Why do we even bother answering questions from people who choose to be anonymous?

I have noticed in the past months an increase in the number of anonymous posts. That reflects the paranoia by the person which I cannot relate. An anonymous post gives me the feeling that I'm talking to a wall. And the vast majority of those posts have no reason to be anonymous. Of course people will say that those anonymous people do have a reason. Personally I think that's a bunch of sh.. It is especially irritating when the anonymous person says send me a personal message. Obviously they have no idea what they're doing. I would like to propose that from this day forth no one answer an anonymous post

Thank you I'm getting insight. Even if you disagree with me perhaps you changing my attitude.
I think I'm getting inside myself. I take this way too personal. I get upset when people disagree with me big time. If someone is anonymous I feel like I'm punching a ghost. I don't like that. I need to back off and not take this thing so personally.

Most Helpful Guy

• On the internet, although I myself personally on a website like this, WANT to be able to be seen, associated with and socialized with, others on this site may not feel or value the same sense of community as you or I do.

Plus for those who have had bad experiences on the internet with stalkers, harassers and the like, an extra anonymity layer of not having a traceable profile attached to a post, eases ppl's mind when using a forum site like GaG.

Don't be so angry at walls, aka anonymous users! It's so silly. :-P

• Very good rationale discussion. Let's talk about disarming North Korea

• There is no negotiating with North Korea, if u want them disarmed it will only be done by war. 🔫💣🔪

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really mind it unless the person is being rude. I understand that some people ask questions or discuss very personal things on here, so they don't want their name or face attached to those things. Other users just don't want their identity out there, period, which is totally up to them. They're not here to make friends, just get advice as needed, or they are that nervous about being online and/or having people they know in real life see them on here. I get it as long as they're not being disrespectful.

What Guys Said 18

• Why do people choose to catfish online?

• i've asked questions anonymously. i think their are good reasons for doing so.

i also think there are bad reasons people ask questions anonymously.

i think you have to take it on a case by case basis and decide which questions are asked anonymously for legit reasons and questions that may be asked anonymously so the person can essentially be an asshole with consequence

• I get annoyed when I see questions that are anonymous that have, really, no reason what-so-ever to need to (or be tempted to) go anonymous to post. I get really frustrated with that.

But some questions, for whatever reason, some people are just not comfortable asking with their user name attached. I get that.

So I think it depends on they anonymous question. I will admit though, I have seen a rise in them, and it is frustrating.

• We mustn't forego the opportunity to shame and humiliate them in a public forum. Anonymity only goes so far in guarding the ego!

• As long as its not a stupid question there is nothing wrong with it. People come to this site to ask questions in the first place because they have some insecurity about something. Obviously, you get the people that ask a girls only question so you can answer and they send you a dic pic lol

FWIW i take anon questions and answers less seriously too because its like you say, talking to a wall. But i realise some people i actually know here post anon occasionally so i constantly remind myself to make an effort.

• Hey you brought up another subject, why do guys send Dick pics? That's a homosexual in origin. Heterosexual girls prefer pictures of faces. So says me

• Desperation usually, especially when you dont ask for them. No girl irl wants to look at them so they do it anon on here, hoping that 1 girl out of 1000 finds it attractive.

• The advantages of anonymity are several if what you want is a real discussion. the only point of non-anonymity is if you want to socialize.

• That's a very interesting view. I thought it was the opposite. To get into a real discussion with someone well I'm wrong if you think that way I got a look at it.

• i answer any question I have an answer for. I don't expect anyone to be grateful or to even read it, really. I tend to be a bit 'long-winded' and, at times, a little 'cold' in my responses. Also, oo one asks me to send them messages, anyway...

• some are good and entertaining.

• you dont understand the necessity for anonymity. it is the tyranny of the majority and mob rule that makes people want to be anonymous. tyranny of the majority and mob rule are ideas that people form groups to come persecute or harass you. i have seen people here calling others names for simply having a political stance in life.

• You are looking at this website as being far more important than it is

• That I think is the truth

• perhaps, but that is the reason why anonymity and privacy exist in the world. the fact that this website provides it is good. privacy is eroding in the world you know.

• For a long time i didn't use anon much here.

Then some shit went down, and since then i have answered 95% anon.

Yay, paranoia.

• I can understand the sometimes people may feel scared or embarrassed to say something particular, and if an anonymous option helps them ask something that will be beneficial to them, I can't see why we should choose to ignore them. Less confident people are also entitled to the thoughts, opinions and advice of everyone here.

