Do You Comment On Other People's Appearance On G@G (how do I look section)?

I'm 15 and I had always felt very self-conscious about the way I look. So one day I decided to post a picture of me and my friend on this site. I wanted to know who was prettier. The vast majority of the people on here said my friend was prettier. Some guys said I wasn't their type, I looked slightly chubby ( I'm 5'4 ,118 pounds), I was ugly.
I felt extremely hurt. I thought I was ugly. I carried it with me for days. But Then I decided I do not have to listen to that insecurity in my head. I should not let other people define who I am. Other people's words, who I don't even know, I'm not going to give them the power over who I am. I have no control over the way I look. After receiving those negative comments, I started embracing my flaws, I stopped wearing makeup. I learned to love myself. Now I'm very content with the way I look and what other people think don't matter to me anymore. Now, I go to that section and try to find beauty in everyone. I don't understand if you have nothing nice to say why say anything at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm glad you didn't let it get to you

What Guys Said 18

• Well apparently the negative comments helped you establish confidence in yourself! Glad to hear you're not hiding under makeup anymore. It barely ever makes a girl more attractive.

118 lbs at that height isn't even chubby.

• yeah. its usually always the same response

• Yes, I do post my opinions, comments on that section.

• yeah I do. but as you said... if I don't have anything nice (or at least nothing helpful) to say, then I'll just not say anything at all.

It's the internet and people can be mean. You shouldn't give a fuck about what people on here say.

I'm curious now but I guess you don't wanna link it anymore?

• If you ask for someone's honest opinion about how u look,

then be prepared for someone not liking how you look!

You're asking for criticism!

If you ask how you look, I'm telling you how you look.

• Yes I do post in them

• I think most people here try to be constructive. But it's a hard position... judging another person's appearance. I don't particularly like to do that too much.

• Really very good points - I agree totally with what you say.

• some people are more attractive, some look like shit in pics it happens, i look bad in photos can't do much about it, i would rather people rate me in rl not the internet , its kinda useless on here.

• Don't ask for people to rate you if you don't want an honest opinion. That's your life lesson there.

• Calling someone "ugly" is not a constructive criticism. The majority of the askers on this site are young girls who are vulnerable, insecure and looking for other people's approval (just like I was). When I see questions like "am i too ugly?" I try to to tell those girls it doesn't matter what other people think. When women ask questions like "can u rate me from 1-10?" I tell them "You only have one life to live, so why would you spend it worrying about other people’s opinions?"

• If you can't take criticism, then don't seek to be the center of attention.

• It doesn't have to be "constructive". Whenever you are in a position we you draw attention, most of the attention you draw will not be positive. Those who are famous or powerful, rarely get praise. They must find their happiness within themselves and those few that they surround themselves with. The rest of the world will demand they eat shit at every turn. So like I said, if you can't take criticism, then don't seek to be the center of attention.

• Yeah, on occasion. If a person is unattractive then I usually don't say anything.

• Hmm. People will post their opinions based on what they say. You asked how you look or something right? They gave you their opinions. It's not about how mean people can be, it's rather how blunt they can be instead.

• On occasion.

• Very rarely.

• Sometimes, not always

• Very often... I like dat topic...

If a gal posts a picture where she's doin' duckface... or she wears glasses.. or she has added stupid filters... and such various shit... I won't be easy on her...

• Good for you! Glad you feel better now. And yeah--if you're only 118 you are most definitely not fat in any reasonable definition. Maybe your friend is just really attractive?

What Girls Said 14

• I'm glad you didn't let it get to you, but I'm also glad people tell the truth and not coddle everyone. I say my honest opinion and if that's offensive, so be it.

I'm also glad if they're mean even because I hope it discourages young, naive girls from posting in the HDIL section. I've seen pics of young girls, pretty much soft porn, and do you know how many pervs and pedos there are on this site? I'd much rather they call you ugly, than convince you to send nudes and then you end up getting bullied and kill yourself.

• That entire topic is a cesspool the website exploits for page hits.

I'm glad it worked out well for you though. It's unfortunate that it had to include you putting pictures on the internet for it to happen.

• I don't answer any how do I look questions. On my old account, I once posted a picture of myself and two people posted a rude comment that offended me greatly. I blocked them but I couldn't stop remembering what the user said for weeks. Because of that user, I made the incredibly impulsive decision to close my account. I came back a couple weeks eventually I found one of the users and blocked them again, but I have yet to find the other.

• no I try not to.

• Yep. They ask so they get honest answers, not what they want to hear. I don't understand why people ask questions if they can't take the true opinions of others. I know I'd much rather people be bluntly honest with me than sugarcoat it. Take it as constructive criticism & work on ways to improve yourself.

• I've never used the word ugly but they put themselves in a position where they're bound to get positive & negative comments. Beauty is subjective plus nobody in the world is going to considered beautiful by everyone. Also, you can't control what people say or do. It's bad enough with all the PC & people are way too sensitive about everything these days. You put yourself out there, expect the worst.

• If they ask a how do I look question, I will answer it.
    So yes.
    That's the point of a how do I look question.

• Every now and then, I will, but it's not a topic I frequent.

• No I dont ask those questions. I mean why you need to feel better based on what other people think about your looks.

• aren t you the one who just asked if she s chubby or fat?

• Not typically, I usually avoid that section.

• Rarely if ever.

• Then why ask a question on who is prettier?
    That's a terrible question.

• I think you are a very mature girl and good on you for loving yourself

• I do it every once in a while