Has anyone else had GAG freeze their accounts?

Well I did anyway seems kinda BS, I don't really troll that much, offense is taken and ok I'm antagonistic but at least I made a point when I respond. Anyone else been fucked by mods?

I see many of you are going on about not breaking rules but I think the problem is the rules are bullshit first of I don't troll or spam so that shouldn't be there also what's wrong with antagonism with criticism and offense is only taken the GAG community clearly can't handle the bantzzz.
My account wasn't even suspended for the full 48 hours more like 10 so I mustn't have fucked up that bad all though this question was taken down for a bit.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, i dont break the rules of this site so there would be no reason to have my account frozen...

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, never been frozen.

I haven't seen you around much so I don't know your posts and how they were. However, generally speaking, freezing accounts comes after repeated removed posts.

There is a site "rule" with antagonism. As far as that goes, criticism is alright-- antagonistic statements aren't.

Example: "That is a ridiculous statement, I disagree completely. Here's why..." That's ok to say. It's attacking the statement, not the person.

Other example: "Only a complete and utter retard would take a stance like that. You are an idiot. Here's why I disagree..." That's not ok to say. Sure, you had criticism of their opinion in it, but you just attacked them as well.

Antagonism of a person is not required in disagreeing with a point or rendering it invalid. In fact, all it does is discredit the antagonistic person's opinion by making them look like a jerk.

Why ban it? It's distasteful and just promotes hate like "kys" comments and crap like that. The site already has enough hate on it as it is already. It doesn't need more. Satire is witty humor, often exaggerating things to make a point (often with societal implications). Sarcasm is using exaggeration to target a person. However, the majority of antagonism is not sarcasm or sattire. It's just antagonism.

We don't need to turn into a 4chan or leafyishere comment thread lol.

• well they must be lenient cos my freeze didn't even last a full day but I just think that GAG is definitely not a place for sophisticated debate sometimes you wanna argue and call shit out I don't see whats wrong with it no one actually cares and lets not act like the GAG comments are high quality anyway.

• Lol I guess that all just depends who is debating and how they are debating. An intelligent conversation can happen anywhere, whether on GAG, reddit, 4chan, facebook, or wherever. It just may be more rare on some places than others.

I've been in some conversations where a dude just half insults me, half criticizes me, and that does get annoying. I'd be more willing to engage in conversation with a dude if he wasn't throwing insults hidden by criticism.

I've also been in sophisticated debates on here though. People throw their sources/viewpoints and say their peace.

Sophisticated debates can happen anywhere. We just need to let them.
      I feel it almost leads to a self defeating cycle if we decide something like "sophisiticated debates can't happen here therefore I won't participate in them myself." That just makes the person affected by this thought have the same mindset and it just goes on and on from there.

I mean, this "debate" seems pretty sophisticated so far.

What Girls Said 9

• I am Not One to ever Point fingers here, dear, and a few times even on Facebook when I became a bit too Opinionated perhaps, hey then Would... Freeze me out from commenting for 48 hours. On GAG, @Josht11, that Gag tries to Maintain a certain Thing or Two from getting out of hand, and if they felt they needed to do this, then maybe it was in your Best interest so things didn't get further out of hand.
    Good luck. xx

• I personally have not seen anything myself that you wrote but maybe they thought so, I can not say for sure. xx

• But I wasn't being a troll, the offense thing is stupid and antagonism and criticism is fine in my opinion.

• I am sure not a troll but they are Weird of the criticism thing.. However, what is weird too is they will allow people to post half nudes of themselves which is offensive in my own opinion and overlook this. xx

• Sometimes moderators make mistakes or bad calls. When they do, the admins correct it as soon as they have a chance to review.

I've never had an account freeze, but I have had 3 or 4 posts (over a period of a year) removed for being "too antagonistic". It's a judgement call. But generally, it's when "banter" devolves into personal attacks and/or name calling that posts are removed.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts

If you CONTINUE posting the same type of comments AFTER a moderator has hidden them, that's the criteria for getting your account frozen - which is akin to a temporary suspension until the admins can look into it. Hope that helps. I was going to PM all of this to you but I can't.

