Guys, do you think girls on G@G are a poor representation of girls in everyday life? Girls, thoughts?

Girls here on G@G seem to be a lot more strong willed than girls in real life, which is a good thing as some are able to give real down to earth advice. However, as a certain female G@G member (who I don't want to tag lest I risk butchering her username so I hope she doesn't get offended that I'm talking about her without tagging her) loves to say, most of the guys here are a good representation of the shy and insecure guys, but not a good representation of the average. It led me to start to think the opposite might be true for girls here where they/you are a good representation of the more feministic, outspoken girls but do not properly represent the more quiet and conserved girls that I, and probably many other guys, mostly run into.

I don't know. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Make sense. Why would secure and confident guys spend a lot of time on here asking questions? On the flip side, more assertive and confident girls probably find this place to be an outlet for venting and ranting about dudes.

What Girls Said 7

• I definitely think the ladies here on GAG are more strong-willed than people I meet in real life. But that might just be because they are willing to put themselves out there on a site like this. If someone isn't confident in their advice, then they would be less likely to give it.

Also, I think this site gives people a certain level of anonymity that they don't get in real life. So they would be more opt to say things on here they wouldn't say otherwise. I know I am more bold online than in real life. But I am working on that.

Really, people should be confident to be themselves. It's scary, but better in the long run. I know if a situation comes up and I give an answer that I truly believe in, then I have a better time sleeping at night.

• I think you talk to people here about things that you would not usually in real life. So I think you might surprised to find out how people in real life feel about those topics

• Yup so true. In real life I am quiet, laid back type, but on here I speak my mind, because nobody knows me in real life on here, so why should it matter? First impression yes I understand, but I am not on here to date, just make friends know what I am sayin?

• im a girl and i say yes. the people here in general are a poor representation of society.

• Seems like most girls on here hate sex which in real life is the opposite. Most of these people need to get out more.

• Yes, I am a special snowflake, there is nobody like me! ❄️

• I think both genders aren't a good representation. Gag is such a small community compared to the population of the real world.

• Dont know

What Guys Said 14

• Gag is NOT a representative sample (both genders) of the mainstream population out there

• They are a poor representation... and thank goodness. I wouldn't want real life girls to be like those on here, I'd end up going to the mountains and living alone.
    Only a few girls here get a pass.

• I think it depends on what you deem to be a good or poor example of people and society, as that alone will vary and change depending on who you ask on here.

In reality we don't really know how these people we speak to on here are in real life, what there education is, or what kind of person they are. A lot of times people tend to be different online then they are in real life and you'll find very few people on here that are actually the same online as they are in real life.

• My theory is that from the safety and relative anonymity of a computer screen, girls who might otherwise be less forthcoming are more willing to express themselves freely.
    Rather than being unrepresentative, I would suggest that we are seeing the true nature of the beast (as a collective).

• Tbh there will always be someone that will have a negative image on something, and it's best that you either one let it be and move on or two address the issue, and do something about it. I may even be a negative influence, but I try my best not to be. If so, then oh well life goes on.

• Most profiles are too skimpy (or are private) No background information about state, education, job.

• I will agree 100%. They like very good guys not bad boys. Girls in real life love bad boys or someone that is half bad and half good. Also girls here will prefer personality over looks. While in real life, it's the opposite.

• i think the people on here are the kinds of people you've probably come into contact with already, but the things they talk about on here aren't the sort of things they would share with you in person

• Yes. But then I also think that the guys on here aren't representative of the general population.

• not just the girls...

• We can say the same for the males...

there's the good, the bad, and the uglies.. (Not truly ugly but you know what I mean)

• True...

• Outspoken maybe, not sadly not always truthful in their answers

• They seem about as representative as the guys, which is to say not very for the most part.