IMPORTANT QUESTION! Why is it so hard for you guys to answer somebody's question?

It happens very often. I've seen questions that have gotten more than enough answers and opinions (even 100+), but many more have barely even gotten one answer. I'm sure many of us put our hearts and souls into asking an important question for us and then wait for hours, days, for someone to rid us of our sufferings but none/barely any of you do. And a lot of time those answers are from those people who wanna gain experience points by answering first and not being helpful at all. Why is it so hard for you guys to take two minutes to help someone who really needs it but instead you give opinions on questions that don't need any more answers. I thought this community was designed for helping people.

Most Helpful Guy

• Multiple reasons. For one thing questions scroll off the first page very quickly. Once that happens it's much less likely to be answered.

Second. This site has gotten away from being a help site and turned into a chit chat social site. Helping people has become secondary. People want one sentence questions they can give one sentence answers to. Any real question affecting a person's life can't be asked or answered in a couple of sentences.

Third. The entire site rewards quantity, not quality. That's always been true, but it's more true now than it used to be. The site no longer has anything to do with helping people. It's become a money making site which means they want high volume of posts, even if it's asking questions like "What's your favorite color?" It's also become much more sexual oriented. Sex sells after all.

Why actually help people if that doesn't bring in the money? People complain about not being able to ask dozens of questions a day. It's not possible to ask more than a few legitimate questions here. All the rest is pure fluff. That means that any regular member here can't ask questions, only answer them. The large majority of legitimate questions at a site like this will be from new members. But that's not how it's set up.

Forth. The site has changed from being a place where people try to gain an understanding of the other gender, to being a contest between genders. It's become "Woe is me, my gender has it so terrible and it's all your fault." Or substitute race, nationality, body shape, or anything else for gender.

Bottom line is that this is no longer a help site. It's not a site to understand the opposite gender. It's all fluff. If someone actually gets help for a real problem, it's an exception.

Most Helpful Girl

• I always give honest and truthful opinions and what ever catches my attention and I think it's important to advice.

Sometimes, I don't have the answer to the questions and then I advice to seek professional people because the question may be outside of our expertise (GAG community).

But I do understand where you are coming from... I've had it that I've asked a few relatively important questions and got only like 2-3 answers.. That wasn't really nice... But yeah, what can one do? People answer to what they want to answer or feel adequate to answer..

Not everyone goes through or sees the same thing that you see as important so important :)

• Well, I wish you more luck in getting answers in the future :)

• I do, it just depends on the questions I am asking. I've had more with over a 100, to only 3, so yeah :) all is possible. I just ask what I want to ask ;)

What Guys Said 11

• When I go through the questions, I usually stop once the questions are more than 2 hours old. So anything older I don't even see. Then, to be honest, there are some really fucking stupid people that ask some pretty lame questions that you can get the answer easily by going on google! I also stay away from question from minors, (anyone under 18), especially if they are sexual. I just don't want to be creepy. I also avoid super long full page story/details. I am sorry, but I am not spending 15 mins reading that shit.

• Readers often think one of these about many G@G questions...

1. "I don't have the desire nor time for reading "War and Peace"."
    2. "If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all."
    3. "It's just teenage/20-something drama."
    4. "Again with this type of question?"
    5. "This is a trivial question that will either resolve itself or asker will best learn the answer through The School of Hard Knocks."
    6. "Troll alert!"
    7. and...
    https://youtu.be/MpPvGlrqhdA

• I ignore walls of text without linebreaks personally. I just cba reading if the person cba to type it properly. Then there is the issue of repeating questions, to which you can find an answer to by searching a few buzzwords.

Now what usually follows these posts is that you ask for the OP to give us their original question and they will NEVER do it... So what was your question?

• Oh also, if you ask anon chances are it'll get overlooked too.

• Thank you :) Mostly I ask with my username, but sometimes I post questions anonymously because I included lots of details. I will send you a message with my question if that's okay? :)

• Sure, for for it. If it's something i can help with i will.

• I answer a lot of questions daily but the ones I don't, it's could be for a number of reasons. The big main one is if they are WAY TOO LONG. A lot of people really need to get to the point (question), I don't care about the whole story around it (unless important information but most of the time it's not). I don't want to read a novel to find out the question.
    You know the saying "there's no such thing as a stupid question"? I disagree lol. I can't believe some of the questions I see on here, like really? Are they for real? Because they are so obvious and/or stupid you just can't believe anyone is really seriously asking it.
    Or lastly, maybe it's a question I can't help with or nobody can (ie, a lot of questions are asked about people we don't know, only they can truly know the answer and/or help them with whatever they are asking but they won't TALK to the person, instead they just ask on here).

• I do agree that there are a lot of stupid questions. But I'm not referring to those. But that's a fair answer from you, thank you for your time. :)

• If you need help, post your question, and reply here with a link to your post I'll answer it if I can.

