An option to hide your gender when anonymous?

Would you want to see an option where anonymous posters could not only hide their usernames and age, but also their gender?

Sure, this would require a complete reworking of the whole system, but it is an interesting thought none the less.

Would you like to see it?
Do you think it is necessary?
Why would it work/ not work in your opinion?

• Yes, I am interested in an genderless anonymity option.
  • No, I am not interested/ do not think it's necessary.
  • Dude, c'mon...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes who cares!

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude wtf. We already have private opinions we don't need more ways for people to hide.

What Girls Said 6

• There's enough boys pretending to be girls as it is.

It also defeats the point of the site since the site gimmick is seeing the differences or similarities between each gender's answers.

• ^totally just about to say that...

• I think the point is getting point of view from all genders but it's h with rd to get a point of. View when answers change dependng on what gender is asking. At some point it goes against the purpose of understanding view points.

• @Azara Exactly true.

• Yeah I think it's be beneficial bc so many answers are prejudicial based on gender.. People give completely different responses based on the gender ratger than content. Be cool to exercise people mind to focus on matter at Han that relying on stereotypes to offer wisdom.

• Not necessary. You're already anonymous enough when your username/specific age isn't showing. If you need more privacy than that, then you probably shouldn't even be on the internet in the first place. Especially since you can even lie about both your age and sex on here when you sign up.

• Reason number one this would be awesome for that question that gets asked form time to time like "who am I" like not having a gender as a hint total game changer.. Just saying.

• What's the point of doing that when the website is calls girls ask guys

Hiding the gender defeats the purpose of this website

• the anon feature is barely necessary most times why would you need to hide gender also?

What Guys Said 12

• I think it's beneficial to know the gender of the question asker to help tailor your response towards them. Also it just seems like an excessive amount of anonymity and it goes against the who theme of the site which is guys asking girls questions and vice versa.

If we really need more anonymity then they could hide the age for anon posters.

• The name of this site is "Girls ask Guys." Giving a genderless option to the Anons (peace be upon them) would be a heart in the un-PC "gender binary" which is the whole idea of GAG.

• I feel indifferent about it. they can do whatever, I still see all anonymous as the same.

• dude this would defeat the whole purpose of the site. it´s about the differences between girls and guys.

• No it's about understandingpeople which includes breaking down stereotypes. U understanding women and men does not mean relearning platitudes ad nauseum.

• @Azara the site isn't called people ask people...

• This is a great idea.. But it will defeat the purpose of this site.. And other sites are there if you want a gender less opinion

• Its not exactly a necessarity, but I do think there are occasions where one genders opinion is seen as less valuable and legit than the other.

• No I dont think so... The current system now is fine.

• naah i dont think its necessary

• This is Girls ask Guys
    Hiding the gender disrupts the ENTIRE point of this site

• Sometimes it's necessary to do away with assumption in order to understand people.

• If people answering show their gender then we still get to see how each gender answers, but the question asked has the benefit of getting solid reasonable advice not disrupted by prejudicial assumptions.

Propulsive to really look at their answer and think is this reasonable. Not is this bat you say to a woman or man. A person is person whether they add their gender or not. But often that person's identity is robbed by the shadow of a hat we think of when w e think of gender.

• @Azara Sounds reasonable, but at the end of the day the assumptions for normality and questions will always be there

If someone asks what should I do concerning this guy, the assumption is that it's asked by a girl
      Taking away gender won't stop assumptions from being made

People will go very far sub-consciously to make assumptions, whether by taking personal experiences, observations, stories, other GaG questions, etc.

Like the only way to stop assumptions as much as you can is to use completely gender-neutral language and make it vague, both the question and the description. Even in that case though, it's gonna be shitty advice by default... and it's not gonna stop people from making assumptions

Conditioning, stereotyping, and whatever else made by whatever means are DEEP in our system.

At BEST, it'll eliminate double standards.

• I'm 6'9 anonymous. I don't go anonymous on here because I already am.

• that would defeat the purpose of this site.

• I think it's unnecessary in most cases, because those who go anonymous are usually questions regarding their gender.

Now if it's a question like "What's your favorite fruit"... well OK you won't figure out, but I don't see any reason why you should hide your gender again.