Who else thinks this site has gone to s--t?

I've been on here longer than most and this is one of the crappiest websites I've ever encountered.
The moderators are power babies, the advertisements pop up in the middle of you typing your password, this site freezes and crashes more than any other I've ever been on, they close questions early and lie.
Who decided the whole close a question in 3 days thing? A clueless person for sure. Give it a week, then we'll talk.
There are so many rules and petty things on here that take away from what could be a better site.
If I had to guess, the people who run it probably have no power in anything else in their life aside from this site.
Anyone else disgusted?

• yes
  • no
Stupid people stick together.

Most Helpful Girl

• They are trying to be something like Face book. I preferred the format before all these new dramatic changes.

Most Helpful Guy

• "this site freezes and crashes more than any other I've ever been on"

• Get those points boy!

• I'm agreeing. You took the words right out of my fingertips so I just copied them.

What Girls Said 10

• Why are you complaining about crashes? Do you use a PHONE or something for the site? I always use a computer and everything is completely fine. There are no crashes or freezes at all.

What lies do they tell, huh? Give us examples.

The advertisements... I don't see any. At all. There is such a thing in this world called Adblocker. Have you heard of it?

You can always leave the site if you don't like it. Nobody is making you be here.

• Are you on drugs? Your mind is just this boggle of random thoughts. I'm not even going to fight you, because you're just an angry little troll who had a shitty day.

• Aw dang it, the mods attacked. This was fun before they stepped in.

• uh huh

• I definitely don't agree with the whole closing questions thing. But are you using internet explorer? GAG doesn't work well with IE at all. Also, Google Chrome has a handy popup blocker extension that will get rid of all ads.

• Well, the ads only show up until you reach a certain Xper level. And you can disable them for 24 hours (I just don't remember how).
    The freezing thing only happen to me when I use my phone. Otherwise I don't have problems with it. So, if you're using a laptop or a desktop, you probably won't have this issue.
    Questions only close if you don't get answers or comments (assuming you haven't selected the MHO). If you do, they stay open for more time.
    So, no. I'm not disgusted.

• You are 100% right 😕😕

• Then why are you still here?

• I guess my only complaints about this site that I can think of are the ads and the number of "am I hot?" (read: attention-seeking) kinda questions on here. I just tolerate the ads, and ignore the latter, so they don't bother me too much.

• Fyi the ads disappear after you reach level 7 xper I believe. One of the perks for staying on here

• What about after you sign in?

• @akadatank44
      No, none

• I love GaG. If u don't y u here?

• I love how you're attacking people who go against your claim for literally no reason, and you're resorting to ad hominem attacks. Learn how to look at opposing arguments before complaining, please.

• Oh fancy words. You read a lot huh? Good for you.

• Can't think of anything else to say? Well, if you hate the site so much, then you're allowed to leave. Nobody is holding you at gunpoint forcing you to stay.

• okay

• No, it's fine. It was better when it was less popular though, and you could get Amazon cards for 4000 xper instead of 7000 lol. I think they should keep the questions open longer too, there never used to be a limit on how long you're able to answer a question. I'd get answers 6 months later and it was fine. I like that you can now close questions yourself though, if you don't want any more answers.

I don't get any advertisements, so no complaints there. I think once you get to a high enough level it stops. You should try Ad-block though.

• If you dont like it then leave, simple as that.

• Thanks for your comment... um not really. They have you fools sucked in. Perfect

• Answer a few question here and there in my down time and get a free gift card outta the deal, works for me. you're right im sucked in.

What Guys Said 10

• I've been here for several years as well. What i find about this site in particular is that its got the largest population of people who claim to hate it while still sticking around. Despite how much people hate it, they are still addicted to the place and can't let go... so clearly the administrators are doing something right.

• Doing something right? Untrue. There are many things far more important in the world that are wrong, fucked up or garbage that people still go along with. That type of thinking is defeated ignorance. Acceptance that you're useless to do anything buy must go along with it. Congrats, you're a sheep.
      by the way, when you invest time in to something for a long time, it's not the easiest to just cold turkey drop something.

• Go on yahoo answers. The amount of bitching makes this site look like child's play 😂

• strangely enough i have not experienced any of the problems you talk about. though the recent update where they introduced "closing" questions and limiting the number of questions you can ask, is pretty shit.

• If you think that little of it, please switch off the light and close the door quietly when you leave!

• You don't find as much activity on random things, only "hot" subjects, kinda borring to me but I still use the place

• It was already bad in the first place.

• You are free to leave at anytime.

• I like it here,
    I hope the door hits you on the ass on the way out

• No, I can't sleep and it kills the time so...

• lol said the serial troll questioner troll aged 30-35

• There's a certain Uber mod who is definitely on a power trip. I'm only still here to try and help people, even though some of the mods are jerks.

• Exactly. I've been a mod on a forum before, it's all power trip. But they don't even matter.

• This website honestly is pointless. We're just making some executives rich by using their site. I've tried helping people here for months on end, and they just refuse to helped.

• Thank you! I would shake your hand if I could.