Do you feel like your making a difference on this website when you answer questions?

Recently I have noticed that I keep answering the same questions over and over again. I'm getting ready to just keep my responses typed in a word doc. so I can just quickly copy and paste them. I do know that with the influx of new teens getting out of school soon there will me more similar questions. I just wondering if any one else feels the same way.

• Yes I'm making a difference for at least a few people
  • No were not making a difference at all. No one really listens to our opinions.
  • Were definitly making a few differences in people's lives
  • Comment
  • Results
  • Good copy paste idea
So far only 18% say no.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like to think so, because I know some people genuinely need advice or just someone to talk to. Sometimes it makes all the difference if someone can relate to how you feel. That alone can bring a person comfort.

I do think lots of people will benefit because some users give great advice. I have even benefitted indirectly. I've faced similar problems to the asker on a few questions , and I've read the responses to their question , and I've taken on board advice some users gave the asker

Most Helpful Guy

• Hm... this is a good question actually.

Well... okay, when I think about it, I can recall at least...4 times I've actually really managed to reach someone on this website.

Surprisingly, 3 of those times I was completely anonymous, but I could tell I was really able to connect with the person and really help them with a problem they were having.

Most of the people who come onto this website are morons looking for people to simply just agree with their opinion, but you get a rare few who actually have a brain and aren't just erecting mental walls whenever logic and reason hits them in the face.

Looking back on it all, I'd say yeah, there have been a few times I actually felt like I was making a difference.

What Girls Said 11

• Good copy paste idea
    hahaha!

• Here and there, yes, I do believe I'm being helpful. I have gotten comments and messages that have said as such, so I'm glad I can be of assistance to some users here.

• I'll go with A but when we say a few like I really mean feeeeeeeeeeew. No matter how good or caring your advice is someone will always take it wrong or bitch about it so you can hope! But expecting anything is pretty pointless.

• I desperately try to answer questions correctly. There is a lot of immaturity and a lot of stupidity on this website that it appears you can't break through

• Nah. Not really. Rarely at the very best.

• Sometimes. It really depends if the other person is willing to listen. Mostly I just find other people's opinions and ideas fascinating. It gives me a reason to question myself, and it gives me something to learn.

• maybe some but im usually joking with my answers ahah when i try and give serious advice i hope i'm helping

• I've just had the same thought. It's the same questions with the same answers over and over. Not sure if I'm making any difference.

• I think most users on gag are pretentious so no

• This site gets boring and brain dead (sorry) after so long , the majority of the questions revolve around penises, vaginas and sex and keep repeating. Maybe some answers make a difference when the questions are about a personal genuine problem

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 8

• Sometimes I do. When I'm not goofing around and I'm being serious, I feel like I am helping somebody.

When people pm me, I'm always serious. If somebody took the time to reach out to me, I'll do my best to answer their questions. A couple of people admitted that I really helped them afterwards.

• Sometimes yes, but often... hell noooo!

• If i start believing that I've an impact on the lives of anyone here I'd probably kill myself since that is a sign of madness oncoming.

• Of course jeez

• nope, i do that more often through PMs

• Fuck the fuck no.

• not really. i'm not here to make a difference.

• Yes of course. I make a massive difference when I answer questions on this site. I'm 6'9 anonymous duh 🤗