Why admins remove suicidal tendencies questions?

Wasn't the whole point of this site to "strive to keep G@G a helpful and caring community for all" ?
Do they think they made a community just helpful enough to tell you about your d*ck size but not helpful enough to help people who actually need help?

How hypocritical. Well played, G@G !

Most Helpful Guy

• I remember I gave this answer to a similar question why the site was reluctant to have suicide posts on the feed.
    (1) Liability - Don't know legalities of it but if you ask a suicide question and somebody says "Yes the pain is too much, you should do it", is site promoting suicide.
    (2) Last thing a site like this needs is to get a reputation for suicide pacts etc.
    (3) Trolls - "Put us out of our misery and just do it, you freak"
    (4) Attention Whores "I may not have done it previous 47 times but this time I mean it, message me but before 10am I have class"
    (5) Hoaxers - "I am bored - What will I do - I know I will post a suicide question and watch the bleeding hearts scramble to the rescue.
    (6) The "God" complex - "I am fantastic I talked 27 people down from suicide last year, I lost 4 but you win some. you lose some. The contact/helplines are trained to deal with this situation.
    (8) And most important GENUINE CRIES FOR HELP are lost in the tangle of previously listed reasons.

What Girls Said 9

• People on gag are not therapists or professionals. A lot of trolls are on here. People who are truly suicidal are very vulnerable. If someone started trolling and telling them to kill themselves, they might just do it. Plus, most people on here are not qualified to deal with something so serious, you're walking on thin ice when trying to interact with someone who's done with life.
    When the question is removed for suicidal tendencies, the asker gets a message with suicide hotlines etc, that they can call instead.
    Some people even come on here asking for the most efficient ways to kill themselves, and obviously these questions should not be encouraged. Even if you want to stop them. It's just safest to not let anyone on gag play therapist. Nobody here wants blood on their hands if something escalates.

• You're just assuming people are not 'qualified' enough. People sitting behind suicide hotlines are not therapists, often just volunteers just following a code.
      That's my point, if after all this moderation you still can't ensure if you have made a "helpful and caring community" then what's the point if the moderation?
      Blood on their hands thing is stupid, if someone is suicidal and asks a question and it gets deleted, he won't wait "oh geez, let me try again" he'll freaking commit suicide.. The blood will always be on your hands anyway.

• But what about all the moderation? All the 'striving' to make community better? We have been at it for years now and still no avail?
      Someone's wasting time here.. Could it be.. All of us?
      Removing the Troll's comment makes much more sense than removing suicidal guy's question.

• By the time someone notices the comment and removes it, it might be too late.

• Because asking people to help a suicidal person is a HUGE burden on those who aren't equipped to help someone like that. What if someone trolls and says something hurtful like"okay go kill yourself?"... do you really think that would be helpful?

• They redirect you to suicide resources. I think it's a rare moment of self-awareness for this website to realize that this community (or therelackof) is not equipped to counsel someone in such a delicate and volatile state.

• I wanted to ask the same question.
    a gager explained to me that this is sort off risky.
    cause some of the comments would be hateful which can disturb the asker even more

• pshhh I made a similar post and it was removed when I called them out... this will be removed pretty soon as well. They play favorite around here and they do't strive for a damn thing, but keeping up drama.

• @lumos But I do see where you are coming from, troll's can provoke them and be very rude/cruel to these type of people. But this is a place for opinion's and in the past week's venting as well from what I've seen.

• Gag often promotes things that are controversial and will increase site activity. Report anything you see that's against the rules.

• You are right.
    I've thought about it and probably not to encourage other people who also have suicidal thoughts. That's the only thing i assume.
    Have you read book ''I was here" ?
    That's about a girl who commited a suicide cause she was encouraged to do so by web-site users.

• I haven't but if they made books on how people on internet helped you avoid suicidal tendencies, they'd have a library. Just saying.

• You see, they didn't delete this question xd

• savage xD

• Wait what?

• Agreed. GAG should be more considerate of exactly what they take down. All the questions that ever meant anything to me got removed but the buklshit remains to this day

What Guys Said 9

• Supposedly its like a domino effect, seeing someone talk about killing themselves could push other suicidal people over the edge.

• Makes sense why terrorism is openly discussed here.

• Im not saying I completely agree with that logic. Im only saying that it is the explaination I remember them using.

• Well, generally speaking "because we want to" sounds more logical than that shitty explanation xD

• because this site is full of trolls and idiots. It's a very difficult topic and the admins thought that no help at all is better than giving the wrong one.

The answer is usually the same. Get professional help, open up to your family etc.
    They should say that in the deletion message. Alternatively, make a system where only trusted users can see such questions.

• Exactly
    I was trying to help a girl
    Then suddenly her question vanished
    So I was like pissed and it has happened many times
    Like seriously 😶?

• Because no one here is a real therapist, and what suicidal individuals don't need is some melt telling them what to do.

I'm glad they remove those questions.

• Simple. GAG is Communist ran website, it is not a Democratically ran website. Nor do they really give a fuck about Freedom of Speech and Self Expression.

• That is because they believe it will bring pessimism, and might create a bad influence on this site.

• Yeah this site itself is pretty shit

• Lmao most of em are Elliot Rodgers brah

• Haaha that fgt was all over the news.. good days.

• Lmfaooo. "Guys bullied me, girls didn't had sex with me" lmao. That sounds familiar, o wait nerds on here baha

• If the person who has thoughts of suicide actually ends his/her life then investigators might look at the posts on here and potentially sue GAG because another user's answer ended up encouraging that person to suicide. GAG might end after that. So these posts are removed.