Do you think the "How Do I Look" topic should be abolished?

Though I admit to finding this section entertaining upon occasion and having asked a couple questions there myself, it is home to some of the most empty-headed people on GaG, and there's no shortage of competition for that. The same questions are often asked repeatedly, by the same or different offenders, within a single twenty-four hour period. Newsflash, simians: there's a search bar at the top of the screen where you can see the response to that same query the past 483,951 times.

I get that some people have legitimate questions about their style or appearance, but it's largely stuff like "Will I die alone because I have small tits?" or "I feel fat, am I fat?" *attached picture of skeletal teen girl with perfect facial features*

What say you, Gaggers? Do you really care what nationality the formless blob in the badly-taken photograph is? Are you really going to vote "average" in the self-conscious dude's poll, even though his face could curdle milk and terrify small children? Comment below.

• Yes. Bunch of vain bastards.
  • No. srs body image issues r srs.
  • Other/see results
  • Hillary 2016: Make Pantsuits Great Again

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that topic is necessary, so I'm in if they decided to remove that topic but at the same time I'm not really bothered by it. I block the topic if I ever see way too many "How Do I Look" questions on my feed.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's their playground. Otherwise they'd be all over the site. Thus keep it.

What Girls Said 11

• It absolutely should. It's only used to exploit teen and female bodies and facilitate catfishing.

• I dunno about the "exploitation" part, since it's not some random pervert uploading the pics (given they're actually the uploader's pics) but I agree on the catfishing situation.

• Well if GaG actually did that maybe we would be having a different conversation.

• You're wasting your time Asker, this one believes everything should be done for her and that everybody is responsible for her actions.

• Two years or so ago, people begged for a topic where they could have their pics rated, so this was the result, lol. I've just blocked the topic but some of them still trickle through.

It only bothers me that there have been minors posting suggestive photos in there. I remember a while ago there was a 16 year old girl who posted a nude photo of herself, but it stayed up because the way she posed covered her breasts and vagina. And all these adult guys and some women were basically drooling over it. It was disturbing.

• GaG seems to have no problem as long as genitalia are fully covered. I once saw a guy post a picture of his uncovered dong there, but it only lasted a couple minutes before mods killed his question.

• If you're wearing a bathing suit, I'm cool with that. Their rule about covered genitalia is there to prevent Google and other search engines flagging this site as a porno graphic site. This chick was wearing NOTHING but since no privates were visible, it stayed up. She was sitting and had her legs crossed and turned her body so you just got some side boob.

• Heh. I guess it passes then.

• Yes, I don't think it's healthy.

• nah, you can't just go and ban something cuz you don't like it. Lol
    I don't like that section either, hardly ever wander there but it's not like I think it should be banned

• I don't even go near that topic so I wouldn't notice if they got rid it. I can't help but think all the people who post there are just fishing for compliments.

• I does serve a helpful purpose here and there, but I see your point. You can block that topic, though, if you don't prefer to see the questions anymore.

• It's not as though it personally bothers me, but I just see it as unnecessary clutter.

• It does*

Ah, yes, but many users still offer up photos, so I'm sure it'll be around for a while.

• This made me laugh XD *mostly abiut terrifying small children*

Umm. Its better to have an option/choice to post things in that section, than not at all.

• Yes absolutely yes.

• Vote B
    =
    Its harmless and fast validation.
    Those who don't want to respond, don't have to.

• noo, thats the only special thing this site has haha

• You do know you can block the "How Do I Look" topic. Or did GAG change that again?

• I'm aware. As I've said in other opinion replies, it doesn't bother me personally, but it does create some unnecessary clutter and attract people more vapid than GaG's standard posters, who spread to other topics as well.

What Guys Said 11

• Why should anyone give a damn that you think their questions are inane? Why should any girl, who decides for whatever reason, that she wants to throw her tits up here for people to rate out of 10, care that you are uptight and are sick of bra and bikini shots?

If you find the "How do I look?" section, as it is, to be a section unworthy of your time, don't go there. Trying to get an active section shut down because you don't think it is being used as well as you think it could be used is stupid. Get over yourself.

• I imagine it generates the most traffic on the site, so they won't remove it.

• I get your point but I think it was used to replace the reality check feature from a long time ago so people can get feedback.

• I think people should grow up a bit and learn to just keep scrolling : ). I don't drive through a forest and say, "MAN! Another tree? They should be abolished". I just accept it and move on.

• If you get rid of it then you will have those questions pop up in other categories, so i say leave it.

If you don't want to see those questions you can block the category entirely

• yah take away away more stuff.

what problem does this solve? fewer annoyed regulars?

• Sorta, i dont think its health for some people on gag... then again live your lives and ill live mine. its not my business

• Make Pantsuits Great Again!

• God, yes. It just encourages a bunch of chicks to flaunt their egos. Nobody gives a shit.

• I think half of GAG should be abolished. This is in that half, yes.

• It's entertaining and some people really need to know if they should change something in their appearance