus have no importance left :(

• Yes, I think many times these contests are less about content and more about popularity.

• no…..
    omg who cares! It's all for fun anyway. I'm sure they all get read lol.

• All about the money that you get for winning. :D

• Money is money. :D

• A prize is still a prize. And it's not $1 either. $25 are a respectable amount of money. Are you all entrepreneurs here, and you think $25 are like $0.01?

• It's just a dumb contest.

• Yeah, but I'd not say no for a $25 Gift Card.

• Dude the Admins know who the user is whether they post anon or not. They know who the gurus and masters are

That's dumb to post answers anon on competitions

What Guys Said 4

• Yes that way people wouldn't be biased.

• It's amazing how people on Gag go crazy over $25 gift cards lmao

• GAG competitions?, why should there be a competition?

• I don't know about mods or whatever they call them here, but I'm pretty sure the top admin people will know who is who either way via IP address checks.