I personally will continue to answer anonymous askers, if I feel I can help them, I will certainly try.

• Well I'll be honest, my real question was, "my pussy is leaking gasoline what should I do?) I probably post that anonymously but other than that I personally don't see the point but I think I've changed my attitude and see that others have legitimate reason to disagree with me.

• The logical, respectful, and reasonable people I have spoken to on this site have been anonymous. I genuinely enjoy conversations I have with anonymous girls on here. They tend to be the only classy girls on here.

• I don't post anonymous because with a username and profile pic, I still feel anonymous. I don't like to answer questions from anonymous people. They usually post the most annoying, awkward questions. maybe that's why they're anonymous.

• i always automatically assume those are troll questions.

• I don't know, I dislike the anonymity as well.

• You do have an option not to answer?

• There's no reason not to answer them.

• it is true, you can not contact an anonymous to talk

What Girls Said 14

• I've asked questions anonymously sometimes for fun, and sometimes I make up a scenario which I was planning on having in a story im writing. Easier to get honest insights and opinions if I don't say it's a story and keep my identity hidden cause some can be pretty extreme or a bit crazy lol.

Either way some anonymous people are just embarrassed with the questions they are asking. Personally I don't really care. I don't see much of a difference between answering some random gagger with no profile and a forgettable name tbh lol.

• The anonymous feature is there for when someone doesn't want to be recognized when asking or answering a question. It could be a personal thing, a question they're embarrassed about, etc. I've even used anonymous a few times. Why? Because if I feel like a question I'm asking is very personal then I would rather not have people message me about it.

• I'm personally okay with it. not everyone wants an identity here.
    obviously when they say PM me that's ridiculous, but if they're asking a question, why not?

• It's a site to ask question. Lets be honest there are a lot of judgmental people on the internet so if being anonymous makes them feel more comfortable what's the big deal. I don't do it. You don't know who your talking to on here anyway so who cares.

• I may actually take anonymously asked questions more seriously.

Actually, I don't think that not posting anonymously has anything to do about being more confident or showing that you're a good honest person, and most questions on this site asked by non-anonymous are also gibberish anyway.

• P ironic question coming from a person who can't even be honest about his gender on the internet.

• I see your into the circus. I'm asking a real question and I if I were a nurse in a jail it's still a real question. How do you get into the act anyway. I noticed Bell that you get high marks in the mho category. And the reason is you tell people what they want to hear. Not the truth not reality just what somebody 18 years old wants to hear. Surely that is it your opinion. And you are who you are , Bell Pepper! If you do not see the effectiveness or the relative effectiveness of telling people what they want to hear versus telling people the truth then continue to be honest and open and useless

• Exactly, you can't definitively say not being circumcised is the reason for the spread of HPV with so many inconsistencies.

• I don't believe you until you show me proof you're a doctor. Just like how I wouldn't let a doctor treat me until I'm sure that they're qualified.

• Oh, the irony.

• I get you.
    But I don't think being anonymous is that bad.
    Sometimes people have a good reason to post anonymously. It might seem ridiculous or stupid to you, but it's true.
    On the other hand, someone users abuse this feature. They ask questions that shouldn't be asked this way. They could reveal their identity.
    Others don't even know how to answer or ask a question anymore without being anonymous.
    But I don't think this feature should be eliminated. In some cases, it's important.

• When I post a question anonymously, usually because I've asked the same question before and don't want others to think why am I doing it again. Usually when I don't get much answers.
    People may be shy or embarrassed of their question. I usually help them out since it had to be anonymous

• Whenever I have any dating related questions, I anonymize myself. I don't like people know much about my dating life even if it's people on the Internet.

• You were 18 years old do you think anybody gives a shit

• Where did you get the impression that I wanted you to die? I only said that nobody gives a day or gives a shit. We all think the world is looking at us and it's not true. Please forgive me. If I gave you the wrong impression. You are not the center of the world nobody gives a shit. Understanding and accepting and not getting all excited and angry about it is part of maturity and that is what I meant

• When did I give the impression that I am self centered? And when you said I WAS 18, I thought I explained that.

• Because I don't think it's that deep lol.

• My God @Floppy you've just taken the very words out of my mouth.
    Sadly though there simply wouldn't be enough activity here by avoiding all those that choose to be anonymous.

• I am not trying to butter up Kaylyne but I have noticed we agree on a lot of things. That's cool

• I couldn't agree more @Floppy

• As long as it isn't a troll question, I don't see the problem with it.

• Is your profile pic u? If not your just as bad.