G&G pink and blue?

What with all this feminist campaign about gender based colours, what are your views about G&G using blue for guys and pink for girls. I'm personally ok with it it helps identify what gender is saying and thinking.

• it should stay
  • it should be changed
  • it doesn't matter

Most Helpful Guy

• I have never listened to feminists and I don't intend to listen to them in the future. There is nothing wrong with traditions which do not demean people.

• Good answer, I'm just surprised someone hasn't complained about this

What Girls Said 10

• I mean, I would prefer to be blue since it's my favorite color, and I really am not a fan of pink. However, I don't mind it for the purpose of distinguishing users, though I can see how it'd be confusing for users signing up that don't strictly identify with one gender.

• Hmmm never thought about that.

• There are 6 different types of color blindness and I know that at least one type cannot distinguish between blue and pink. I have difficulty at times if I am just looking at a username because the font is so small. Yes, sometimes I must refer to the headings and I have, on a few occasions, made the wrong assumption about gender!

• I liked when we changed it for April Fools, and I think you should be able to change the color that YOU see, such as the backgrounds being pink or blue depending on what you want, but the names of the guys and girls in this site in their respective colors. I Hope that made sense

• I like blue a lot, but it really doesn't matter. Who gives a rats ass what the colors are? Like, it's a color. Not. A. Big. Deal.

• I don't give an apples!

• Vote C

• I don't care

• I'm okay with it its just colors being based off of genders

• It's a non issue.

• I don't care. Pink used to be a color for boys back in the early 1900s - now it's used for girls. I like both colors anyway so no major preference (though I don't like dark navy as much as the pink sooo...).

• I don't care to be honest.

What Guys Said 5

• It should stay the way it is. I love it that the whole idea of G@G is based on the "gender binary" and uses traditional colors for the two genders. It probably makes the SJWs heads explode! (But no doubt they're diligently working behind the scenes to liberate us all from these outrages!)

• I don't care as long as I know what gender the user is because that can make a difference in what my answer or comment will be.

• Same here, I like to know for the polls. Take this poll for instance I was very interested in what gender thought what.

• I think the colors should stay as they are. Men and women are different from each other. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. These differences should be embraced and celebrated. Men and women each have their own unique gifts, talents, and abilities to offer each other and the world. All this gender neutrality stuff needs to stop.

• I think it defeats the whole purpose of this website to change it.

• I'm colorblind enough, not to know the difference between these colors on small surfaces like a computer screen