Do you read the long questions on G@G?

Do you ever see really long questions that people post and don't even want to read them? I feel so bad because people that ask super lengthy questions probably really need help but I don't usually read or answer their questions.

• Yes
  • No, keep it short and sweet.

Most Helpful Guy

• My criteria for long questions:

Chances go down drastically if any one of these questions is a yes:
    1.) Is it one long paragraph? (compared to sequential thoughts in paragraphs, preferably with line spaces in between)

2.) Is the grammar horrendous? I can deal with minor grammar issues, but if they don't capitalize sentences and continually misspell things to where it makes it hard to read, I'm not going to devote time to it.

3.) Is it question I probably wouldn't be able to help with anyway based on the question title alone? I'm not going to read a long thing of something if I feel the question is something I wouldn't be able to answer anyway.

So mainly, it comes down to how the format of the long questions are. Too often I see one long paragraph that is hard to read. Situations like that call for unnecessary effort I'm not willing to put in.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wall of text? No.

Paragraphs with appropriate breaks? Yes.

Usually depends on how Im feeling but if the question is worthwhile and Im feeling up to interpreting a (hopefully) well written long arse question. Then yeah Ill answer it before a short one.

What Guys Said 22

• Yes to the long questions in the sense that i do see them often. That being said don't mind longer questions because often the long question gives more background story which eliminates the need for a lot of the back and forth so as to get more info. So in the end im able to give a better, more exact answer, faster.

• Only if the topic is interesting to me. The main question (not just the description) needs to catch my mind.

• It really depends on the day.. sometimes I just don't feel like it, and just want to consume the little easy ones.
    Only when I'm inspired I read the big ones. And since I go through the whole thing, I almost always leave a thorough response.

• Eh... generally no. I especially don't answer if it's all just one huge paragraph with no spacing in between. I mean, I want to help people, but sometimes they do provide too much detail to sift through.

• Yes, sometimes I do read long questions.

• Haha well if it's posted as one huge wall of text without any paragraph breaks then yeah... it's usually not worth the time. Buuut there have been a few long questions on here that were really interesting so as usual it just depends.

• Sometimes I do. It depends on my mood and how busy I am. If I feel like I can help them, I'll take my time reading it.

Otherwise, it's on to the silly and inconsequential questions on GAG 😜

• It really depends on the question title, if it interests me I will stick with it,

• no i like to avoid getting eye raped i just skim and if i think i can give a good answer i will read in detail

• If it's something I care then yeah but if it's rel;relationship advice I move on.

• I usually try to avoid them, unless there's someone that really needs help.

• assuming it's formatted well and not just a giant wall of text, yes, I read them.

• I do sometimes 💁

• yes sometimes i read it.

• To be honest, most times I don't, no. Sometimes I will sit through them but mostly not.

• Those are the ones I read and answer the most...

• rarely. i usually skip past them completely

• Mostly no, but once in a blue moon I might.

• nope, i get sleeply before i get through the next paragraph

• yes!!!

• sexual-behavior/q1972010-we-wanted-to-spend-night-together-but-i-didnt-work good question

• girlsaskguys. com/sexual-behavior/q1972010-we-wanted-to-spend-night-together-but-i-didnt-work

• I actually prefer short questions.

• I'd give a shit... if I was given like 5 bucks for each long question... I don't ask much...

What Girls Said 17

• If it is something I could help with I don't mind reading. I'm quick reader, it is not like it is book length, lol, paragraphs isn't going to hurt anyone. Plus I read and write a lot in general so it doesn't bother me. I am here to help if I can and while I have the time to do so. If someone needs help, a few minutes isn't going to hurt, but you never know a life could be possibly changed or saved. But if it is inconvenient to a person by all means skip it, I suppose.

• It depends: if it's just a chunky paragraph with little aim or punctuation, no. If they take the time to write it properly and break it up I will read it.

• I read the first few sentences to get a feel for it and if it sounds like they really need help then I read the entire thing and answer. If the question is just something along the lines of "Does s/he like me?" then they have a long list of reasons why they suspect someone likes them then I stop reading.

• No, keep it short and sweet.

• I'm more inclined to skip over them, especially if there are no paragraph breaks. I will read them once in a while, though.

• I usually don't read if it requires me to scroll down on my phone too much. But, if there is a succinct question in the headline, I'll answer and add the (tl;dr) in front of my answer.

• I can speed read so reading long paragraphs doesn't bother me so much.

• Nope, I prefer short and simple questions

• Most the time no, unless I have a lot of time to waste and the feed is being particularly slow.

• Sometimes, only if the question itself sounds interesting. Sometimes I'll skim through but mostly I'll just avoid them

• Sometimes

• Yea I don't read lengthy questions either...
    media0.giphy.com/media/YOvJuai8jPGpO/200w.gif

• Not unless they include a TL;DR which I wish people would do more often

• Yeah. Not bad reads usually.

• I'll read a long question if it interests me.

• Not too often

• No, keep it short and sweet.