So am I the only one who wants to put an end to anon comments?

I just posted a question http://www.girlsaskguys.com/other/q1992656-finally-out-of-my-90-day-sentence-what-should-i-do#new and im a bit new so i dont know how bad the anons are and iv noticed that anon opinion can be a bit aggravating from seeing them on a bunch of other posts. now i anon questions are bare able because they can be flagged and stopped but we can't really stop anon posts iv been on this site for 2 days now and i can't seem to stop seeing shit like this

So am i the only one who wants to put an end to anon comments?

i got that just from my question on what do i do know that im out of jail an i can finally do shit that is not card games board games reading and sleeping i was just lookin for nice replies for what i should do.

like we could get a thing to where if someone can only post a few anon comments every week or if their anon comments get reported enough they will no longer be able to post as anons

Most Helpful Girl

• If I am Posting a Question and wantto Specifically See who I am Speaking with, I will Specifically Mark "No Anon."
    However, Being it is Gag and Everyone feels they want to participate here, dear, I find no Big Deal to Post as an Anon to Perhaps either Avoid Confrontation or just because they don't want Anyone to Think their own answer might be silly.
    Everyone on Gag has His or Her own Reason of the Season for Posting as Anon. I do not do this very often but if I do, I will, Only because Some get Sore over Politics and Religion and Continue to be a Sore Sport.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• In those cases I would check "don't allow anonymous" when you make your question. That being said, you then have to go non anon. It's just the price of being anon I guess-- you have to deal with other anons.

That was a pretty horrible thing for her to say, especially since she may not understand the implications of jail. In situations like this, all you can really do is ignore it. It's in the gray zone of comments-- mean thing to say but still not flaggable. (Well, someone removed the end statements already but I was referring to the original anon post.)

Responding to people who are acting like that tends to just escalate things until it just gets to name calling.

I personally would want to keep the anon feature because I feel like most people that use it use it just fine. It's the "rotten eggs" that ruin it for everyone else. It has its use, so I would prefer unlimited use of it.

That being said, I can see it working if a person who got reported under anon enough would get their anon privilege revoked. I don't know about a perma-anon ban, but at least for awhile.

What Girls Said 7

• You can report anonymous posts just like any other post on GAG. All reports are reviewed by admin staff within 24 hours, who will then decide if the post should be removed or not.

More information about reporting can be found in our FAQ here:
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#124
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/moderators#147

• i was thinking more of removing the option to answer anonymously if they are toxic/rude and reported under anon too much

• I understand your point, and I do dislike the anonymous feature then. However, it is still useful for those sharing or asking about personal things. That feature still allows them to have a voice, but they don't need to attach their names.

• im pretty sure no anon comments also would mean no anon questions.. but yeah i get what ya mean! :)

• ya but anon questions can be a lot better compared to a anon opinion they tend to be the ones who go on to a girls question actually asking for help and they are like "show me your tits bitch' or shit like that an it annoys the hell out of me

• yeah true, but just to let ya know also, when you post a question it also allows you to pick whether you allow anon opinions or not :)

• just ignore them, you can't get rid of internet trolls lol usually mods will remove offensive and antagonistic comments like that anyways

• what if a mod is the one putting it?

• Personally saw this before. Yes it's unfortunate but certain mods do abuse the anon feature, (not gonna mention names, you know who you are). I was arguing with this mod the other day and I came back to reply to find that she made her comment anon.

• Kind of hypercritical of you don'y you think asking an anonymous question but think anon comments shouldn't be allowed.

• Just ignore them. They won't ever take down anon on here. It's there for good reason but people abuse it so they can cowardly hide behind it to be little assholes.

• Blah blah blah! You're so sensitive. Just block that specific comment and she won't say "mean" things to you anymore you crybaby. When you're asking a question check on " don't allow anonymous opinions" . What's funny though is that you're anon right now too lmfao!

What Guys Said 2

• She is under 18 and you are 18-24.. And I you really feel hurt from her words then I will say.. The jail time worked on you.. Congrats bro you improved and didn't waste your time.. In jail..
    And really you wanna be butt-hurt at a kids comment..

• more along aggravated that kids can be on this site considering the never ending sexual topics

• Become the hunter.