Is reporting a user for insulting a person in private messages enough to get the attention from the moderators team?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I would say that you are doing the right thing by stating this to the moderators... but weather it is enough to get them to take action.. that I do not know because this to me is a very different kind of site then most I have been on.. what I would suggest to you tho is once you have alerted the mods to your complaint.. block this person out.. it may be a bit crude but this insensitive person then can no longer use you as his personal door mat.. take care and I do hope all down the road works out for you

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• I don't know what you said to the guy but be careful if you copy your messages to an admin, you may seem to be antagonistic and they may freeze your account. The response he gave you doesn't sound as if it was for nothing, my guess is he just didn't like your opinion. Insults are insults, not everyone is going to agree with you, I've had my fair share and haven't reported anyone for it, I think for me that I'm doing something right as this place was designed to be a debate, some people can't handle debates well.

• I've flat out insulted the administrators a good 100 times before they banned an account. People squabble and quarrel on this site all the time. If the admins cared about all the drama they'd be institutionalized in less than a week. If you don't want to hear from the person then block them. If you don't want messages from them, then only accept messages from people you follow. Bitching about it isn't going to change the person you hate.

• The reported user will be reviewed by the admins of the site.

• Why don't you just block them?

• because it's just hiding the problem, not stopping it.

• That's what I'm going to do, I just wanted to do a little more.

• "And Turkish and Indian dudes.."
      Yeah block me asker 😑

• Talk to the admin @redrain... she is very helpful

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• Hello. All reports are handled by admin staff accordingly. You also do have the option to block users who are bothering you. Just go to their profile and click the "block" button to the left of the orange follow button. This will prevent the user from contacting you in any way.

• Hi! You can report any activity that violates the community guidelines. If you're being harrassed by a user on private messages, you can report them and block them too so that they can no longer contact you!
    I hope it, helped. Feel free to contact me if you need further info.

• The mods cannot see private messages or opinions. Only the admins have the ability to see those. If you're constantly being harassed through one of those ways, even after reporting the user, contact the admins. These two below are awesome and very helpful.

@xHoneyxBeex
    @RedRain

• Moderators don't actually see who is getting reported, so I'm sorry to say you can't be helped by us on that front. Reports go directly to the site administrators, so you would be better off reporting the person and then contacting the admins with your concerns. You can only report people once so if they continue to bother you, block them or allow messages from people you follow only.

• I would suggest talking to an admin.

• just block em or just let it be, i recently got insulted for not being interested in a guy in my inbox then he immediately blocked right after and it just made me lol

• Make a screen shot of the messages for evidence if you need to report him or her for harassment.

• Yes, they will warn the user and freeze their account if they keep doing it