• Well I'm not gonna deny I name call a shit ton but it's mostly to be satirical or funny also if I genuinely meant it I then say why they're a retard, how is this not allowed. Anyway I got that freeze thing less than 24 hours ago the admins quickly got me back up because it was a bullshit ban by a certain uber mod who I know snitched on me.

• OK bro. Well we are all human and humans make mistakes, especially on subjective judgment calls sometimes. I'm sarcastic as fuck myself, but I do make it a point to not call names or be intentionally ugly. I was a lot more salty when I first started here than I am now, and tbh I like GaG better now than I did then. It's more fun for me.

Glad you got it straightened out.

• You know mods don't freeze accounts, right? Admins get the final say on stuff. If you have an issue then you should talk to one of them.

• Oh (someone lied to me) well don't mods recommend it sometimes.

• @YourFutureEx I was actually just informed about this too. I didn't know about that since I'm not one, sorry😓

• Yeah simple logic. Why would an admin "freeze" an account? He/she'll "cancel" the account instead. Now, you know more about the site so, cheers!

• Yes I have.

• no because I follow the rules... and it is not the mods who freeze accounts, it is admins

• I've never frozen anyone's account, but uber mods can, and are supposed to when someone is repeatedly violating the rules. When an uber mod does freeze an account, it's reviewed by the admins.

• @CheerGirl38139 oh okay so I guess in this example an uber mod likely froze the account and an admin decided it didn't need to be hence why it was cut short?

• I would say that sounds correct. I think one of the reasons that it's 48 hours to begin with, is to give them time to look into it, as they're are not that many admins in the first place.

• Nah, I haven't had that happen. If you feel it was done in error, then contact the admins.

• Well They froze my account less than 24 hours ago and they unfroze it pretty quickly so I think it was a bullshit freeze and I think I know who did it.

• Guess they realized it wasn't necessary to freeze you.

• Nope never had a problem like yours.

• Nope.

• Nope.

What Guys Said 10

• Never experienced this. Well, I try following rules so I don't lose anything.
    Example: I got over 1,600 published videos and over 1,700 subscribers on YouTube. Making a dumb move and losing my channel would be horrific to me. Especially since I can't get most of the stuff back. I only have files to like 5% of the videos. Years of work gone for some stupid mistake. Best and pretty easy to just follow the rules.

• If you're gonna be an intentional douche, you can't complain about the consequences.

• wow bro getting a little antagonistic there careful it doesn't get removed cos that's against the rules.

• Thank you for your consideration, you have my apologies if my opinion has ruffled your sensibilities.

Good day to you sir.

• Thankfully, I haven't gotten to that point yet. Don't think I ever will but some of the things I have written were of quite questionable content.

• No, it has never happened like that.

• Nope, I've never had it happen. I hear that the admins pick on some users. I don't know how true that is though.

• Yeah I think I know some uber mod that might since I wasn't very nice to them, for good reason though.

• Nope. In your case GAG seems to be sooo sensitive and that's sad. It's call freedom of speech. A beautiful right that we have.

• I once said that I'd need to lose my ability to think to vote Republican, and this was flagged as "antagonistic". What the actual fuck, though? Seems like an opinion to me. I didn't say that everyone who votes Republican lacks a brain.

• I have too but I does not only happen here.
    Lazy to say about it anymore...

• Maybe the admins are having a bit of banter and freezing your account

• I've been here for years never refrained from speaking my mind or saying things that may not be popular but my account has never been frozen. If your account is being frozen your being unnecessarily abrasive, destructive, or disruptive. Tone it down.

• Fuck that I'm not even that bad sure I swear a bit but I always have valid criticism when I respond. I'm only speaking my mind nothing wrong with that and it's so annoying when they freeze you.