Why won't GaG messages allow me to message a follower?

Me and another person is following each other on GaG and it keeps saying that i have to be a follower to message this person, i do not understand why it is not working.

thank you all for being so helpful, and i now understand how it all works x

Most Helpful Guy

• Must be a glitch in the system. @RedRain should be able to help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Go back into your Follower list and make Sure... This other person is still following you.
    If you see that He or she is Not any Longer... Unfollow them as well.
    However, if you see that for some reason they are not on board any more, Find them on a Comment here, dear, And just politely Ask "Why?" They will know then that they have been caught red handed.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, the person is not following me back but only accepted me following them.

• Oh, so welcome, and I see. xx

• Thank you for your Vote of Confidence. xx

What Guys Said 1

• Means that person who you are following has to follow you too in order for you to message that person..

What Girls Said 4

• Level 1 users cannot send messages to anyone, even if you are following each other. You must be level 2+ to send messages.

• What level user are you? You need to be at 2 Xper to message other users.

• They need to be following you.

• Your username is not added in their follow list so that's why you can't message them directly.