Why is it that most of our followers are the opposite sex?

I'm not saying that in a bad way, just out of sheer intrigue and curiosity. On all the sites I've been on I get way more females who add me or friend me than I do guys, about 90% of the time. When I was on Experience Project all but 3 or 4 were guys in my circle. On here its the same way, more females than males. What makes us have more of the opposite sex in our circles?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think we're usually more interested in what the opposite sex has to say. I tend to hold more respect toward the view points and ideas of men than I do women. Guys seem more sensible to me so I'd prefer to follow them than other women. I think if you're a heterosexual person that should make sense. Women should value the ideas and opinions of men more than other women and men should value and appreciate the ideas and opinions of women than other men.

• I can say that I think there are some things now in my life that women think that I can understand more, yeah. Though a lot of times I feel as if I'm neutral to a lot of viewpoints from both guys and girls, which I guess is why a lot of my ideas are so different from theirs.

• Well it is good to have your own mindset and be able to think from a neutral perspective. I think a lot of people can't see past themselves, and on here that is mostly concerning their gender. Too many women on here can't see past being female to actually understand the concerns of men and too many men on here can't see past being male to understand the concerns of women.

• Thank you for MH! :)

What Girls Said 7

• We are usually trying to understand the opposite sex. Their questions interest us. We can help from the other point of view. If we are in a relationship with our opposite sex, we want to decode their actions... with help from other guys/girls!!

• Could be that majority of girls like what you say or maybe u comment on mostly girl questions, or both. :) And the same reason could be for girls who have more guy followers.

• cause they wanna bang u, let's be honest and the same sex are just genuinely interested in ur online friendship.

• well its is Girls Ask Guy's so it would be weird if all the girls followed girls and all the guys followed guys

• Mines is even!

• I think it is because we like the responses you give to questions we think men can't answer

• I am an exception lol I followed more girls than guys :P

What Guys Said 5

• Its simple, most guys dont like to follow other guys because they are more interested in interacting with girls.

I see some users are trying to use the explanation that people want to get to know the opposite sex better. Thats a complete bullshit. The follow feature on this web site in particular has no functionality. You can understand the opposite gender without following them.

• Because this is Girls ask Guys, Guys ask Girls. The premise is that you are looking for a valuable opinion from the opposite sex. It's not Guys ask Guys or Girls ask Girls.

• But I mean other sites too, not just here.

• Because you usually know what those of your own sex think from your peer groups. You're looking for insight from the opposite sex. You don't need to follow your own sex.

• you follow girls, they follow back
    also, the opposite sex is usually more interesting...

• Lol, We had a discussion on this on apple fan1 's post.
    Well mine is opposite.

• Because its girl's ask guys/ guys ask girls #nohomo