Would you take advice from the younger G@Gers?

#kitkatalie Would you take advice from a G@Ger under 18? Do you pay attention to age on G@G?

Most Helpful Guy

• I read and interpret "under 18" gag users' opinions the same as everyone else. I do my best not to discriminate.

• That's great :)

• That I agree with and that I do myself.

• Didn't see the last part. I some what agree.
      With experience comes wisdom.
      I can give advice on how to knit a shirt , but someone who has actually done it may provide more detail and insight.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 34

• There are some wise af younger (from my vantage point anyways) members here sis, like @aledeeurope for example

• If what they said made sense yes. I've heard some really smart things said by the youth of today...
    Then I logged onto FB...
    static.knowyourmobile.com/.../...rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg
    But seriously, if you make sense of course I'll listen.

• Yes good advice is good advice. And hell i'm closer to them (hobbies/mind wise) than I am some 35+ GAGer LOL.

• It depends really on the quality of the advice and not so much the age of the adviser. There are certain lessons I've learned before that due to age get lost in the years. So when someone like @SweetHomicidalQueen offers advice I am more keen to hear it. Who I was at 16 shares some common traits with her (while not all, never really big on stuffed animals) that are good to remember. I did listen to MissNowhere and WhatTheHellAmy when they spoke, each for different reasons. M. N. always came with logical advice and W. T. H. A. brought a fun outlook on very random things. So I don't pay attention to age when they offer advice and the only time it does matter is when they ask "How do I look?" which I avoid out right.

• I would like to think I would if it made sense and if they went through something similiar despite them being young but to be honest being older I tend to dimiss more.

• if i ever asked for advice, and it was sound, then yes.

• Depends on the topic. Anything that requires advice based on personal experience, I would discount their input considerably. But anything opinion based would still hold it's same weight.

• This is the only user I would open my ears to she's super smart for her age and has wisdom at an early age.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/user/nert73

• I always apply the same criteria when receiving advice, no matter their age.

• don't mind age , if the advice was good then no problem .

• TBH no I do not. And I don't think that adults r flawed in doing that either.

We have not had as near many experiences as they had.

• That is true, but if it is good advice (regardless of experience), I would take it.

• People under 21 I consider automatically, including myself, less reliable

• Yeah in general that's true.

• Not on sex questions for obvious reasons. But anything else sure. Just nothing on a dating or sexual category

• I stopped taking advice from GAG three years ago.

• This will be interesting.

• I do not pay attention to age.

• age doesn't define maturity so i yes i would

• Yep
    Why not 😶?

• Unless I can vouch they are super genius I won't tbh.

• Duhhhhhh if it was respectful of course

• Like everyone else on, I only take advice from them if they have modern views.

• If they know more than me on the subject, of course. No brainer.
    If they're just trying to act smart, I usually just ignore it.

• if it seems like logical advice in my eyes then yes

• If they know what they are talking about yes I will take their advice

• Nope

• nope, i don't mind taking advice from any G@Ger unless there's no logic and they aren't being rude.

• depends. if its good advice sure.

• Nope

• I would not because they have no idea what it is like to be an adult and pay real bills versus maybe, at best, their cell phone with some awkward part-time job.

• Most questions on here aren't related to paying bills, so that isn't really relevant.

• No... if they are stupid enough to post child porn on selfies then they aren't worth taking advice from

• Um... not all of us have posted child porn selfies... some of us actually have common sense.

• Obviously I pay attention to the age of any and all users. Would I take their advice? If they had solid real world advice that was sound , and would work for my situation heck yes I would. At present that has not happened.

• More from Guys
    4

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 28

• I value opinions from those 18 and up.
    But from children, I value them as well.
    However, I learn the younger someone is the more they say things that sound correct societal wise.
    I can definitely tell the difference in advice when someone is a bit older, because I can see they aren't just telling me what sounds good, they're giving me hard core knowledge based on their experience.
    That's something you pretty much usually get with age.
    Younger people tend to sound a bit rehearsed.

• It's highly unlikely that I'll take what they have to say into consideration.

Especially if they're anonymous. I see the "under 18" and automatically think they're 13 (no offense) and taking advice from them would be like taking advice from my siblings who are 14. And there's no way my siblings could possibly tell me anything I don't already know or haven't already considered. I have much more life experience.

• I understand where you are coming from, but not everyone who is young have no life experience. I might be 13, but I have a 30% MHO which is higher than a lot of people who are older on G@G. So my advice must be helpful haha

• Or you say what people want to hear.

Gag doesn't reflect real life lol

• In some cases, yeah lol

• Yes. I have had some great advice from @dipsy. He is a very , loyal , compassionate, sincere and intelligent guy.

The younger people of G@G are just as beneficial to this community as the older generations

• Nope! No way kiddos!

• Depends on if it's actually good advice.

• Yes, depending on the advice. Just because they're younger than me it doesn't mean they can't give good advice or they can't be wise.

• I pay attention to advice from everyone. I just haven't asked a serious question in a long time.

• Yeah why not!!

• not on dating or sex. on the other questions I take their opinions into consideration.

• Most likely, no. Only because they have no real life experiences, however, I would welcome them if they are willing to share their thoughts.

• Some of them do. I have many personal real life experiences such as dealing with chronic illnesses and loss of family members and such, so I would be able to help people in certain categories.

• Sure I would.

• I wanna hear all of these...
    Plus, age doesn't matter when it comes to wisdom. You can be 40 years old and give really horrible advice yet you can be 13 and give really good advice.

• totally, even little kids at primary level can be extremely wise.

• Spread the word. This person is a catfish. Just got done talking to them on kik. They sent me pictures and did a google reverse and found every single one of the. Alys_sah is a catfish. And now has blocked me on here because I figured it out.

• HIGHTLY doubtful as I rarely take advice from anyone, especially irl :P

• Yep, age is irrelevant.

• If it was good advice I would take it. And yes I do pay attention to the age

• I have before yes 👍🏻

• If they have good advice, why not

• Sure why not. I neither pay any attention to the age.

• I don't know depends on how good it is

• I think anyone who's smart would listen to everyone's opinions and not care about age.

• Depends, but I do pay attention to the age.

• Yes and i usually go and listen to older than me not younger than me.

• Depends on the question. If its in regards to the perspective of issues from children or teens, then yes.

• Yes i would

• don't pay attention to age but to experience.
    Some do or say reasonable things and it's good to have multiple opinions to make up your mind or see things from a different angle

1 private opinion(s)