Why do people overreact?

It's like they skip being rational and thinking logically. Then straight to sounding like a mouth-breather and bitch the person out just because they said something that is a sensitive topic. Do they bother to stop and wonder if that person is doing it as a joke? That or they truly are curious? This is a huge problem on gag and people need to seriously grow a pair.

• They are looking to chew someone out
  • repressed emotions
  • They react before thinking
  • None of the above (explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• *Wheels in my pair in a wheel barrow* Oh hi there. :v
    It's because some people wouldn't know a joke if it came up a dick-slapped them in the face lol. People are too easily offended these days that even comedians feel the sting from even the most harmless of jokes... it's quite silly really.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it's simple and not simple: there are folks who are damaged on the inside in some way. Either they have reason to be sensitive, or they weren't raised with a sturdy pair of balls, so when people crack jokes about things they find offensive they lose it.

Also, there's people who just LOVE being offended. Why? Gives them a reason to be an asshole for a "righteous" reason.

What Guys Said 8

• They tend to overreact because they get impulsive and react before they think.

• Because of poor problem solving skills and poor impulse control - so, D

• people dont think about the repercussions. they are keyboard warriors. They think "Oh nothing can happen to me" like giving a cell number out without authorization.

• Most people are emotional and, therefore, not logical. This might relate to their intelligence level as most logical folk rate well above the average IQ.

• It depends on what they're reacting to, and often their personality as well.

• Why are you overreacting to their overreacting?

• Meaning if they delete what you said.

• No, you can say whatever you want to say. And they can react to that in whatever way they want to react, as long as it's legal.

• Because people are crazy! (People are stupid too!) Thus, I voted they react before thinking.

• they are crazy

What Girls Said 5

• They react before thinking

• My ex use to do this.. He would take everything SO damn seriously. I meant things as a JOKE. I'm the pragmatic and logical one and he's the overly sensitive buttbrain. Ugh, it's painful.

• Most people are just reacting without thinking things through fully, I guess.

• People not thinking logically and taking things too seriously? That's just human nature.

• a lot of people don't think thy just react