Are people on g@g racist?

I notice all the time from my short time on this site. I saw a question on Harriet Tubman being put on the 20, and there were some low key racist opinions about how it is "wrong" for her to be on there or how it's because the "SJWs and black people demanded it" yadda yadda yadda.

Also I notice how black, Asian, and Middle Eastern women get much lower ratings on How Do I Look questions compared to white girls, which is just wrong because some of those girls are beautiful and it sucks that the skin color suddenly deems them as not as beautiful.

Then there are the low key racist people who try to cover up their hate as "facts" and "statistics" when it is quite obvious that they are racist.

I may be wrong but do any of you notice this pattern?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, and the racists tend to be the black girls. Never noticed, or never cared to notice? Always bringing up race when it's not even part of the topic, or hating on white chicks because they're white.
    I also like it how GAG mods tend to leave up posts hating on white people but are quick to pull those hating on blacks. Either you keep both, or delete both.

The examples you provided aren't racist though.
    1) Tubman shouldn't be on the bill, not because she's black, but because she didn't do as much for the US as others. Hell, if you really wanna have a black woman, Rosa Parks deserves it more.

2) Maybe people on here just find white girls more attractive? Now you're gonna tell me it's racist to have a preference... hmm I wonder if instead of white girls getting the highest ratings, it was black girls... I bet you wouldn't have a complaint, huh?

You're just noticing a pattern while ignoring the other more obvious patterns.

• 1. She led slaves out of the north to freedom how is that not doing enough

2. I don't care that you have "preferences" but it is rude to call a black girl or whatever race of girl ugly because they do not fit that preference. I asked a How Do I Look question a while ago and I felt like dying afterwards because a bunch of men and even some women called me ugly and it was because I was black. Sure some people thought I was pretty but it still hurt. Nobody does that to white girls at times.

I think most black women are insecure because society always shits on us and tells us we aren't beautiful, special, or anything and it really hurts. so we hide these insecurities behind toughness

You don't know how much it hurts to be told you are ugly

I hope u hear me out

• So you don't want honesty, but kindness.

• Yes😶

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 25

• Well skin color is quite a large fraction of your overall body, so it makes sense that its qualities influence the total score. As someone who is generally more likely to be attracted to someone the paler their skin is, obviously it matters in the end and there's nothing I can do about it, nor do I really want to, really. I trust my instincts regarding attraction.

• Well don't give people lower ratings because of their skin color which is something that cannot be helped

• If they want my subjective score, that's part of it.

• "Also I notice how black, Asian, and Middle Eastern women get much lower ratings on How Do I Look questions compared to white girls, which is just wrong because some of those girls are beautiful and it sucks that the skin color suddenly deems them as not as beautiful."

I like how you only mentioned women. Fuck your hypocrisy. Those women still get dozens of replies from men telling them they are attractive. What about the many non white guys and non light skinned guys in their How Do I Look questions? These guys almost get no replies from women on here. It's as if the guys have to be either really white, really light skinned, or black in some cases if he's shirtless in order for girls to answer their questions. And that includes non white girls too who just usually choose to answer white guys, really light skinned guys, and sometimes shirtless black guys while completely ignoring guys of other races.

• Cuz I notice it from guys I never really noticed the women being racist

No need to be rude. I made a mistake. I notice how the women are racist against Indian guys.

You do not have to curse at me.

• I'm not racist. I look at everyone the same. Black, Asian, Indian and normal people are all equal in my eyes.

• Good you're a good one 👍

• I am anything but racist. My friend @Iron_Man.

• i think there is racism on GaG just like there is racism in society.

• Maybe but I am not sure.

• There are racists here, yes. Some openly antagonistic racists, and some passive-aggressive racists who tiptoe around it and pretend they're not.

• You were fine until the end there. Everything else is an opinion to which you're entitled. Then you lost the plot.

"Facts" and "statistics" as you put it, are not hate. They are reality. That you jump to obvious racism when someone puts forth a fact speaks volumes. You seem to think that either reality is racist, or people who point out realities are racist. Neither is true. If you disagree, I'd love to hear your reasoning.

