What's with these questions being asked Anonymously?

Looking in my live feed their are WAY MORE anon's asking question than people that aren't anon. Plus a lot of the questions aren't even that embarrassing. They're not offensive either so that rules that reason out.

• They're paranoid about everything
  • They want to drive us insane
  • They hate their face
  • 37% (14)32% (11)35% (25)Vote
Anyone answering this question as anon due to my mistake of blocking that. You all get a downvote and not extra points. :P
cdn0.dailydot.com/.../downvote.gif

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I've noticed that too. Even small question like "Do you like tacos?" Are from anons. It's really weird.

What Guys Said 22

• I've been advocating for limits on the anonymous postings for a while. It sort of destroys the sense of community this site tries to promote.

• yeah, limits would be good - so you can only post anonymous e. g. once a week.

• Like half of the questions you can ask a day is how many you can post anonymously? Then only being able to go anon 5 times a day?

• To be honest, I'm not sure what the limitations should be. But I'm certain this is an open dialog which should be had between members and the admins. I never post anonymously. But I don't expect to hold everyone else to my standards, either.

• sometimes I say things that contradict earlier stances I held. that's because my opinions and values change - usually not overnight, but still, they change. I don't feel like being target to all the pedantic numskulls on the site that would question every single change or ideological shift I go through. sometimes I post anonymously for that reason.

• They're paranoid about everything

• Def gonna go with A on this one.

• FUCK! Okay I want to delete this question right now since I forgot to make it so no anon's can answer on here. *starts bashing head against a wall*

• Luigi's mansion: Dark moon is haunting me, damn those ghosts! Why can't they just get in the vacuum without complaining. :'D

• Oh, brain fart understood and forgiven then! xD

I've just died on a game where you lose an hour's worth of leveling everytime you die... gonna join your headbashing club >_<

• Most people are afraid to admit that they don't know. Therefore they feel more secure asking the questions anonymously. Although if you think about it, if you never tell someone your username, you can still be quite anonymous while still being able to associate with other people.

In my case, if someone REALLY wanted to find out who I really am, there are ways to find out, but it would take a bit of work as I have only put a few hints here or there.

• I have noticed this too,
    You shouldn't really go anon for stupid reasons but then its free for all ticket.
    They should put a limit maximum number of times you could go anon.

• I want the D on this one.

• No one like the hate that comes with a question or opinion these days. being ignorant or hate makes people want to destroy you on the internet. So people do so anonymous.

To perseve friendship and face valvue.

• You are right. If someone has something to say, they should say it with their name. Anon is all crap. Whats the point of saying something if you're not sure about it or don't want to be held accountable for it.

• Hahaha I love the down vote gif

• A combination of A and B

• I am definitely a D on this one lol.

• They want to drive us insane by their annoying questions

• Who cares? There's a reason why there's the option to go anonymous.

• True they're too paranoid and don't want anyone to find out who they are

• who knows

• Whoops. clicked C, but meant to click D

• You, ms Mustachekitteh, are a true vulgarian

• And I share your frustration. Anon holds no one accountable, even though these accounts aren't verified, which I like. I was gonna say its insane, but probably paranoid and really fucking stupid. What, you can't live up to some bogus online persona? Really? That's sad, actually. But, fuck 'em, go home. I say abolish it, and leave the "private option". I think it provides the opportunity to ask some funky questions, provides a little "one on one" and frees up some who wouldn't to reply.

• I was extremely sleepy and my brain was fried, that's when I say the even more crazy stuff. :D

Due to my brain being friend that the time, It actually pissed me off how i forgot to turn it off. To where I wanted to just delete this question and just destroy a whole village. :D

• I'm glad the villagers are safe. And that you are "open" with us.

• I do everything anonymously because I'm embarrassed someone I know will find me doing something I don't like people knowing I do. And it's not like I say anything creepy, it's just... stuff I keep to myself IRL, like the fact that I'm straight (yeah, I know that's weird and stupid but I don't like people thinking I'm sexual in any way) and general other things like that. I'd create new accounts under a fake name, but I already have a few fake names online (since I don't like using my real name) and the people I know know them all and I don't want to have too many fake names that I can't keep track of!

... Excuse me, I rambled. But yeah. That's why I'm always anonymous. I haven't even asked any questions yet so I don't even know if this question applied to me... but if I did, it would also be anonymous, so...

• Dang, I put a space between "..." and "Excuse me", that totally messes up my usual format! Ugh, I'm gonna be losing sleep over this... and over the fact that I'm far too OCD for my own good...

• If you can ask and answer anonymous why not do it? I always do, the feature's there might as well use it, anonymity ftw

• It adds to the mysticism of the question B)

• becuz i said so

What Girls Said 16

• They don't want their faces shown for whatever reason, whether they're paranoid, not looking to attach a certain opinion to their name, not looking to make acquaintances or friends, etc...

• They hate me thats why ):

• I guess either they're paranoid about everything or they are so used to ask and answer anonymously that they can't stop using this feature.

• I don't get it myself. I never go anon..😕

• Some are people who don't want to be harassed by stalkers, others are trolls who roam the site, and the last ones are crybaby cowards who cannot show their faces when ranting about how they disagree with the world.

• I have no idea but lets go with the first option "paranoid".

• Some want privacy, others are trolls hidding behind anonymity.

• They're paranoid about everything

• embarrassment maybe?

• They're scared lol

• I'm going with Paranoid.

• But why not? This entire site is anonymous so I don't see it as a big deal

• If this site was completely anonymous it would be a pg version of 4chan. 4chan is 100% anonymous which they will say some pretty horrible things to people on there if you even smile the wrong way.

• Just let it be dewdd

• Let's play a game... Guess who I am

• Maybe those people are exactly me: I simply enjoy the fact that I can be even anonymous by asking questions anonymously (even though some people can recognise my writing style) so I always go anon, doesn't matter if the question is harmless.

• Sometimes people give opinions on your questions that are a little rude or irritating. It makes me feel bad, so I counter their reply with something that's equally insulting. I'll only do that, though, if I'm anonymous. If I had chosen to ask a question without being anonymous and it received hate, I think I'd have no choice but to just ignore it, and I can't easily do that. I have to treat people how they treat me.

But yes, they are overly paranoid (myself included). I'm paranoid about being banned from this site for some silly reason. I was so paranoid, actually, that I immediately canceled my original account after someone called me a troll. I would never be a troll, so it made me angry, and I had countered their attacks with insults that the mods removed.

On another note, one day I went anonymous just to answer a question and say my favorite color was red. The asker pointed out to me that I didn't need to do that. I didn't even realize it, because being anonymous online is something a lot of people have gotten used to. They hardly notice that they are.

In this case, I'm purposely being anonymous, just because you accidentally made it an option. :)