Who Else Is Tired of Moderators Putting Word Limits On Shit?

I was trying to start an interesting debate on the infamous Family Guy episode "Not All Dogs Go To Heaven". As I hit the preview and ask button, I was told it was "too long or too short".

Wtf?

Moderators, if you're going to set word limits (which I think is stupid in the first place), the least you can do is educate me on WHY you think it's too long or too short. And pick ONE. It can't be both! A point is only as presise as it's length. So if I precisely made my point, then why the hell should I lengthen it or shorten it? If you ask me, word limits just keep people from fully elaborating their point. It's one thing to want elaboration on something that's vague but when you demand I shorten or lengthen it, that pisses me off.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• ... not as tired as I am from people getting themselves in a tizzy with this constant bitching about how moderators wrongly froze an account, removed a post, etc., as if we even have a say in things such as the rules for what's unacceptable in a post, or the word limits.
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#9

• Well if that's the case than I sincerely apologize. I was just frustrated as this has happened a few times with my posts (not on here but on other sites). My post wasn't meant to offend but to try to get an opinion and maybe a solution.

Again, most sincere apologies.😰

• who the fuck gave u the impression that mods have anything to do with that?

• Mods don't have anything to do with the word limit on anything. That's set by the site's admins and what they feel is appropriate.

• Newsflash: moderators don't have anything to do with words limits and such. Try again.

• Gag rules gets on my nerves sometimes, but even I know that moderators do not have anything to do with word count

Mods do not control that shit

• :O happy... square.. pants

• Yeah weird ass name I know. In a rush for a screenname (as my old phone was acting up), I hastily and unwittingly came up with "Happy SquarePants", which is supposed yo be a reference to both SpongeBob's character and clothing.

• Yes ik sponge bob kk

• Oh ok. My bad.

• Thats not the mods, thats just how the site is set up and run...

• In Beavis's Voice: "Well it sucks! The people on this site should like, um, do better and stuff. 'Cause it's not cool that Butthead and I have word limits on important things. Especially scoring! Meh heh heh heh.

What Guys Said 4

• Bro, moderators just moderate the site means hide negative posts.
    Developers put the limits, not mods.
    You could contact the admins for any quarries here :- http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact
    Good luck :)

• moderators don't set word limits dude. the site does. moderators only makes sure questions and conversations are civil

• I know, sometimes there are times when I need all those characters to explain something in very fine detail for it to make sense. When I have to start editing down to summarize, it loses the reader, I believe many a times is why I don't get many replies as I think I ought too especially if it is a interesting post etc.

• Yeah. It could be REALLY frustrating. A point is only as good as it's length. But I wrongfully blamed the mods rather than do research on who controls the full site.

• What I'm annoyed about is when staff ask silly question, which would have been removed if a regular user asked them, and then award MHO to another staff member, just to raise his/her MHO percentage

• Staff? When?

• That really happens? Wow. Sound uber shitty dude. And hypocritical.

• That was a question for beta testing. They accidentally posted it on the real site instead of the another to test some features.