Do you think ALL gagers should be able to edit and delete any of their posts?

• yes, any type of post
  • only certain types of post. explain below
  • no. (explain why not below)

Most Helpful Guy

• We should be able to delete but editing will cause more problems than it will solve. People will abuse it to troll all the time and evade being reprimanded.
    There would be nothing stopping a troll from writing "Fuck you, feminist cunt" and let you respond to it, but then edit in to something else just so mods and admins would not find out.

• hmm, ok I never thought of that. but we should be able to at least delete them if we want

• @EllieLexis513 Well it would kind of suck to write a long response on a thread only for someone to delete it for no big reason.

• So, people should have the right to edit or delete what they say lol, this is the only forum site I've been on that doesn't allow it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well for questions, only once (for spelling/grammar or they forgot to add something or needed to clarify something)
    and if theyre not an editor but write a mytake i say a max of 2-3 times.

What Guys Said 23

• I think you should have like a 5 min edit period, So genuine typos or mistakes can be corrected. I don't think you should be able to actually delete anything since people will just troll up a storm then delete their post or edit it.

• This is actually a good idea.

• I like this idea, it would allow some minor editing in the event that the asker needs to clarify, so that their question accurately conveys what they wanted to say.

• Yes, that option should be given to all members but with a time limit of course. Say at least 45 minutes from the time they have posted their question, after that the delete feature/button should disappear.

• No. Never. That gives green light for haters who can then go back and change their posts to look good and not get them deleted.
    If you're discussing with someone and you're getting fucked by their arguments, you can just go back and say "oh, but I didn't say that", when you actually did.

Sure, not everyone will use that feature in a negative way, but many will. We already deal with many individuals on here that are all but grown ups, we don't need to give them more reasons to act like kids.

• how about a request to (admins or moderator or whatever to) delete then. users could have to choose from a list of reasons why they should be able to edit; such as typos, accidentally posted on wrong question, etc

• I honestly doubt that would work well. Admins already take hours to review a question that has been hidden, imagine having dozens of requests to delete or edit posts.
      If there were more admins or they were more efficient, then maybe it won't be a bad idea, but as things are right now, I don't think it'll work.

• I posted this on someone else's opinion, but it works here too:

I actually don't think so. people insult either way. they can be flagged. I doubt if people don't care about being flagged that they would suddenly start deleting their own insults. that's why they insult anonymously. plus they want the insults to be seen by others. so, quickly deleting it wouldn't even be a thing.

• Yes, that's a great idea.

• Yes, absolutely. A date and hour mention with "post changed" would solve all problems.

• If Facebook has the option of edit and delete, GAG needs it also. GAG is like the only social site that does not have that option.

• I want to edit my posts for typos sometimes.

Out of all honesty, I can see how being able to edit posts is able to be abused. Someone saying fucked up ass shit, then changing it to avoid detection and sanctioning.

The factor of abuse in my opinion is the reason why we have never had the ability to edit posts in the 6.5 years I've been here!

• DAMN! I can't believe there's people who've been here for 6.5 years. 0_O

people could and do still find ways to abuse things they way they already are here.

• yes, they should be

• Yes they should

• no because i could call someone very ugly things. then they would call me very ugly things back, and then i would go delete what i said to them in the first place or change it. then it would seem like they attacked me, but in reality i would have attacked them in the first place.

• this argument has already been brought up, excessively. its exaggerated and not even likely to happen.

• it is 100% likely to happen because i am gonna do it.

• This has been on our list for a while now.

It's definitely challenging from a technical perspective, but our biggest concern is how it would impact the community. 😉

• what are the concerns?

• No. Don't do that. Don't ever do that. We can always use asterisk to fix the things. Editing/Deleting will kill the the opinionated soul of G@G.

• But if you are thinking about its implementation then make it exclusive for Xper lv 9 and above because they survived for enough time to have a reliable image in the community.

• No I don't cause it would cause an increase in trolling and people would abuse it. Trolls would ask "Do you eat pizza" only to edit it to "Do you eat poop"

• U know i dont like to suggest anything because any change comes with a crazy idea how to force people to choose mose helpful shit.. I can see in the future they would say pay to ask or choose best helpful shit... God im tired of being told what to do

• Maybe we could have the option of deleting a post, but with no option of posting back. As for editing comments, no way. That'll be trolla paradise lol

• Voted B, as completely changing the contents should be prevented in my opinion. Simple stuff like spelling and grammar correction could be allowed, though.

