Why do people overreact?

It's like they skip being rational and thinking logically. Then straight to sounding like a mouth-breather and bitch the person out just because they said something that is a sensitive topic. Do they bother to stop and wonder if that person is doing it as a joke? That or they truly are curious? This is a huge problem on gag and people need to seriously grow a pair.

• They are looking to chew someone out
    19% (5)10% (1)17% (6)Vote
  • repressed emotions
    27% (7)30% (3)28% (10)Vote
  • They react before thinking
    42% (11)50% (5)44% (16)Vote
  • None of the above (explain)
    12% (3)10% (1)11% (4)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
6|9

Most Helpful Guy

• *Wheels in my pair in a wheel barrow* Oh hi there. :v
    It's because some people wouldn't know a joke if it came up a dick-slapped them in the face lol. People are too easily offended these days that even comedians feel the sting from even the most harmless of jokes... it's quite silly really.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it's simple and not simple: there are folks who are damaged on the inside in some way. Either they have reason to be sensitive, or they weren't raised with a sturdy pair of balls, so when people crack jokes about things they find offensive they lose it.

Also, there's people who just LOVE being offended. Why? Gives them a reason to be an asshole for a "righteous" reason.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• They tend to overreact because they get impulsive and react before they think.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because of poor problem solving skills and poor impulse control - so, D

1|0
    0|0
  • people dont think about the repercussions. they are keyboard warriors. They think "Oh nothing can happen to me" like giving a cell number out without authorization.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most people are emotional and, therefore, not logical. This might relate to their intelligence level as most logical folk rate well above the average IQ.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what they're reacting to, and often their personality as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why are you overreacting to their overreacting?

2|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Meaning if they delete what you said.

• No, you can say whatever you want to say. And they can react to that in whatever way they want to react, as long as it's legal.

• Because people are crazy! (People are stupid too!) Thus, I voted they react before thinking.

1|0
    0|0
  • they are crazy

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• They react before thinking

1|0
    0|0
  • My ex use to do this.. He would take everything SO damn seriously. I meant things as a JOKE. I'm the pragmatic and logical one and he's the overly sensitive buttbrain. Ugh, it's painful.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most people are just reacting without thinking things through fully, I guess.

1|0
    0|0
  • People not thinking logically and taking things too seriously? That's just human nature.

1|0
    0|0
  • a lot of people don't think thy just react

1|0
    0|0