Who actually cares about followers?

Since gaining editor status, I've gained a lot of new followers. It's sweet that people want to see what I post and keep me in their list, but I don't care about how many followers. How do you feel about getting followers?

• More important than oxygen
    0% (0)12% (4)6% (4)Vote
  • Kind of important
    19% (7)15% (5)17% (12)Vote
  • Neutral/don't care
    58% (21)47% (16)53% (37)Vote
  • Followers are pointless
    23% (8)26% (9)24% (17)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
8|14

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest, they have a little bit importance.

It means they like what I post here. They appreciate my knowledge. They laugh on my jokes. They like my wit. They find my questions interesting. They admire myTakes. They want to see more from me.

It acts as a validation that I'm doing well on this site. I don't beg for new followers, I don't kiss ass and they don't give me food to survive but they really give me a satisfaction which is more than enough :)

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't care honestly. I don't like to follow a lot of people because it can get overwhelming when I'm checking on friends to see what they may have answered to a question.

So I typically only follow people I have spoken with more than a handful of times.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• I don't care about it. This isn't a popularity contest. I never followed any one first. I only followed people back if I remembered interacting with them in a positive way.

1|1
    0|0
  • Followers do matter SOME, but not the be-all-end-all.

Let's be honest, when you post something on an internet platform, you kinda want to know how many people are reading/viewing it, right?

1|0
    0|0
  • You are wrong love.. You write epic stuff.. But you need followers to admire your work and buy the stuff to sustain your economy..
    God doesn't speaks he is God..
    His followers do..

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them to bad you dont

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care. I never follow anyone first, I just follow them if they follow me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I just follow people who follow me - I never use the feed so it makes zero difference to me

1|0
    0|0
  • ME! ME! OVER HERE! ME!

1|0
    0|0
  • i don´t give a shit. i don´t even bother to follow people most of the time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never had the twittery/instagramm-esque mentality. It makes no difference to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am neutral about it.😊

1|0
    0|0
  • In the name of God, I care about my followers, so you better follwoing me, thanks.😇

1|0
    0|0
  • I ignore almost everyone single person that tries to follow me. So I'd say I care about who follows me. I don't want people stalking me or messaging me unless they seem like a decent person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I follow nobody and nobody follows me... so figure out how many shits I give...

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I always interpret that if a person wants to follow me they like what I post and/or the advice I give. And I will follow them back if I remember. I don't always approve follow requests before I approve a request i will see if I know them if I don't, I will creep on their profile and make a judgment. Some guy that I don't know has wanted to follow me several times and on his profile, he calls himself a sex addict. -___- It's a good thing I creep on their profiles before I approve them.

1|0
    0|0
  • As you said, it's nice that people want to follow me for what I post or share. In that way, it's a little important to show that I'm not completely hated or boring, haha.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I like your opinions, I'll follow you. If you follow me first and we've interacted, I'll follow you back. The end.

1|0
    0|0
  • Neutral, if they follow, great. If they don't, then it's no big deal.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really care about the followers

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's creepy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dont care. Content >>>

1|0
    0|0