If you attack then block someone because you had no valid counter argument when they challenged your opinion/proved you wrong, you're a pussy. Yes/No?

That seems like it's the main purpose of the block function on this site. People who can't have discussions or get embarrassed intellectually try and get the last word by insulting you and then blocking you so you can't reply, I guess that's their version of taking the high road. Very childlike.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah people act foolishly and sometimes we just have to accept it and move on. It's sad that people do that and that people can't simply talk things out without being childish but thankfully there are people out there that can have a simple conversation without doing childish things.

Most Helpful Girl

• The people who voted no are the pussies who reply and block.

What Guys Said 7

• It's especially the worse when the OP does it. So you're going to fucking ask a question, which encourages dialogue, yet still you are going to block me like a little bitch if I question you or your points.

• I mean that you just don't want to hear them yet have them hear you. I have encountered it many times and yet its not a big deal.

• meh.. some people are just weak and will block you because "disagreeing with them means you're a troll". You can't fix stupid.

• a so called friend of mine and i were talking about something and then she blocked me suddenly while i was writing. i think that its very childish and immature. im glad she's gone because now i realize that she's a waste of my time!

• I agree. They ask a question, and don't get the answer they want. So.. they give you a hostile, profane response and then block you...

Why ask a question then?

• happens all the time I prove my point and people stop writing
    and yes it means the person has won

• Being "right" is the only thing that matters in life!

What Girls Said 2

• Yessss!! That happened to me lots of times.. I got blocked from people I never even talked about!!! I once wanted to help out this girl on here, and after writing a LONG opinion, I was gonna submit it but then they said I was blocked -.-

I honestly find it hilarious when someone blocks me coz they can't find a good answer for what I'm asking them, so they insult me and then block me. It just shows how childish people can be even if they were 25-29 years old!!

• I don't believe that's the main purpose of the block feature, but I do agree that it gets abused, as does the anonymous feature at times.

A common issue I see in general here, is people not being able to admit that they got something wrong, or made a simple mistake.

But arguing in general past 2 or 3 replies is a waste of time anyway. It never accomplishes anything.

• Something users have been asking for lately that I think would be helpful is a notification that you've been blocked by someone. To keep from wasting time writing a reply that you can't post

• Yes. The second para is so true.