Do you think it's kind of gay to have both a male and female most helpful for one question?

It just seems a bit too "everyone's a winner" for mine. Because everyone is not a winner. This is life, not some kind of merry go round where every horse wins first prize.
There should be only one most helpful answer in my opinion.

It's not like sports where there are separate competitions for males and females because of physical differences, these are just questions and answers.

Agree or disagree?

• Agree
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is. I voted A. But I'm happy that we now have two MHOs (for each gender) because there are so many horndogs who give MHOs to good looking girls only, no matter how great your answer is. That killed the purpose of Q/A sites. Girls having big boobs, cleavage pics, cute face, big thighs used to have high MHO% but now, we ingenious guys can get some appreciation for our indepth and perspicacious input on questions.

What Girls Said 6

• s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...b1ce12fb7a.jpg

Oh oh oh I nearly got it.. Nearly got it

• I don't mind the selection of two mho's. There are some advantages in this feature, my opinion gets a chance to be selected as mho (and earn xper) if a guy's opinion was selected, and I can pick two if I think two opinions are equally good. Yes 2 mho's has its advantages, but on the other hand though, there could only be one**. There could only be one winner. Just like in a reality show competition, at the end only one wins. Why would the constants fight their way to the final? What makes it so special? Because there is only ONE winner. Same thing goes for here, mho isn't as special as it was before when there was only one. It kind of lost it's value. That's why there is an expression like "the one and only". When you are chosen to be the best along with someone else, you are not really the best because you are not any better than the person who was also chosen the winner or best.

• Then just pick one MH if it bothers you so much. Nobody is forcing us to pick two...

• But it makes you feel obliged

• Doesn't make me feel obliged. I usually wait until the last possible minute to pick MH before the system does it for me (like I wait until they bug me). I don't care about picking MH sooner unless one answer blows the others out of the water.

• no women and men respond differently it shows with the most helpful persons

• I am not sure what could possibly be construed as homosexual about that...

• How is that gay? Like at all?

And guys and girls have different ways of looking at things, having one for each gets the most helpful opinion of both sides to the top.

• Sure they have different ways but there's still gonna be a best opinion so why limit it to genders when you think the other advice is better. Also you know it was metaphorical 'gay'.

• I don't mean gay in the literal

What Guys Said 9

• I don't see how it's gay. Men and women tend to think very differently. Obviously everyone has his/her own opinion so everyone is different already. But the difference in gender is even greater. Best opinion from both genders seems good to me. Don't see anything gay about it.

• I agree that it doesn't really add anything to segregate the Most Helpful award by gender. Whichever opinion is best should just be it, regardless of the gender of the person who gave it.

• My bone of contention is that one gender might have 24 opinions and the MHO for that gender is well earned and the other gender has one "Meh, I dunno" which gets MHO.

• Better to just have the option open than not have it at all.

• Well I don't think it should be most helpful male and female but sometimes there can be 2 really good answers and they both deserve credit so I wouldn't be against 2 best opinions but no need for gender seems kind of like PC bullshit.

• Ok I see what you're saying there, like still two most helpful answers but not necessarily assigned to both genders as a rule.
      Yeah, I disagree because it's still on the merry go round of dreams.

• NAH cos there's sometimes two really really good answers that are like same quality I'm not saying you have to give both the mho just it's an option.

• Maybe like an honorary mention as well as the MHO where the person gets half the exper of an MHO.
      I do sort of like the idea of not necessarily having to assign them to each gender though

• yeah it´s a little sexist. why should a "most helpful" answer be associated with gender at all? it´s about the content of the answer not about the owner having a dick or a vagina.

• Everything about this website is "kinda gay". It's a relationship advice site and there's pink in the logom

• What are you trying to say?

• Well you can just select one MHO you dont have to givethem both away.