• Thank you, that's very kind :) I'll send you a message.

• OK I'll be here. :) You're welcome. :)

• Maybe you should phrase your questions better. At the same time, people like talking about themselves or entertaining themselves more than they do actively trying to help other people with *their* problems. So the issue isn't with the people, it's with you and your phrasing.

Then, you seem to be a very entitled person. "IMPORTANT QUESTION" Really? What makes it important? Because you asked it? I can only guess that you're used to getting everything you want. The world is not here for you, sweetie. You're a speck of dust on a fleeting wind. Significantly less than that, in fact. If you want other peoples' help, then you have to entice them in some way.

How many questions have you answered in the attempt to help other people? Don't bother answering, because I can't trust your answer and already have a preconception in my head; as well as having no method to prove you correct or incorrect. But you know whether you have or not.

• I understand what you're trying to say. Unfortunately, it's the other way around for me. I almost never get what I want, hence my frustration. Maybe I've overreacted cause this is just the internet, after all. I can't expect real help here.
      Regarding how many questions I've anwered: I've been a member for only two weeks but have answered about 120 questions and have a mho rate of 52%. So, you see I take this very seriously and try to help people. Regardless of your opinion of me, you took your time to answer my question and I appreciate that. God bless

• It is just the internet.

• Most of the time we never see your question. Same thing happens to me. If you don't get it featured, or if it isn't chosen by some privileged user to be seen, it just never appears in the feed.

There's a heavy slant of favoritism at GaG.

• Oh, I didn't know that. Luckily, a few people here volunteered to help me with my question and they've made me very happy. Maybe you should try posting your question here and see what happens. God bless :)

• Why don't you ask a real question so I can help you instead of ranting. Lol

• I've already asked, multiple times :P I can send you a message with my question if you don't mind? :)

• Sure. I'll try to help if I can. Lol

• Turns out you can receive messages only from your followings. But still thank you.

• Many people here are using this site like Facebook ie for fun. So the people who really understand the suffering are in very low count.

• i don't answer questions i can't give a good answer to personally i think no advice is better then shitty advice

• That's a good answer, actually.

• It needs to be featured, or you need lots of followers, especially other people with lots of followers, otherwise it's going to only be in a few people's feeds for a moment then not be seen again unless it's updated. Also wording your questions to interest people goes a long way as well. Often, particularly girls, will ask something super unique to them, specific situations that don't apply to others. Linking questions to core concepts like politics or social issues can spark a bunch of other discussion which gets you continuously bumped to the top of the feed, possibly even featured without spending Xper.

• That's a very reasonable explanation :)

What Girls Said 10

• It's not like people are delibrately trying to hurt your feelings or anything by singling out your question and not providing a response. Maybe people didn't want to respond because they didn't understand it, it was too long, or they didn't feel that had anything to contribite. Don't take it so personally.

• I do , even the ones that are 3 paragraph long because I realise that those people need help the most and have placed a great deal of time and energy into explainations etc. I answer them as long as its in my lane , meaning if i am experienced or able to answer because I dont attempt it unless I've been in that position.

• It is, and I do. Unfortunately this community also has a rewards system that incentivizes people to act that way, but you can't really control that. Sometimes I search No Opinions so I can watch a few that might really need help but don't get it.

• Lol if you think GaG is here to help people you're in the wrong place.

You need to look at how you're writing your questions. Are they Great Walls of Text? Do you repeat yourself often? Is the question 2000 characters about how a boy looked at you from across the street as you stood under a traffic light?

• Haha, they tend to be a bit long, but not too much. But only because it's a specific situation and generic advice doesn't help me that much. :)

• Well that means that you have days to think about the issue yourself.

• If you say so :)

• I think some people do it for the xper, other people don't know the answer, don't understand the question.

• I tend to not bother with the ones where I have to read a friggin novel to answer, or the ones where they ask a question that requires context but they don't offer any. Basically, I answer the ones that are either straightforward (polls or asking a basic "what do you think of this" type question) or that offer up enough context/background to understand their situation within a paragraph, maybe 2.

• Because people are lazy by nature, lots of us just can't be bothered reading super long, often poorly-written, descriptions. I honestly don't think this is the right site if you're really in need of some serious advice.

• Then what's the point of it?

• I understand that people tend to answer more to shorter questions but you can't expect to get proper answers if you don't include enough variables and details.

• I know there's like 500 responded a day on boob and penus questions or why did she smile at me, why did he laugh at my joke... but very few responses in any question someone wants actual help with.

• Is there a question you want help with?

• You're very sweet, I'll send you a message in your inbox :)

• Sometimes people just don't know how to answer certain questions so they don't answer.

• It's not designed for helping people, it has always been used for a popularity contest...