Moderators should be chosen by everyone and it should be probably to ask them to explain their Action. Do you agree?

Most Helpful Girl

• LMFAO No. All moderators do is hide things. The administrators make the ultimate decisions. And it's not hard to work out why things are hidden. The posting guidelines are available on the FAQ for everyone to see http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts

Don't break the rules and your posts won't be hidden. Easy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Either way they are the biggest hypocrites after the admins.

What Girls Said 5

• No, I don't see any issue with moderators being chosen by the site based off of the success rate of posts they report. If moderators ended up being chosen by users, I bet the moderation of this site would be a lot more biased.

Not that mods have all that much power, any way. Admin makes the final call.

• I just don't like how many mods they have on gag. Seem pointless to have that many and some being stick in the mud.

• y'all worry waaaayyy too much about moderators. And we really don't as much power as y'all think.

• No, no.

• I just wish we could see who removed our questions/oponions and froze our accounts.

What Guys Said 7

• Moderators are already chosen through having a great ratio of succes of removal. They also have the choice of not taking the "job" once asked. Their "actions" also go through the admins first, as all "removals" are sent as notifications to the admins to review. The moderators cannot do anything wrong, outside of threatening people with removal/abuse of power, in which case their mod authority is taken away by admins.

Don't blame moderators.

• You might as well say everyone should chose Admins here, as well. Moderators get a lot of flack on GAG, but we are only the "Able Seamen" on this ship. We keep a look-out. It is Admin who are the Captains, who make the tactical decisions.

What you are asking would result in a chaotic turn-over of moderators, and a lot of fighting between members who vote different ways.

• A few times in the past, they've had community votes to select mods. Usually, user reputations will speak for themselves. I can only speak for myself, but I did not apply to be mod. They invited me to join the Mod team and I accepted.

• No, because what about duplicate accounts, a guy makes forty accounts and gets forty votes
    or lets say ten people each do forty to choose one guy, then thats four hundred votes for ten people

• IP Checks solves that.

• @bcromartie Nah! I have a prog on my desktop so I can select 1 VPN out of maybe 20 or so, in different countries. There's also Tor, which has a different exit node at random.

• @dogbert444 Tor uses... What I mean is I believe it!

It's the 14th so I will abstain. Good day to abstain.

• no, i do not agree.

• No, that is so fucking inefficient it's not worth discussing.

• Yeah I agree with you.