You think people are abusing the flag option?

So I asked a question, "Why do women act so fucking stupid when seeing a singer?" And someone got all butt hurt and tried to flag my question. But I didn't break any rules so they put my question back up after hiding it to see if there were any rule breaking things in it. Which there wasn't. So do you think people are abusing that flagging option just because it "offends" them? Ah who am I kidding? You're all going to vote "No."

• yes.
  • no.
This person who wrote this,

"Get over it
Whether they flagged or not obviously , violated the rules or the question would have never been removed "

Just blocked me. Very mature of you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people do, sure. But that's just how life works lol. It's probably because you could have phrased your question much nicer. Maybe work on that.

• Shouldn't have to be nice when voicing a question or opinion. I hate censorship just because someone will get offended. A LOT of people look to get offended now days. So even if I did pose it nicely, they would still flag it.

• That's fine lol but now you just sound stubborn.

• About 70% of the time, yeah.

Most Helpful Guy

• What's wrong with girls acting "stupid" around singers?

• I just don't understand it. They cry, they scream, they faint, they cheat just to get with the singer. It's such a dumb reaction to another human being.

• If that's how you see it, I can see why. But as I see it, they're expressing themselves to a person who've most likely helped them through a lot of hard times, even if indirectly.

Anyway, I don't think people are abusing the flag, obviously some people may, but generaly, flagging does naught but send a notification to the admins, meaning it cannot be abused. It either gets taken down, or it doesn't; if it didn't, it wasn't abuse, and if it did, it had to be taken down anyway.. is how I see it. Even moderators, if they "flag" something, it's only taken down temporarily, until an admin can review it.

• Yeah but while it's taken down for that short amount of time, a ton of other questions will be posted. Drowning out my original question.

What Girls Said 4

• Possibly so. And not saying youse doing it, but the anonymous posting option gets abused all day every day here by some people.

• Well people aren't supposed to post offensive content but obviously the concept of offensive is somewhat subjective.

• And that's why the flag option can easily be abused.

• "You're all going to vote "No."" *votes no*

• Get over it
    Whether they flagged or not obviously , violated the rules or the question would have never been removed

• *obviously you

• Because the person who flagged my question got butt hurt and tried to take my question down, not because it was breaking any rules, but because they got offended. So It stands to reason that people can easily abuse the flagging option.

• So people are not allowed to get offended

What Guys Said 2

• i know it for sure, a lot of fucking people flag shit just because they got butthurt lol

• Hehe lol...
    But not just women, a lot of guys too go apeshit about celebrities.