Do you think G@Gers should have the right to see which Mod his their question, opinion or froze their account?

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• As a mod I actually support this notion.

What Girls Said 5

• No. That would lead to a shitstorm of drama, even though anything that mods end up doing, whether it be hiding posts or freezing accounts, is always done in accordance with the posting guidelines which you can find in the FAQ.
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#9

It's not that difficult to stick within those. I mean.. some users already hold grudges again specific mods on nothing but suspicions that they did something to a friend's account, so I can't imagine how much more of that there'd be if users were given that option.

• No they're just doing their job and it's never personal. Plus, the admins are the ones who make all final decisions.

• I don't see the point to that.

• Mods can freeze accounts.

• Your anon why should you see who Mods are?

What Guys Said 6

• How does it matter which mod hid your question, it shouldn't matter unless you have some issue with mods or that particular mod and want to report that mod to the admin.

• Tough one - Might frighten off people from becoming mod, only people who want to be mods are those who like the arguments thus making it worse than before for users who feel hard done by. The more mods there is the better chance of a more reasonable spread of views on moderation.

• There's a huge loophole that i'm surprised no one sees or maybe they do and don't understand the value.

mods are users just like us which means they can only interact (mostly) with content that's made by users that have not blocked them. Doing so makes the site much more like a normal forum where admins can remove whatever breaks the rules of the site instead of just random people hiding any comment that doesn't appeal to them.

• I could care less about the mods here. It's just pretentious hierarchy as someone else said. A status thing that means little. Most of them abuse it anyway.

• Well , shouldn't mods have the right to go anon too?

• No i dont think so