• No. It's good so people can reflect about what they write.

• All Gagers need to stop getting butthurt and try to make it to first base baha nerds

• It is not about rights, creators of the website do not owe you anything so I am fine with whatever.

• who said anything about rights?

• "should be able to"
      We are only able to do what the site allows us. The opinion on what you should be able to do is kind of irrelevant because ultimately the site decides the rules and what you have the right (aka ability) to do.

So if asked should I be able to use a feature that does not exist yet, but can be implemented - the answer is - should I really? The site is conceived in a specific way, and I didn't create it. Would it mess the post structure? How are posts saved? Etc.

• Only grammar

• Only those who can be trusted.

• If you just spammed madness then what?

• I actually don't think so. people insult either way. they can be flagged. I doubt if people don't care about being flagged that they would suddenly start deleting their own insults. that's why they insult anonymously. plus they want the insults to be seen by others. so, quickly deleting it wouldn't even be a thing.

• The flagging system is useless without an object.
      It's sort of like how you can't actually block anonymous users for posts. If I call you an idiot and leave it up for one hour but then delete the post the flag goes away because the post goes away.

( insert dissertation on "logical targets and resolution in programming")

• Delete for sure.

• I wish I was able to

What Girls Said 23

• Yes I do, @thewanderingme
    We have this Privilege to do it on Facebook, So why not here, dear?
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Yes, I don't see why not. I would love to be able to go back and fix my typos without it being a hassle.

• I think the ability to edit should be available for a very limited period of time after the post. The time it takes to read it after posting and correct any misspellings but not long enough as to manipulate the answer after responses.

• yes! But I wouldn't use it!

• Yes. It would solve many problems and there wouldn't be misunderstandings.
    I wonder why we are not able to edit or delete our posts.

• It would be a moderating nightmare so no. I like that GaG is like real life. Once you post it you can't take it back. Just like when you say something you can't take it back.

• I think as far as editing, yes. You should be able to edit your posts. Deleting I feel should be only for questions and even then there's technically ways to make the question not yours anymore anyway.

• we should definitely be able to delete questions. I find the whole being forced to close questions and new added restrictions on how often we can ask questions, but not being able to delete one ridiculous.

• As far as deleting questions, it's not really needed. If you don't want it tied to you then you can disavow it

• Yes of course, I support the possible introduction of that new feature.

• Yeah. It would really help when my tablet auto corrects words, or I type too fast and misspell words. Why can't we anyway?

• I don't know why we can't, but I definitely feel your pain on annoying autocorrect mishaps

• Yes of course!

• yeah, i think that would be fair

• I think deleting works better than editing.

• I mean, I would love to be able to edit my posts if need be. However, that would allow trolls to change or delete what they have posted and not get flagged for abusing the rules of the site as often potentially.

• Yes please! I really NEED THIS 😃😃 But still i guess this will happen in 2030 not now 😓😓

• yes I think you should be allowed to edit and delete your posts

• Yes yes, and have an 'last changed at ____' or something somewhere

• I want to be able to fix typos.

• I think you should after you reach a certain Xper level. Like maybe at level 9 or something. At the very least, I think you should be able to edit your own myTakes.

• why the discrimination against lower ranking users?

• Because not everything should be handed out. Plus, I noticed that a lot of lower ranked users tend to have very immature tendencies on this site, like they aren't used to having people express their own opinions without caring about insulting someone. Give it to people who earn it. Maybe 9 is a bit high, but I wouldn't say anything less than level 5 should be allowed to edit.

• No. While I get irritated with my own typos, the potential (and likely) abuse would be worse.

We should all be held accountable for what we post. Period.

• Fuck no. That would be awful. People would abuse the shit out of that feature. Maybe there could be a time limit in which a person can edit their post, like 3-5 minutes or so, but no more than that.

• yee cuz who knows how much cringe worthy shit I've wrote on here

• Yes as long as there is a indicator that shows that the post was edited and has a time stamp

• As long as the original post stays where it can be looked at. Too many jackassss would change their question to make it look like others agree with their opinion. But it'd be nice to go back and fix autocorrects and such!