Why some of you never allow any anonymous users on your questions?

For example:

@LittleSally

@AleDeEurope

@Applefan1

@smahala1991

(Sorry if it’s considered a member post, I just mentioned them as examples. Anyway, someone tag them so they can see it.)

I’ve noticed you never allow anonymous users, but it’s a shame since I’ve found myself sometimes wanting to answer your questions, but because I couldn’t go anonymous, I didn’t.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I always allow anonymous, because people have right to their privacy.

• Asker, I notice that you're only "liking" the answers that you get that support your position, and none of the ones that have answered you legitimately without disrespect.

Also, EVERY USER on here has a right to the privacy. You can had a private profile and/or no profile pic (like me) - and thereby you are still effectively "anonymous" without having to be that blue or pink silhouette with a question mark face. :)

• I chose yours OP because of your "right to privacy" comment - which I attempted to comment on in the second half of my reply.

Sorry if that hurt your feelings. ✌

• @CheerGirl38139 No, it's not about my feelings, it's just that I get the notifications for some irrelevant comment.

What Girls Said 13

• LOL ironic how your tags don't work when you go Anon.

I almost never allow anons to answer my questions. I realize that it does limit the number of answers, but it also greatly reduces the number of trolls and fucktards. Agree or disagree, I prefer to be able to see who's commenting.

So for me, the pros outweigh the cons.

• Yeah it sucks, I hate it when I can't tag others and have to ask someone else to do it for me.

• Well, like Bert said, it's your choice to go anon 100% of the time (or not).

Personally, I think when you do that, you limit yourself as well.

But we call have choices to make every day! :)

• Why are some of you too much of a coward to answer questions with your identity on here open to the rest of the community?

Sad fact is that 90% of anon replies to questions are either pointless insults or stupid attempts at trolling and I guess most of us can pass on that.

• Because anonymous users don't interest me. If you can't be normal and polite - no need for those in my questions or mytakes.
    Also I'm not interested in opinions of people who love using and abusing the anonymous feature. Makes me thing each of their posts is a troll opinion.

• Not all anonymous are the same though.

• True, but malicious negativity and bitterness which usually emenates from them is offputting and I am not having that in my life. I experience enough of it in real life, thank you.

• I stopped allowing anons because a lot of them are trolls. Plus the majority of my questions aren't big things so being anon isn't really necessary.

• because a lot of anons act like complete assholes

• Why choose anon then?

• Because people say all types of bogus stuff when they're anonymous. It only brings on cowards.

• Some people don't feel comfortable by allowing anon posters because of the tendency for trolls to hide behind the post. A question for you: why do you only post on anon?

• I already said. It's a "tradition" now more or less and I feel more comfortable being always anonymous too.

• I see. Well since you have the privilege of being anon, I think it's only fair that other users can have the privilege to disallow you from answering their questions if they wish.

• Maybe they don't want trolls all over their questions. Why not just answer them without going anon? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion so you shouldn't feel the need to hide behind that.

• I don't, and it's because some people use the feature just to be an asshole. If people want to do that, they can do it with their name on it.

• I'm an anonymous user xD
    img.over-blog.com/.../ANONYMOUS.gif

• What is your reasoning for only commenting anon?

• As I said it's a tradition more or less, and I feel more comfortable being anonymous.

I don't even have a single post with my name.

• Are we not already anon.
      You don't think this is my real name do you?
      I could see if your asking or commenting a a sensitive or personal issue.

• I feel comfortable being anonymous because well, that what this entire thing is anyway. Disallowing anonymous users won't stop them from still being anonymous. I could put anything I want as my identity and people would have no choice but to go along with it. Arguing online is still anonymous whether you get to see a profile or not. The only reason I go anonymous is because I don't like being followed back to my profile and having my opinions read on other topics. I feel scrutinized then, like my credibility is being qyetioned. If my advice is good it shouldn't matter if I am anonymous or not. But I can see how other anonymous "trolls" or whatever you call them can get annoying since you have no way of figuring out if you will talk to them again and if they are the same one who disrespected you earlier.

What Guys Said 9

• The reasoning is due to some users being trolls and getting away with it under the anon feature. Some abuse it and use it as a way to say awful things, but since they don't have an official profile available, they can't be blocked or made note of for future use. I also believe (though I'm not sure) that a blocked person can post on their blockees question, assuming the blocked person is anon... Again I don't know for sure.

Nevertheless, some act like jerks with a regular profile visible, but some specifically act like asshats with a new layer of anonymity.

Not all are like that though. However, in the end, it is the few that spoil the fun of the many. Some users decide they just don't want to have to deal with that so they just won't allow them.

• I don't believe in hiding your face when you give an opinion. It's your opinion so you should stand by it.
    You should never hide when expressing your beliefs.

• Ok anon, lemme tell you the truth. They don't allow anons so that they'd see who's behind the opinion and could block them for good.

⬆THIS⬆

Now, some PC reasons :-
    ●There are trolls who'd persistently post awful things
    ●There are people with multiple accounts who stalk them and post rude thing to show that more than one person agrees that you suck
    ●They don't have enough time/bravery to deal with the negativity
    ●They want to see who's their friend (who always speaks for his/her side) and who's their enemy (who gives them a challenge / criticise them constructively for their ignorance / or just troll them in a while)

Exceptions are always there

• maybe you can make an exception and not go anon just for them

• Nah I would break my "tradition".

• People use anon to abuse you that is why I hardly ever allow it on my questions. I have allowed anon a little bit more recently but usually I don't.

• Due to the ongoing nature of unsavory characters using the anonymous feature as a means of being hateful, spiteful, or just outright trolling, I almost never allow anonymous posters on any of my questions. I believe that if one has to hide behind a filter to show his or her true colors then I already know all there needs to know about that individual and make a mental note to never be like them.

• anons rarely contribute anything meaningful

• Eh OK it's unfair. Not every anonymous user is shitty.

• sure, just as not every snake is poisonous... but most people avoid the whole lot of them just to be on the safe side

• He said "rarely" and didn't accuse anyone of being "shitty" bro.

You have an agenda that you're seeking justification for, not actually seeking answers to the question you originally asked.

• because too many anons troll and it's always more fun knowing who you're talking too

• Anon users tend to say things that are especially rude or off color because they're anon.