Do you think GaG should do away with Xper Level ranking?

I don't ever care what my level is or notice, much less anybody else's for that matter. Nor do I care what their MHO percentage is, which I only recently noticed on Gaggers. It just seems like stuff to make people feel like they're tops, like egoist hierarchy, as someone put it to me once. Most people here really only get as high as they do because they answer a lot of stuff or post frequently, which ups their points, not because they're really any true kinds of experts on the topics, and some get upvoted more than others just because they're well-known. Most of the people here who are Masters or Gurus really do not say anything deeper, smarter, or with more experience more than someone far lower than they are. At least for me anyway. Ranking seems more based on popularity and what you acquire through activity, not actual value in perspective and what you have to offer people.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't mind Xper level , but I wish we could all ask 5 questions, not Masters only.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't really care either way I just like to talk to you all and help when I can. I like know that there are people out there who do care even if they are so far away. thanks again for all the help you have given me gagers.

• I don't see the problem with having a ranking based on activity. I doesn't make me respect their opinion or like them anymore.
    (I know how much u love it when I argue with u.)

• That's well put, about it not making you respect their opinion or like them more. Yeah.

• Your so confusing. The other day I agreed and u argue. Today I argue and u agree.

• I never look at it either

• I understand you.
    But I think they shouldn't put an end on the Xper Level ranking. I don't see a problem with it.

What Guys Said 5

• Not trying to be offensive, but if you really didn't care, you had never been posted such a long question about that.

It's good that G@G has such rankings because it gives people ego boost. Yeah! You heard it right. It's good. Just try to look at it from business point of view. They want profit so, they'd do anything to make people addicted to the site.

• But if I cared, I wouldn't have posted it because it would mean I agree with it. To me it doesn't mean a lot, and it shouldn't matter what somebody's level is or how much MHO they have. It's like trying to say what they think should matter more than anyone else.

• If all I ever answered was 10 questions and got MHOs for 5, I'd have a 50% MHO rating. That doesn't make me brilliant. In the same way, I could answer 100 questions for 1 or 2 weeks and get up to Xper Level 9 or higher, but it doesn't mean I deserved it. It doesn't make me experienced. It means I got through all that activity. Our Xper levels and MHO% have little to nothing to do with our experience and true intelligence.

• Don't give a fuck. Nobody cares what your MH% is.

• I don't see how they can do away with much of it, since certain perks are tied to some of the numbers, like XP level 7 and above no longer see ads. No one says you have to look at them. Sometimes I do find value in the numbers, such as identifying new people with very low XP points who disregard the posting rules here.

• No. I care. I like know how experienced people are here.
    And spending lots of time on here, answering lots of questions or whatever, DOES make you more experienced. It's automatic.

• I think you know better than that. If all I ever answered was 10 questions and got MHOs for 5, I'd have a 50% MHO rating. That doesn't make me brilliant. In the same way, I could answer 100 questions for 1 or 2 weeks and get up to Xper Level 9 or higher, but it doesn't mean I deserved it. It doesn't make me experienced. It means I got through all that activity.

Also consider: more females have higher MHO % than guys. Do you think that's really due to them having more experience or better answers? Or it's just because people have the psychological tendency to approve them just because we think she's right cuz she's a woman?

Our Xper levels and MHO% have little to nothing to do with our experience and true intelligence.

• I've gotten better at answering questions on here over time. That's what I know.

• No way it took me 5 years to become GAG Master dont quit it now

• I disagree. I almost always post anonymously, so I definitely don't get picked because of name recognition and my MHO is proof of that. You're right it doesn't really matter but I do enjoy having it as a feature. I know when I ask questions I do pay attention to those things. When I see a person with high xper and really low MHO I trust their opinions less because I know you've been on this site for a very long time giving lackluster advice. On the other hand if I see a person with a high MHO and they're level 1 I don't put too much wait on their opinions either because at low levels it's pretty easy to maintain a high MHO a couple questions can take you from 30 to 50 easy or vice verse. The Xper rating system is just a handy extra way of me judging the likelihood of their post being good advice. Since I only ask questions about stuff I'm clueless on its a little more helpful to have a way to check. So yeah there are flaws to the system but it is useful sometimes. I only go off anon when I know my advice might not reach the reader easily but I'm certain it's good helpful advice. So if you find the xper and MHO system to be bothersome just stay anon all the time and ignore their stats, and sort the posts by time.

• "When I see a person with high xper and really low MHO I trust their opinions less because I know you've been on this site for a very long time giving lackluster advice."
      - Is it that they give lackluster advice? Or they actually give good advice that most people don't really want to consider?

• Xper level on its own means nothing more than how long and how often you use this site. The points you get for MHO aren't really enough to make a huge impact on Xper level. I only use Xper level to tell how credible MHO % are. So if they're low rank I know that it's worthless to judge them by anything but the advice they've given and I treat their high MHOs as dubious and thier low MHOs as irrelevant. I'm never going to ignore someone because of a low xper rank. I mean the bottom line is read the advice and judge the advice the whole ranking system stuff is just extra help.

• It's not like I'm throwing away good advice because their levels are low I'm just saying its a little helpful guide for when I'm torn over who's advice to follow. If someone's got a record of credible helpful advice I'm more likely to listen to them. That's all I'm suggesting