There is a major nuisance of a GAG bug. Has anyone had problems correcting there posts halfway?

This is a major nuisance and may be on Android mobile devices only.

This is not a "sometimes" of a scenario. It happens 75% of the time.

You type a sentence and then if you decides to clock on an earlier word to insert or correct, the app loses the position of the pointer / cursor. Then, it completely messes up what you were typing. Eats up some words. Double pastes some words. Starts typing in the sentence at any random point.

I have often aborted my posts because of this pain.

Anyone else facing this?

*you decide to click*
Oh man !! Looks like all hell broke loose with that question. Many of the problems were not entirely related to what I was trying to point out. Some however do have similar issues.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• There are some issues with my Samsung Tab4 running Android. The cursor often disappears if I pause typing, and as you say, if I edit, the cursor sometimes disappears then. I can bring it back by moving the cursor with up, down, left or right. Usually if I want to edit, I move the cursor manually.

What Girls Said 4

• Considering I'm on my iPhone and don't have that issue (aside from it sometimes happening in the middle of me logging in) I would say you're correct with it being an android issue.

Have you tried turning on/off your phone or shutting down apps that may be running in the background?

If so then it may be something you could bring up with an admin and get their thoughts on it.

• Yup I know.

• I don't think I've noticed that as of yet. I hope it doesn't become an issue either.

• Yes!!! Happens to me a lot on here, and I have problems with my phone randomly closing the web page out. Sometimes I'll just click on a question and it closes out everything

What Guys Said 3

• i have had issues like that on my laptop so i dont think its just an app problem. just yesterday i was typing a comment to someone when the page reloaded for some reason, i lost the topic i was on and could never find it again. so unless the person deleted there question i think it could be a problem with the server.

• Yea not sure if it was the browser or the website but have had problems like that.

• I'm using Chrome at the moment, and it doesn't happen. So I think it may be an issue with Firefox and/or Android. I have noticed other issues with both FF and Chrome where a drop down menu refuses to drop! The only way I can get it to work is pressing for a while until it gives me the option to open in a new tab.

• I can't post on gag on my iphone because It makes me a new profile