Who else is tired of all these blanket statements?

It's getting so old to see questions like "do guys like..." "Do guys want..." "Why do girls do..." Do the people who post questions like that realize that you can't just throw a blanket over an entire sex? Ok, I'm done whining now, thanks for your time!👍🏽

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been done with those... generalizing the entire gender because of one or a few...
    i use most, or few, or many... i know there are exceptions to the rule... they are just hard to find lol.

What Girls Said 17

• Lol :p It's okay. The reason why it doesn't bother me that much is sometimes I'll find myself randomly wondering things like that too during those random pangs of insecurity. We all sorta do it sometimes, no? What's nice is the reality becomes clear from the diversity of the responses. People vary and certain trends do exist. But yeah, I get you, some people find themselves in shackles to what the majority thinks and that's unhealthy, unrealistic, and impractical. Worth it to find some confidence or be open to change if it's needed.

• Urgh shits so annoying its unbelievable. And no people don't realise. It will never end. People will forever generealize

• preach

• All of these**

XD
    Victory is mine!!!

• Yes all the time ):

• YES! THIS! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!! Plus all the 'Do you think he/she likes me?' questions that give barely any details like no how on earth would anyone know if they have a crush on you because they looked at you once

• I'm sorry, were you saying something?

https://youtu.be/KDdObEOA2UY

• I never really thought about it bc I always found it basically implied that it doesn't include every person when most users ask those types of questions. I've never really gotten perturbed by them unless it was something worded to offend some people.

• Yeah, I can't stand it and am not sure if those people are trolling or legitimately believe that all people of the same gender think and act alike.

• i hate those --...-- makes me want to bash my head against the wall. Maybe because I used to answer those a lot. But not so frequently now (rarely). Lets be honest. It's like reading a damn essay. And some don't even have SPACES!

• I'm extremely tired of them.

• haha that's partly why I took a break for a couple months

• I don't mind answering dem

• Yeah it's really annoying

• It's so true. Also, you're smoking hot.

• Welcome to GAG Hun. This is normal

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 11

• I tend to turn the "Guys" part into "You" so I answer the question more personally. But at the end I usually add that this is just my opinion. So, I am not tired of those questions. Interesting to see what people want to find out and understand about the opposite sex even though it might not be true for everyone.

• The schedule for accomplishing things states that all the blanket statements will cease soon after the questions about penis size.

• annoying as fuck

• agree agree agree

it is one of my biggest pet peeves on this site

• It gets old reading it, but I keep it in perspective. It's not like it's one person doing the same thing over and over. It's thousands of people making an error one time a piece. So to speak.

• The majority of people that ask these questions are ignorant, misinformed or disillusioned.
    Generally naive teens but there are exceptions
    What all know that they're really talking about one person in particular but they assume just because that person is like that, they conclude that all people are that way.

• personally, i think some generalizations are fine. You make a generalization with the knowledge that most people still have idiosyncrasies which make them unique.

• Don't be getting all technical man. You know exactly what I'm talking about lol.

• we're more similar than we are different.

• Yes, it's way to general. You can't say all of men are this or that, or all women are that or this.

• Yes, very tired of them.

• People think in generalizations. Ironically this question is a blanket statement over a type of blanket statement; you likely are referring to specifically irrational blanket statements but asking a question like "Why do guys have penises?" is actually a very important evolutionary question with a valid element to it. Also questions like "Why are men more likely to get aggressive?" are scientific in nature and are not blind generalizations.

Hypocrite.