Are you fed up with the ads (High level users, log off to judge)? Why doesn't GaG change there AD policy?

Its time to rant about ads again...

For the longest time i have complained about ads on this site, they are extremely low quality , break the mobile experience completely (You get forcefully redirected to other sites without clicking on anything because GaG doesn't check there ad providers at all) are full of scam sites and now with the automatically playing video of the day ads are extremely obnoxious and will eat my daily data plan on mobile instantly.

Instead of listening to the users GAG will do more and more agressive ads each and every update. When comparing this to any other site the only site that matches the amount of ads are illegal download and streaming sites. Way to go gag!

Infact it has gotten so redicilous that if you click on a clickbait ad on here, the site that is clearly designed to have low quality content and bring clicks in has less ads then the GaG page i was just on!

So its really time to stop this nonsense. Eigther by providing you the content that powers your site or by finally having you remove these redicilous ads. Keep in mind i am an AD free user, so technically this doesn't effect me (Otherwise i would have suspended account long ago). But with this post i'd like to encourage everyone to stop posting any usefull opinions and suspend there accounts if GaG refuses to listen.

The story of, this is how the site makes money is bullshit. No other site needs this obsessive amount of ads to survive. I rather have an option to never get that amazon giftcard and have a reasonable amount of ads then to be completely spammed with more ads then content.

So in short, no more automatically playing video or audio ads. No more mgid (The worst one), no more taboola full page ads. No more forcefull mobile takeovers with scams. No more scam ads in general such as Anastasia Beauties, Binary option trading etc.

• Obnoxious ads are fine as long as i get that amazon card (And i do not adblock)
  • These ads are unacceptable, i will suspend my account if this continues
  • These ads are unacceptable, i will never turn off my adblocking software
  • The ads are fine, stop whining (Yes i logged off of the site and checked it on mobile and desktop)

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, yes it's ridiculous! I was on my parents desktop computer and tried to log in to GAG and I was having one heck of a time. Ads kept popping up before I even had a chance to log in. Also, on my phone it's even worse. Now I get, my phone is old. It's a Samsung Galaxy 3. It's ready to kick the bucket. But it makes it impossible for people to log in sometimes.

I've also had random ads appear when logged in occasionally. Not sure what that's about either.

• It was the phone experiance that made me post this again. Took me a few tries to log in because of all these rogue ads taking over the website that they do not check for.

• The phone experience with ads is BRUTAL!

Thanks !! :D

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• I haven't seen an ad here in ages because I use Adblock. If they really bother you that much, I suggest you look into it.

I rarely see ads on any site on my mobile devices but I don't know why.

• I won't need adblock, i am a user that gets the ad free version.
      What i despise is the amount of ads on the site for the regular users and how little they seem to care about the userbase. They are making money of my content and the content of everyone else that the community creates and in return we get an obsessive amount of ads. That doesn't make my time here valued at all.

• Feel better now?

• On the various identities I've been complaining about this for years. This website is for profit. The ads pay for this crap. They do not care what is said or how it is said or the misinformation spread. The ads are what count. There is no way of getting rid of them because this is a for-profit website

• Then they must convince me why it takes 3 sources of "Recommended articles", automatic playing video banners, misleading scams, automated mobile redirects and an obscene amount of ads all over the page to cover there costs. Compare it to a gaming news website and there is a huge difference. They usually have a handfull of banners and possible taboola (Which gag also has) but other then that you don't feel bombarded. Why could i manage to turn a gameserver into profit with only 1 optional video ad and do they need this ad arsenal? I really dont get it.

• I can easily answer that question it is called greed

• All I'm saying is I'm glad I have Adblock

• The ads only bother me on my phone, which is why I don't understand why G@G hasn't made a mobile app yet. It's barely usable on my iPhone. But as far as my laptop, it's fine.

• Yep! I hate these fucking Ads!

• Yea love the ads for Russian women! lmao hahahaha
    Shouldn't these be directed towards the male users?

• I don't have those problems with ads. But I'm mostly in Belgium and France.

What Guys Said 5

• Ad block.

Or get higher ranked, scrub...

• You didn't read the entire post, i am ranked high enough to not see any ads.
      The post is about the frustration on how GaG treats its community, not the ads on my screen. I have had GaG in my advertisement blacklist for a while now.

• Because at the moment i am discusting at the very notion of the sites business plan. They keep milking every single penny out of the userbase while depending on them for content.

• It's called business.

• I kind of get pissed when my phone gets attacked by ads before I can finish logging into the website.

• meh. addblock ftw. try using the internet without addblock xD it´s crazy.

• But, Allison Brie...