Why can some users get away with being constantly rude and horrible people? It's so annoying?

Some of the users here (especially guys), are just consistently rude, annoying, unhelpful, and plain nasty, without being openly antagonistic or offensive.
Why should they be allowed to keep harassing people with their shitty behaviour, when other users get reported for just being a little more open with their shitty behaviour.

Eg. User 1: you're a fatty, lose some weight it's so gross.
User 2: ew fat cow, looks like a bowl of pudding

User 2 will have their comment deleted, but user 1 won't, because the language was different, even though the message and offensiveness was the same?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because some people know how to speak in a way that even though it's harsh, it's beautifully put xD

Fat isn't an insult, you're not degrading a person, you're just describing them and calling it how it is. If you're fat, you're fat, deal with it. You look every day in the mirror, you probably know that already.
    Calling someone a cow degrades them as it's comparing them with an animal, it's insulting.

Some people know how to speak better than others, or simply they know how to say things in a way that's speaking the truth but without using any offensive words.

• In what way is calling someone a 'fatty' and telling them they're so gross, not degrading and insulting?

• It's not that they were called fat it's that the person said its gross to be fat. So essentially they're calling the person disgusting.

• @RedRobin But with that logic, we will have to remove lots of opinions. I consider body hair to be gross, therefore, a guy with a big amount of body hair may get offended and therefore my comment should be removed, cause I'm saying having body hair is gross.
      If someone says having casual sex is gross (which many people here say this) then their opinions should be removed, cause they're calling me and all others who partake in casual sex, gross.
      If someone has bad breath and I say that's gross, my opinion should be removed too.

And that's just with the word "gross". Basically anything negative have to be removed.

I don't like that logic, cause it strips us from our own opinion. If you ask me for my opinion, and my opinion is that fat is gross, then you can't complain if you don't like my opinion. I'm not insulting you, I'm just saying that your state is gross, but I'm not saying anything about you as a person, just your physical.

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess it's because what is offensive for you, might not be offensive to the administrators.
    I had comments deleted and I wasn't offending anyone. I was telling the truth.
    And the administrators didn't like it.
    At the same time, I've seen some comments and I thought "why this isn't deleted or reported?" Because they were really offensive and/or racist.
    But I know I can't do anything.
    Anyways, you can always block people or ignore them.

What Guys Said 11

• Offensiveness is a subjective matter and sorting the what from the chaff will always lead to some apparently arbitrary results. That is not what is intended but it is inevitable, especially with a site which has so many people involved in its regulatory actions.

You can always message a moderator or admin if you have any questions about a post.

• You stick people behind the relative anonymity of a screen and keyboard, and this is what too often happens.

If you find a post which violates the site's guidelines, please always report it. It will be dealt with.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#9

• Well user 1 is 'technicallly' giving an honest opinion and offering a suggestion.
    User 2 is just insulting.

• How is 'fatty' and 'you're so gross' not insulting?

• 'Fatty' is basically saying you're fat (while its brutal if you ask for honesty, some will give it)
      And they didn't say 'you're' so gross they said 'it' implying that being fat in general is unattractive.

The first person is leaving it open as to whether you decide to take offense to it or not, while the second isn't.

Neither is a pleasant comment and personally, i'd find a more dipolamtic way of saying it, but im simply looking at it from an admin's POV.

• At least they are real, you know how many catfish girls are on this website lol

• Because they are alphas!

• because one is insulting and the other is just the truth

• they are either bitter or insecure about a certain aspect of their life something like that

• i haven't got the unpleasure to see this... sorry if you had but not all of us are like that (not saying your wrong cause i dont know honestly) im here to just chill

• HEY G@G YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID
    LISTEN TO WHAT SHE SAYS

• Or and hear me out on this, OR you can just stop being so sensitive and learn how to ignore people.

• Your right to free speech ends when it interferes with anyone else's right to feel safe. That's what harrassment laws are about, so no, 'right to free speech' is not an excuse.
      I post anonymously because when I don't, I'd get repeatedly harrassed for things like this. It makes me a target, and I'd prefer people like you have no idea who I am.

• Thank you! You've just showed who you really are! Ahaha, I'm done here.

• welcome to the internet everyone got there opinions

What Girls Said 5

• Just continue to flag all of those posts. The mods cannot see everything and may overlook some opinions or comments at times unfortunately. Hopefully, one of us will be able to get rid of anything that violates the site rules.

• Flag them as what? If they're not openly threatening or explicitly rude, it won't get removed.

• If you believe they are offensive, flag them as such.

• You can choose to block them or ignore them. You have a choice.

• Why should it go back on everyone else to ignore a horrible person, instead of the horrible person being punished?

• Because it's an internet site that each person chooses to use. If you don't like what takes place on this site, you aren't forced to use it. Everyone is responsible for their own actions, including you.

• cuz it's the internet. Nobody gives a fuck is you're bothered by it

• That's a pretty crappy attitude to have. It's harrassment and abuse whether it's online or off.

• Actually, asker is right... unfortunately. A Canadian man was arrested for tweeting against 2 feminists, criticizing their beliefs, and these women got offended, went to the cops, and arrested the man... this was in 2012. Earlier this year he was found not guilty.
      Nowadays cops are taking seriously whiny babies like asker who think calling someone fat is harassment. Soon we won't be able to say a word, cause anything that comes out of our mouths is offensive to someone.

Check this video to know a little about the case, and how an innocent man got his life ruined by two babies.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX37YsFJvR0

• @AleDeEurope that's completely fucked up. What is this world coming to? We are raising a generation of babies.

• It's the internet, they have a right to free speech, they face literally no consequences.

• Yep that's why I don't take this Web site seriously