• So what if black people commit crimes more? Are you one to generalize the entire black population? Because if you do that is racist

• Kind of depends on what you're talking about. If you're talking about shaping public policy, yeah. That's routinely done through generalizations because that's the only way.

• Racism is over-rated and over-discussed. People nowadays get offended at anything. I wouldn't really say people are racists.

• I am not are you?

• for the how do I look section, makes sense that other races would be rated lower. I think the majority of people on gag are white.

• Non white girls have it way better than non white guys though on how do I look section. Girls of all races here usually just choose to ignore the guys if they aren't either white or really light skinned.

• Still does not give them authority to look over other races of people

• Everyone is racist. You, me, and them- everyone.

It's simply the way living creatures work. We like things that are known and that which is not common or known is disagreeable to some extent or another.

• Lots of racists on the internet. Lots of courage when they got thousands of miles and anonymity to protect their venomous thoughts.

I think Youtube comments are probably the worst though.

• Being racist= Not kissing your ass?

• How is being tactful kissing ass

• Depends on if you are using the word racist to shame or attack people for having points of views you just don't like.

• There are a handful of racist users on here sadly, bigotry wormed its way on here somehow.

• I see it a lot then they hide the racism behind preference

• They do its sad that they have such narrow and blind views

• There are some racists here, sure. But not any more than any other site on the web.

• of course we can all say what we want and nobody can do shit about it that's the beauty of the internet and I don't know what a low key racist opinion is its either racist or its not

• This site is full of many types of people.

• Yeah, I have observed it too

• Yes of course they are, that's what they do all the time.

• there's probably a few not many

• Yes I noticed like two guys on here who are racist

• racism will always be here so we either kill them off or deal with it lol
      only 2 choices

• there's being racist and then there's having preferences...

• Still rude to call someone who is not your "preference" race ugly or something.

I posted a question a while ago and a bunch of snobs were like
      "Ohhh you're black that's ugly" and whatever

• Now that ill agree with. Thays outright wrong

• america is racist duuh.

• If you are an SJW, everyone is racist except your fellow poor SJWs.

• Only right wing racists say that

• Plenty yes and getting so sick of the "swj" crap. Yeah we are supposed to hate because it's cool and the "right" wing thing to do.

What Girls Said 13

• Yes. This is a social website with people from all countries and all different walks of life being able to post. It represents your general society. The same way there are racist people in your society, there are racist people on here too.

• yes we are lol

• People everywhere can be racist, it isn't exclusive to G@G.

• Of course I just noticed it on here :)

• You'll see it everywhere. I've seen racist posts about white people on here as well, believe it or not. It's pretty much just up to you to filter it out unfortunately.

• i don't think they're racist, they're just rude. also they probably have a lower standard for beauty within in their own race whereas other ones fit into a harsher scale. I don't know, i haven't noticed much racists maybe 2 and like 1 self hater but the rest are alright

• there's one in every crowd n this is a pretty damn big crowd lol

• Yes I have noticed. The men tend to be more racist than the women. It's pretty stupid.

• How so? Men are just pretty open about it. Women are straight up low key with their continuous generalizations. Especially against Indian guys and other guys. Even in how do I look questions, guys are willing to answer a girl's question no matter what race or skin color she is and dozens compliment but when it comes to guys asking a how do I look question, he has to be either white, really light skinned, or in some cases black if the guy is shirtless and muscular in order to replies from girls in his how do I look question. If the guy is brown or dark skinned Indian, Asian, or brown or dark skinned guy of any other race not including black then his chances of getting girls to answer his how do I look question is almost none. As if only white guys, really light skinned guys, and in some cases black guys are worthy of being replied to regarding their looks. This includes non white girls too who choose to only reply to these guys while completely ignore guys of other races and skin color.

• This website is full of all types of prejudice just like the rest of the Internet.

• some people are

• There are racists everywhere.

• Some are not and some are, it all depends on the GAGer

• I've seen it too

• I hope not :/

• Im new here and if it is ture, I must leave :/

• Don't leave because of them boo just ignore :*