Have you written a MyTake on here?

So I've been on this site for four years now and I never have. I think mostly because I would never know what to write about. Though I have been toying with an idea for one recently.

For those who haven't: Would you ever write one?

For those who have: How many have you written? Do you enjoy writing them? And is there any advice you would give fellow Gaggers who haven't written any but may want to in the future?

• I have not written one but I might!
  • Haven't written one, don't want to.
  • I've written a MyTake before!
  • I'm just here for the results.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I've written 40 mytakes since I've joined gag. I did get editor at one point but after getting editor was when I couldn't think of anything to write about. So I ended up losing it, and now I write when ever I get a good idea and can focus. Still I don't think I'm good at writing them at all.

The most comments I ever gotten on a mytake. Was when I compared differences and similarities between living in the USA vs Europe. Seems like the best way to get a lot of comments, is to write something that will make people bitch.

• I have 1 saved in my drafts atm. That way I won't forget the name and what I want it to be about. I just haven't gotten around to working on it and just being a lazy bum at starting it. :D

• Definitely write it because it will get a lot of peoples attention.

• I think I will!

What Guys Said 23

• Several. Though, I have little way of knowing how many read them, or benefit from them.

I seem to be a magnet for trolls, who scare away everyone else, making it hard for me to follow up my takes with an intelligent discourse with much of anyone. And there's only so many lines I can throw before some of these posters betray that they're just trolling. At which point, I have to let the thread die, lest I exhaust myself feeding them.

They've really ruined a lot of my attempts at rational debate. But I still try, for the benefit those few who do still read, even if they're too scared to comment.

• Only one, but no one ever read it apart from two people that sometimes stalk my profile.

I guess even when people see profiles, they rarely go to the takes. They usually just see the bio and questions.. if that.
    I mention the profile thing, cause it never got promoted and nobody reads those lost ones

• No, I have not written mytake here, I don't have any plans to write one also, at least not for a long time.

• I'd written several "articles" which were featured on the main page under the old layout. I have since submitted one. I'm working on one right now. I'm hoping to have it up sometime within the next week or so.

• No, and don't want to. I just don't have anything interesting to write about.

• 1|0
  • I did once, but it wasn't something I wanted to write about. I want to wipe something about giving advice and or something really funny... Or both 😁

• I have written a lot check them out, there are interesting.

• Never wrote one, but I might. :-D

• Well I've tried and submitted a my take one time but ended up being told it's not a my take and they took it down

• I would like to, and I've been thinking about doing so for a while now, but I feel like nobody gives a shit about the topic I want to discuss.

• yes i have written one or two but usually dont get many responses

• I've written 27

• I'm not much of a writer, but I've been intending to write one about responsible sex and parenting for a while now. Unfortunately, I'm a committed procrastinator, so who knows when it will actually happen.

• Have written 9 so far, with one of them being anonymous.

• I've written 70 on here so far as I know

• I have written two so far. Video game stuff mainly as thats what i feel i know best lol

• Not yet, but I certainly want to. Especially about animes.

But that needs time and care AND especially my approval, which is really hard to get.

• Why would I want to do that?

• I have made many

• I have but no one pays attention to me lol

What Girls Said 25

• Write something from experience or insightful and researched or perhaps something that pevokes the toughts of other gag'ers.. in much the sameway you just asked this question just have a well thought idea with some depthi won't hurt to be a little out of the box and leftfield either mainstream mytakes are looked at like you are just going over old ground

• This was my first take a few days ago:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a27429-four-ingredient-nutella-mug-cake-recipe-for-the-ultimate-lazy-person
    My love of writing has finally surpassed my fear of negative comments, so I'm gonna keep on writing! :P

• I haven't written one. I've been asked by a couple people why I haven't. I guess I feel like I don't have anything original to share. It's possible I'll write one, one day!

• I haven't written one. If I could think of anything to write about, then I'd give it a go :P

• I've written a MyTake before!

• I wrote one, but never got promoted :P

stupid GAG

I've seen worse things being promoted, and I am not being arrogant here. I have seen amazing MyTakes, far better than the one I wrote, but I have also seen some very iffy ones -__-

• I've been here for 6 years and I also never wrote a MyTake.
    But I've been thinking about writing one, I just don't know what I will write.

• I've written a Mytake before! 15 in total 😁

• I have written three. I intend to write more. I had to take a break from writing them because of school. I have 10 days off starting Thursday and might try to write a few in that time. I enjoy writing them if I have the time.

• Haha only 97 :)

• I've written 2. I might write another one.

• I've only written one. I've been planning to write another one but I've been delaying it for a long time.

Just be detailed, add some humor, and make it easy to read.

• Yes I wrote one about maybe a year ago.

• I have written around 30-35 on just this account and this is my second account.

• Don't want too. I wouldn't know where to start.

• No yet, but I would write one somewhere in time🕛and I wonder when that day would come :- )

• I have written one before

• Nope.

• Seven so far 😁

• Plenty

• just here for the results

• I would like to write one but still looking for inspiration

• Please give me a chance, I haven't been here a week yet! :)

• No never. Just joined yesterday!

• Haven't written one, don't want to.