The fucking ads on here?

I'm so pissed off right now.
I don't care if there's ads on a site, but if there's pop ups or, like on here, things that redirect you to another site, and then not be able to go back, are FUCKING ANNOYING. Seriously, GAG, change it! It's ridiculous.

I understood leveling up can make them go away? But I can't level up when I have to open the site twenty tjmes because of the redirections. Jesus.

Most Helpful Guy

• I fully agree and have posted something similar before, gag has gone way to far milking money. Its completely against the community feel. WE provide the value here that they blatently stuff full of ads that are often just as obnoxious as sites that distribute porn or illegal content.

Even though i am at the level where it doesn't show me any of them i sometimes don't login and notice how extremely annoying the site is for others. So even though i am in a level where i should not see ads this site is still in my adblock blacklist (Yes i have to manually add sites to my adblock and there are not many in there).

• Turned them off for a moment and holy shit they put automated videos now? Thanks for wasting my entire daily bundle if i was on 3G.

• Little news flash for the gag admins : If most of your users are purpusely using adblock and educating each other on how to use it you are doing something wrong. I never have an issue with the ads on youtube, tech news sites i follow, gaming sites (for the most part), tumblr , twitter, facebook , blogs and many other sites but this site just goes out of its way.

Never ever show an audio ad, never do popups (Especially not on model), don't do these dodgey recommended articles that are all scams and stop inserting them everywhere on the site. You have more success with a CPM banner combined with 1 or 2 adsense banners then with all this nonsense.

Most Helpful Girl

• That does sound annoying. I'm so glad I haven't seen ads in forever. I used AdBlock before I got to 7 Xper, which is when you stop seeing them otherwise.

What Guys Said 11

• I'm surprised lots of people deal with the videos. On a computer you can use an ad blocker. There might be one for your phone.

• slashfiction.org/.../gif-happy-dance.gif

I don't get ads anymore but I don't remember them being that bad to cause too much frustration. You'll get there.

• No, they didn't at first. They've added a redirecting one, making it nearly impossible for me to browse the site.

• Get the Adblock extension for your browser

• Ads? What ads?

• Once you post 20 opinions the ads go away for 24 h.

You can also use Google Chrome + AdBlock

• Which type of ads do you find annoying? Can you email us some screenshots? Thanks

• It's a Dutch pop up, with 'close' at the bottom. If you click it or click the return arrow you will be redirected to a site telling me i've won something.

• This should be fixed and you shouldn't be seeing that ad anymore.. let me know if this is not the case... thanks for the feedbacl

• Thank you.

• Adblock plus.

• You'll never post 20 opinions a day! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

• What is ads? I no understand what chu talk bout?

• I don't get ads on here

• Click some, you might find some wonderful products! I did :-)

What Girls Said 7

• Are you sure you don't just have a virus on your computer?

Try adblocker.

Or... level up. I think once you're passed a certain level they remove the ads.

• The fact that its not Ad's about coupons or meaning things. It only inappropriate stuff.

• Get an add-on that controls java in your browser. Poof, no ads, here or on most other sites.

• Post 20 opinions a day and you won't see them.

• Download ad block or post as many opinions as you can.

• I hate when that happens!

• They are annoying, but that's how they can paid for this site.