Why are downvotes no longer an option? Do you prefer it this way? I think the up and down options gave a more accurate look at the overall agreement/disagreement ratio of the comment at hand. What do y'all think about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• They haven't been an option for a very long time. I think that if there are upvotes, there should be downvotes to balance things out, so I'd say either have no voting at all or have both of them.

• Man, time flies. Yeah, i agree with that. Keep it balanced. Personally, I'd like to have both over neither.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm glad there's no more downvotes, if you disagree, fine, but be an adult and stand behind your beliefs, don't just hit the downvote button because it's anonymous. If you disagree and want to express your disagreement, you should come out instead of hiding yourself.
    I wouldn't mind the downvote button if it showed who downvoted, though.

What Girls Said 5

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, it looks good this way. I don't really care about downvote option. I don't really see the significance of the downvote button, I mean just because you want to disagree with the person non-verbally? If you want to disagree why not tell the person by posting a comment.

• i think it is best with the up or down thing , i dont see how there can be a 3rd option if there is no up and down option.

• I think it's good that they are gone... but the community wanted them back and they promised to do so... but apparently they lied to make people shut up

• Apparently its still coming back. Sorry ;-p

• yeah they said that months ago and still not there... and with every update they make it more difficult to put it back, which means it will be even less likely to happen.

I have my doubts

• True, true. Well maybe you win this one, lol

• I wasn't around when the down vote button existed. I'm not an og member of GAG. Haha.

• Better off without the downvote, I felt like people did it because they've never liked your opinions or just for the hell of it. You couldn't even say your favorite color is blue without some chump downvoting because to them blue represents depression and they prefer yellow which to them represents the defiance of life lol

• True, that was an issue. I guess both ways have positives amd negatives.

• That was supposed to say radiance of life but you got the point. But yeah I don't see anyone complaining about seeing too many upvotes. If they wanna bring it back then show who did it so if you see a continuous pattern of someone downvoting, you can block them preventing them from doing it again or if this person does it to everyone then they get their voting rights taken away.

• It's shit! The downvotes need to come back!